Become a Patron!

Arctic Fox....Why?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please don't hijack this thread.
Batteries discussion/trolling doesn't belong here, there's a gazillion threads for that.
Thanks
My apologies, it just really peeved me to see it wasn't just in that case, even with proof, they have to be right.

To go back on topic, what are your favourite settings for AF if you have a favourite one? I have a 60W preheat most of the time, reducing to 30W, running around 240C with simple 2.5MM ID, 26G SS316L coils.

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I almost exclusively use power mode, and custom power curves help a lot in achieving a satisfactory vape
My 'triangle' power curve ramps up to 120% in 1/2s then gets back to 100% over the next full second
I take long draws though (3 to 4s on average), so this kind of pattern may be not useful to people taking short, powerful drags

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lol, so him actually stating that the 30Q, LG HG2 or VTC6 was a better choice than the VTC5A in that case was wrong? I said the 30Q was a better choice in a regulated mod for up to 120W in a dual battery mod, you then said they wasn't due to sag and other factors, but even with that taken into account you get longer runtime with them in a dual 18650 setup at low-fairly high power settings. Above this the VTC5A is a fantastic choice, but below it isn't really needed.

Mooch said that for up to 75W per battery, the 3000MAH batteries are usually the better choice over the VTC5A in a regulated mod, which is even more than I had recommended.

You then kept back peddling your answers, so I asked Mooch directly, and when shown this you said it didn't matter as it was just his opinion.
Just check the graphs, properly.

You then said that it was ME who was being pedantic lol.

If you really don't believe it then I think it is you living in the fantasy, or are a pretty good troll.

EDIT: I do apologise for this. It was just a bit annoying to see someone who would tell you white was black because they believed it.
Mooch said the HG2, 30Q and VTC6 are a better choice for up to 120W in a dual 18650 regulated mod IF YOU DON'T CHAIN VAPE. In that same thread, I actually even posted the link to the video interview with Mooch on YouTube where everyone can WATCH HIM SAY IT so not only were you being pedantic, but also you are flaming AND derailing this thread.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mooch said the HG2, 30Q and VTC6 are a better choice for up to 120W in a dual 18650 regulated mod IF YOU DON'T CHAIN VAPE. In that same thread, I actually even posted the link to the video interview with Mooch on YouTube where everyone can WATCH HIM SAY IT so not only were you being pedantic, but also you are flaming AND derailing this thread.
No, he never said that at all to me , which is what I mean by you backtracking and changing things. I am not flaming, and you was the one that gave a one line reply to ME even though I gave content to this thread.Also, remember mooch doesn't matter according to you as they are just 'his opinions'.

Back on the real subject, @xpen how do you find the power curves? Do you prefer your mods now with arctic fox, or before?

I tend to vape at a pretty 'low' wattage, and really enjoy the custom options of arctic fox. I haven't really experimented with pre heat in V/W mode, I will have to test it out.

Last edited:

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Back to the point: I'm now so dependant on AF's features that its compatibility is now for me one of the choice criteria when selecting a new mod
I've upgraded to AF all the compatible mods I own, and the few ones not supported are being mostly neglected
Recently I've tried for kicks to re-flash the cuboid with its latest stock firmware: what a difference... It took all of a couple hours before flashing it back to AF

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have one Pico on AF and the other still on Pico 1.00, when I grab the one with Pico firmware it's like stepping back to the dark ages, can't easily reset my cold resistance, can't use DNA 316L settings, can't see live resistance and on and on. I can make both work for TC but to keep it tuned AF rules. Will play with power curves this weekend for fun and the experience.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back to the point: I'm now so dependant on AF's features that its compatibility is now for me one of the choice criteria when selecting a new mod
I've upgraded to AF all the compatible mods I own, and the few ones not supported are being mostly neglected
Recently I've tried for kicks to re-flash the cuboid with its latest stock firmware: what a difference... It took all of a couple hours before flashing it back to AF
Wow, you must really like AF then!

If I think back though, and AF was available when I was getting new mods, it would be a bonus and probably swayed me into choosing mods that can run it.
After all Escribe was similar with my DNA200 purchases and was one of the main reasons I got them, and other Evolv mods since.

I already had quite a few mods that support AF, that all run them now, apart from a Pico. I only tend to use that in power mode with a serpent mini, but I might as well put it on that one too.

The Cuboid is a mod I actually really like, as it is more than enough for me. I know it's output is low for a high powered mod, but still fine for me. My Grey one doesn't seem to work now though all the time :(, but my silver one is still going strong.

The stock firmware isn't bad, at least I don't think so. It is more than enough for most vapers, but for people who like to tinker, AF brings it to life :)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No, he never said that at all to me , which is what I mean by you backtracking and changing things. I am not flaming, and you was the one that gave a one line reply to ME even though I gave content to this thread.Also, remember mooch doesn't matter according to you as they are just 'his opinions'.

Back on the real subject, @xpen how do you find the power curves? Do you prefer your mods now with arctic fox, or before?

I tend to vape at a pretty 'low' wattage, and really enjoy the custom options of arctic fox. I haven't really experimented with pre heat in V/W mode, I will have to test it out.
How does your pointing out what Mooch said or didn't say to you contribute anything useful to this thread? Please look up the definition of "flaming". And no, I was not the one who started the vitriol. Remember I agree with Mooch's opinions despite that he himself has said they are only his opinions. I am only posting this so others who might stumble across this thread can more easily see who is just spreading noise to keep defending that "other guy".

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have it installed on all my mods that are compliant. When deciding on a new mod it is in my head but there are other good chips out in other mods. So I wouldn't say it is a deciding factor.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is the point I've been trying to make for quite some time now... AF compatibility is indeed a major plus, and cannot be ignored despite all the useless ego tripping vitriol that continues to go on against a lot of these AF compatible mods. (Specifically, ones by Wismec/Joyetech.)

On my RX300 with AF installed on it, I am getting a better vape experience than similar priced mods that aren't compatible with AF. Yesterday I tried the Boxer mod... it allows a custom curve to be used in VW mode, but you cannot turn the wattage in VW mode up or down without messing with the custom curve because the custom curve in the Boxer mod uses wattage values, whereas AF is using percentage values.

power curve.jpg

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have it installed on all my mods that are compliant. When deciding on a new mod it is in my head but there are other good chips out in other mods. So I wouldn't say it is a deciding factor.
For me it became a deciding factor since I've got hooked to my custom-tailored power curves, and to the fact that I can have the very same vaping experience across multiple mods (single or dual battery, parallel or serial, big or small, heavy or light... you name it)
Ditto for the possibility of altering the battery cutoff voltage, to squeeze the most battery life out of a mod and still not damage the batteries.
All in all AF compatibility isn't the only deciding factor, to be sure, but an important one for me.
Not surprisingly, the few mods I've bought since I've been using AF are all compatible with it. That in itself speaks volumes..

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's a pity most compatible mods aren't of great quality, especially electrically, because their boards/chips - upgraded with the AF firmware and tools - can rival boards costing many times as much...
You want great quality from a mod at reasonable price? Then grab yourself a mech! :bliss:

This week alone in fact I bought not one, not two, but THREE authentic mechs. (Last one I bought is the HOG V3.1 aka "The Four Horsemen"─and got it only yesterday.)

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got plenty of those already, thank you..
I've even simulated the custom power curve by using stainless steel for their coils
But we're going OT again...

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You want great quality from a mod at reasonable price? Then grab yourself a mech! :bliss:

This week alone in fact I bought not one, not two, but THREE authentic mechs. (Last one I bought is the HOG V3.1 aka "The Four Horsemen"─and got it only yesterday.)
Uhm.. if you can't get a decent vape from a build regulated.... your never going to be able to build a good mechnical vape. Where you can't adjust the power output to the build.

With a mech you have to know how to produce vapor without the aid of technology. .... it all comes down to how you bend the wires. ...... that is much more difficult.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Uhm.. if you can't get a decent vape from a build regulated.... your never going to be able to build a good mechnical vape. Where you can't adjust the power output to the build.

With a mech you have to know how to produce vapor without the aid of technology. .... it all comes down to how you bend the wires. ...... that is much more difficult.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
I know perfectly well how to get a GREAT vape from a regulated. In fact my first successful coil build was a pair of staple staggered fused claptons (5 wraps, 25.5g Kanthal A1 / 4ply .1x.5 Kanthal A1 ribbon / 36g Nichrome80, 2.5mm ID)... this was only four weeks after I started vaping. This build ohmed out at .11 ohms in my 25mm Troll RDA 2. This build I actually chain vaped on my RX300 for 11 weeks. My second successful coil build was the single coil alien in the picture I posted last Tuesday in my reply to you in this thread (7 wraps, 28g Nichrome80 / 38g Nichrome80, 3.5mm ID)... this was about six weeks after I started vaping. This build ohmed out at .5 ohms in my 24mm Goon RDA. Not saying it was easy. But I can attest it was still nevertheless easier than rocket science. Now that I finally own "The Four Horsemen" mech mod I can produce vapor with the aid of Pestilence, Famine, War, and Death. :)

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
:bliss:*ding ding ding* for the comments about how nice it is to use a common firmware across multiple mods! I have two Evic VTC minis on a slow plane from china and will put AF on one right away to go with my Pico w/AF. I don't regret learning the Pico with its native firmware though, it taught me the value of an accurate cold resistance setting in temperature accuracy and consistency in vapor, the basics of TC, something I might never have learned tweaking all the parameters in AF :D
I will leave the native firmware on one of my VTC minis like I did with one of my Picos for comparisons.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
theres lots of snippets of information throughout this thread in between all of the unfortunate troll activity

For the guys who are actually contributing is there a complete how to guide for the AF firmware? Must admit I've had to skip over lots of the content cause I'm missing bits and pieces of the conversation

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ok, I'm a happy camper with AF now, I came home and read the "manual" (Info Guides and Reviews on NFE forum) and quickly learned how to scroll through the Menus on my Pico and manually set my cold resistance. I rebuild Ego One CLR coils, they don't always make the best contact and resistance tends to decrease as I vape the tank down, which in TC mode for 316L sends my temp readings all over the place. With the Pico 1.00 firmware the workaround was to put an atty with a lower resistance on, then put my SS tank on, and it would give me the "New coil up Same Down" message. Now with AF, I just go through the Menu, select Wire.. and set my new cold resistance I want (having observed my cold resistance readings) and lock. Easy now!
https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/arcticfox-firmware.15/

Ahh sorry found it a few pages back... is this the link I need Wolf?

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
theres lots of snippets of information throughout this thread in between all of the unfortunate troll activity

For the guys who are actually contributing is there a complete how to guide for the AF firmware? Must admit I've had to skip over lots of the content cause I'm missing bits and pieces of the conversation

I've got four mods that I want to deploy ArticFox on but I'm with you KingPin!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I've got four mods that I want to deploy ArticFox on but I'm with you KingPin!.

@Angrygod50 would you be willing to put a how to how to guide up matey and let's sticky that bad boy :) love to add a link to it the temp control Q and A thread, think AF needs its place in there for sure (hopefully keep it clean without the trolling keep that here)

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ahh sorry found it a few pages back... is this the link I need Wolf?
That's it KingPin, the closest thing to a manual that I've found for making changes on the mod itself. Of course with my little Pico screen, the commands to get to the main menu are the same but I have to scroll through to see the selections and just scroll to exit when I'm done making any changes.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Got my two Evic VTC Mini's with EGO One Mega atty's full kit including 1A USB wall plug in the mail from Health Cabin today, since the firmware version on it doesn't do SS without doing the Evic firmware upgrade, I straightaway put Artic Fox firmware on one and loaded the profile settings I had saved from my Pico setup (including 316L SS), then tweaked the display to what I wanted on the mod itself. The big display is so nice compared to my Pico. Vaping well in TC mode so taking it to work tomorrow :)

Last edited:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for that I printed it. Though it was pretty easy to find my way around on my VTC mini menus compared to the Pico lol

For me it's the Pico's button placement that's more bothersome, hated it since day one.
Some prefer it though... it's a very polarizing design choice.
The buttons on the 100TC are worse in their own way. JoyeTech carried over the terrible third mode button from the 40TC and it's horribly slow to scroll (one way only) through all the added modes.
AF completely removes that. :D

I forgot we bumped our VTC's power on day one, and added SS soon after as well (I think... power for sure. Much like the 100TC's bump update was there when they went on sale. Odd, but better than never getting an update. JT loves updates. ;) ). I've got a very OG model sitting unused... it gets the AF treatment very shortly.

It's also, oddly, my only "large" screen mod. At least you've been spared the ridiculous way JT has been playing with screen layouts for a year and a half.
It's like they just can't resist. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
For me it's the Pico's button placement that's more bothersome, hated it since day one.
Some prefer it though... it's a very polarizing design choice.
The buttons on the 100TC are worse in their own way. JoyeTech carried over the terrible third mode button from the 40TC and it's horribly slow to scroll (one way only) through all the added modes.
AF completely removes that. :D

I forgot we bumped our VTC's power on day one, and added SS soon after as well (I think... power for sure. Much like the 100TC's bump update was there when they went on sale. Odd, but better than never getting an update. JT loves updates. ;) ). I've got a very OG model sitting unused... it gets the AF treatment very shortly.

It's also, oddly, my only "large" screen mod. At least you've been spared the ridiculous way JT has been playing with screen layouts for a year and a half.
It's like they just can't resist. :rolleyes:
Yeah that must have been torture going through those different screens!
I'm fortunate in that I just got into TC with Picos a month or so ago, discovered Artic Fox right away and now have a common platform in AF that Im familiar with loaded on my new Evic VTC Mini and using the same setup as my Pico getting the same vape. My timing was just right :)
I too like the button placement on the VTC much better than my Pico. I was surprised though how much taller the VTC is! Not that mini, a little taller than my istick30 & 40W TC. Nice feel in the hand though with the silicone sleeves I bought with them. Like the Pico, a very solid metal frame. And the battery door has strong magnets it's not going anywhere :D

Last edited:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah that must have been torture going through those different screens!
I'm fortunate in that I just got into TC with Picos a month or so ago, discovered Artic Fox right away and now have a common platform in AF that Im familiar with loaded on my new Evic VTC Mini and using the same setup as my Pico getting the same vape. My timing was just right :)
I too like the button placement on the VTC much better than my Pico. I was surprised though how much taller the VTC is! Not that mini, a little taller than my istick30 & 40W TC. Nice feel in the hand though with the silicone sleeves I bought with them. Like the Pico, a very solid metal frame. And the battery door has strong magnets it's not going anywhere :D

Along with many others, I got dragged into the DNA world last fall through the VT 133 (and similarly sale priced 75s) and between those and the Picos, I hadn't been showing the VTC or 100TCs any love... all year. :(
That's gonna change.
AF cures many of JT's foibles (though not all*) so the 133s are going to get a well earned rest for a bit.

To wit... JT was first off the line with serious, frequent and new feature rich firmware updates, so it's partially excusable that they also got into a layout rejiggering loop. Partially. It got a little out of hand. :)
And if you look over the first third of so of the massive VTC thread, you'll see a long back and forth over "what the hell is going on with this POS's TC control".
It lasted many months, and was not a fun time. Such a beauty of a mod... such teething pains. :(

But, I've got 12 or 13 JT mods, and the only problems are... the damned (and dangerous) autofire of the early i30s and i50s; and my OG RX has a long axis single line of dead pixels. If it wern't for the 510, it'd have AF on it already as well.
Speaking of...

* The use of poor wireing contacts, and crap 510s, in all things Wismec however... that is inexcusabe. And something AF can not correct for us TC users. That's on JoyeTech.
And I really don't give a flying for the counterpoints of solely Power Mode users... AF is to a great extant a TC centric competitor to EScribe. Period. The TC performance matters.

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love AF. But there are two features I would like to see implemented:

1/ Bypass mode, or if the hardware doesn't support it, bypass emulation by the firmware.
2/ Unattended continuous operation in TC mode - i.e. you press the fire button once, and the mod powers a TC coil at a set temperature for x minutes.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And I really don't give a flying for the counterpoints of solely Power Mode users... AF is to a great extant a TC centric competitor to EScribe. Period. The TC performance matters.
Similarly... I don't give a flying whether you give a flying. TC has its place, but then so has VW mode... period. ;)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love AF. But there are two features I would like to see implemented:

1/ Bypass mode, or if the hardware doesn't support it, bypass emulation by the firmware.
2/ Unattended continuous operation in TC mode - i.e. you press the fire button once, and the mod powers a TC coil at a set temperature for x minutes.

When you mention bypass emulation, would that work by taking a reading of the input voltage, and outputting this vs a 'true' bypass mode?

Also, what would you use the second feature for? Genuine question, just wondered what you would use it for.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you mention bypass emulation, would that work by taking a reading of the input voltage, and outputting this vs a 'true' bypass mode?

Yeah pretty much. I mean, if the mod's hardware can't physically connect the battery to the 510 connector, then matching the battery's voltage would achieve something very similar.

Also, what would you use the second feature for? Genuine question, just wondered what you would use it for.

Well, it's to power certain kinds of atomizers that may not be discussed here. I'm not in the target audience for that sort of feature myself, but a friend of mine who doesn't have the dough to buy the kind of vaporizer he wants uses a 510 attachment and powers it by pressing and holding the fire button for 10 seconds, then pressing it again repeatedly. Inconvenient...

From a technical standpoint, I would like to see AF do that. But I'm not sure the electronics in most of the cheap mods AF supports would be up to scratch with the kind of heat that would generate. Maybe there's a safety issue there... Still, I'm curious.

Last edited:

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
Any idea what are those [P10] builds. I get that this stands for protocol 10 but what is the difference between them and the ordinary builds? Is this some kind of nightly builds?

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The Pico does TC well out of the box (with Ni200 anyway). I find AF doesn't do a better job in that particular department, but the profiles are soooo convenient! Just for that, AF is worth it.

As for my Reuleaux RX300, the regular firmware does give me burnt tastes in TC sometimes, but AF doesn't. So again it's better.
The Pico temp accuracy on SS mode is terrible, though control is stable. I had to set an m1 to 80 to get decent accuracy for temperature at 400 F. Arctic Fox accuracy is much better with the default settings for 316L or if you load TFR from steam engine.

mhertz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright update people. I had a good chat with the devs from arctic fox. 1st off really nice people, really smart, really informative and i'm sure you all know this. Here is some important info that isn't mine but directly from them and further echos what i said

In regards to my comment about how all their new mods (rx300, evic primo v1 and v2, predator, cuboid tap, exo skeleton) are crappy mods
[...]
Sorry for old quote... :) Anyway, I just wanted to add that i've also talked to them, and so just for others e.g. reading the above, then it's a problem with some mods and with other mods there are both good and bad so it's a russian roulete as they describe themselves, but not ALL are bad... Djlsb also rarely have resistance issues when checking his prototypes...

What i'm specifically talking about is the primo v1 and v2... I asked which dual-cell mod they recommended to work best, and they stated the primo v1 was good for one of the devs and the primo v2 was good for another dev. They stated often the silver version worked better, though could be by chance of course...

I have a new updated predator with new 510 that cannot fall out and with AF it's crazy smooth in TC and the curve is very close to DNA smoothness! Yet, the new predators also have an issue with common grounding at the bottom, but I seem to have been lucky. Also they stated that yes we see alot of issues with joytech/wismec/eleaf, but they are also market-leaders, or atleast one of them, so we should think in relative terms too i.e. how many good between how many bad...

I'm personally willing to take the chance with wismec/joytech/eleaf, because they are so cheap and if they do work, then you have scored gold in having a good mod with all that AF has to offer you i.e. a DNA lite/budget experience :) (One I read actually thought AF with proper PI regulation was smoother than DNA, though only on simple non esotic coils...)

Btw, Daniel from djlsb also uses oscilloscope when testing and the predator v1 was very smooth too on TC, so I don't see how you can say as a fact that predator is crap on TC... Yours was crap on TC... Also you say e.g. smok can't do TC? What about the osub's TC curve on daniels review... Some devices fail obviously, but we cannot really generalize imho... No disrespect meant btw :)

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Sorry for old quote... :) Anyway, I just wanted to add that i've also talked to them, and so just for others e.g. reading the above, then it's a problem with some mods and with other mods there are both good and bad so it's a russian roulete as they describe themselves, but not ALL are bad... Djlsb also rarely have resistance issues when checking his prototypes...

What i'm specifically talking about is the primo v1 and v2... I asked which dual-cell mod they recommended to work best, and they stated the primo v1 was good for one of the devs and the primo v2 was good for another dev. They stated often the silver version worked better, though could be by chance of course...

I have a new updated predator with new 510 that cannot fall out and with AF it's crazy smooth in TC and the curve is very close to DNA smoothness! Yet, the new predators also have an issue with common grounding at the bottom, but I seem to have been lucky. Also they stated that yes we see alot of issues with joytech/wismec/eleaf, but they are also market-leaders, or atleast one of them, so we should think in relative terms too i.e. how many good between how many bad...

I'm personally willing to take the chance with wismec/joytech/eleaf, because they are so cheap and if they do work, then you have scored gold in having a good mod with all that AF has to offer you i.e. a DNA lite/budget experience :) (One I read actually thought AF with proper PI regulation was smoother than DNA, though only on simple non esotic coils...)

Btw, Daniel from djlsb also uses oscilloscope when testing and the predator v1 was very smooth too on TC, so I don't see how you can say as a fact that predator is crap on TC... Yours was crap on TC... Also you say e.g. smok can't do TC? What about the osub's TC curve on daniels review... Some devices fail obviously, but we cannot really generalize imho... No disrespect meant btw :)
Djl also said that alien does good TC talk to any alien owner lol. That's the problem with taking 1 reviewers word for everything.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mhertz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Daniel didn't say alien had good TC btw... He said he thought smok would improve the aliens TC in a later firmware upgrade because the osub's TC curve was extremely smooth as you can see in his alien review...

Btw, I don't take only one reviewers word for anything... What I instead do however, is take the word from people which back up there opinions with osciloscop readings/proof of said opinion...

I've watched many of your reviews btw, and like them alot, however, I just wish that when you state something is crap, then you would actually show technical proof of it too ;) Also regardless of it's crap or not, then when I see your reviews i'm always sad to see very detailed readings for everything, except the TC, where you then just say if it's good or crap. I would love to see the scopes as I already trust you as a competent honest rewiever, but am not persuade by personal opinions myself.

Please don't take this as anything less but honest constructive critique :)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Daniel didn't say alien had good TC btw... He said he thought smok would improve the aliens TC in a later firmware upgrade because the osub's TC curve was extremely smooth as you can see in his alien review...

Btw, I don't take only one reviewers word for anything... What I instead do however, is take the word from people which back up there opinions with osciloscop readings/proof of said opinion...

I've watched many of your reviews btw, and like them alot, however, I just wish that when you state something is crap, then you would actually show technical proof of it too ;) Also regardless of it's crap or not, then when I see your reviews i'm always sad to see very detailed readings for everything, except the TC, where you then just say if it's good or crap. I would love to see the scopes as I already trust you as a competent honest rewiever, but am not persuade by personal opinions myself.

Because I found with temp control the scope is meaningless. Take a look at the g class or the drag in TC and it'll look bad on a scope cause they use pwm but in reality they are very good in usage. And he said the aline was good in TC and would get better with firmware. It was never good. It was awful. I can't speak on the osub but of the 12 to 15 smok mods I have they all suck at temp control.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Without a scope or high speed recorder I would never try to set up a control system at work. An absolute requirement for tuning for good control. Mod temp control is no exception that's why I love Arctic Fox :)

mhertz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just rechecked the vid... He stated the signal was shaky and that you could feel it at times but other times you almost didn't feel it and that he was pretty sure they would improve it because of the scope of the osub which was great. Also he used I believe v1.18. Of course a PWM TC signal looks "shaky", but you can still see a pattern and if you feel that scope readings are meaningless then lets agree to disagree...

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just rechecked the vid... He stated the signal was shaky and that you could feel it at times but other times you almost didn't feel it and that he was pretty sure they would improve it because of the scope of the osub which was great. Also he used I believe v1.18. Of course a PWM TC signal looks "shaky", but you can still see a pattern and if you feel that scope readings are meaningless then lets agree to disagree...
I guess a better way to put it is the key to good temp control is consistency. Any mod can give a good vape here and there to make a decent looking signal but can it do it every time? That's why I think one snapshot of a oscope with likely a single spaced basic coil isn't a meaningful indidcator. He's given a pass to way too many mods that IMO do bad temp control

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The true reason why the guy you're talking to thinks he doesn't need to back up his opinion with osciloscope readings/proof of said opinion is the simple fact he wants you to just believe him... kind of like the pope also wants you to believe in stuff. Don't want to believe me? Then just compare his RX300 video review to that from DJLsb Vapes. See who has the oscilloscope readings and who doesn't? Now, take it one little step further. Try to find out, by simply searching the internet, how many reviewers there are who also reviewed the RX300, find out what their opinions are like. See where I'm getting at?
The proof is already out there that he is pretty much non technical. All you have to do is be willing to search for this proof, and be competent enough to apply a healthy dose of good old-fashioned facts checking. I already gave you a good head start with what I just told you about the RX300, but I'll give you another hand. Recently he's been spreading the same type of non technical stuff─stuff he just wants everyone to believe because he obviously hasn't got any proof to back it up─in another thread created by him about the 510 on the RX Gen3. Specifically, I'm referring to the part he wrote on the technical subject of Chassis Ground. (I'm not asking you to believe the explanation I gave in that same thread in post #68. Rather, I'm asking you to live up to your own word and do your own facts checking, and do it thoroughly so that you can then get a handle on what this guy's credibility status is like.)
:)

VU Sponsors