Become a Patron!

Arctic Dolphin Squonk won't fire

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seems to be making good contact from the 510 to the atty, switch to the contact, and battery terminals. Any idea's?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup, no wires at all. I could take some pics, but really nothing to show.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is 510 making contact..i know u said yes...but is it. Saw int pics...and remembered i had 1 once. Bend contacts a bit as well..

Sent from a very cloudy room

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is 510 making contact..i know u said yes...but is it. Saw int pics...and remembered i had 1 once. Bend contacts a bit as well..

I am pretty sure it is. Other than putting the longest atty pin I have on it (I did), how else could I tell?

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn...i know theres a with coil wire...lemme see if i find that method...u bend the batt conatcts a bit

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ok. the round contact on the 510, take that off, should just unscrew, and see if its dirty, the threads.
I think I tried and it wouldn't budge, IIRC. I forgot it today, but I will try again. Can't remember if it was this one or another one that wouldn't come apart

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
oh, they may "look" ok. but use a q-tip and alcohol to clean them.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I think I tried and it wouldn't budge, IIRC. I forgot it today, but I will try again. Can't remember if it was this one or another one that wouldn't come apart

did you try pliers ? it looks like it is tightened down. put some duct tape on the pliers, like 2-3 layers.
does the 510 turn ?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have a Crea, but looking at this exploded image, it does seem like the 510 would be the most likely culprit somewhere.
arctic-dolphin-crea-squonk-mod_004021dc66da.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Although, ya know what? The bottom contact has that collar that connects to the button. I wonder if that screw there is loose or something and it controls how tight the contact joins to the switch?
dshe.JPG

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I don't have a Crea, but looking at this exploded image, it does seem like the 510 would be the most likely culprit somewhere.
arctic-dolphin-crea-squonk-mod_004021dc66da.jpg

looking at that pic. i would take out the 510 pin and clean it and its female counterpart. of course it could be something under that sled thingy.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Seems to be making good contact from the 510 to the atty, switch to the contact, and battery terminals. Any idea's?
Did you ever figure out the issue? Have you tried adjusting the 510 on the mod? It isn't spring loaded and needs to be manually adjusted, I believe that mod uses a flathead and should be reverse threaded.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you ever figure out the issue? Have you tried adjusting the 510 on the mod? It isn't spring loaded and needs to be manually adjusted, I believe that mod uses a flathead and should be reverse threaded.
Well, no I didn't figure it out, but it is working fine :confused: I just kept taking it apart and looking at things, never found a thing wrong, but no problems now. I had adjusted the pin many times and ways, always was making connection. I honestly have no idea what wasn't right.

VU Sponsors