Become a Patron!

Arco V2 and Predator 228

I have heard great things about this tank from my local shops and my friends that have it. These coils last 3+ weeks, great flavor etc etc. I have had it since Saturday(4 days at this point) and I have had weird flavor(not bad) but it's not like it was the first 2 days and this coil looks jacked(i can see the cotton quality from the top) other people have shown me their 2-3 week old coils and they look brand new. Are they BSing or am I doing something wrong. That's the tank.
I am using this tank on 2 mods, the Wismec Rx200s and Predator 228 running it at 78 watts on both but mainly using it on my Rx200s but when I have it on my Predator the bottom heats up(by the battery door) and I am concerned since I am always worried the batteries are gonna blow or something, I vape but it's a fear I always have. My Rx200s doesn't heat up the same way, it seems fine. But I am concerned about my Predator 228, if anyone uses this mod is anyone else getting this or something similar? I might retire the mod if it's a common enough issue but I don't know anyone that has it.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
First, the Predator. I would suspect the batteries in addition to the mod. Are the batteries matched, reasonably new, from a reputable vendor, at least 20 amp each, and LG, Samsung, or Sony? I wouldn't keep using a hot running mod. 78 watts shouldn't be straining a dual 18650 mod.

Now for the Arco 2. I assume you are experienced with priming and working the power upwards gradually. I let that T6 coil saturate in the tank a good 30 min due to the flax paper. There are some dud coils for any tank. Dark sweet juices will gunk up the coil very quickly. Despite the claims of fast break in with the T6, I find the flavor gets better after about 2 tank refills. I wouldn't let the juice level get much below the top of the wicking holes on the sides of the coil. I like these coils but they do have their quirks.

Your Arco 2 can also run smok tfv8 cloud beast coils, plus several others. I prefer the Arco coils for flavor and lasting longer. They are not cheap and not in stock everywhere. The tfv8 q4 coil vapes pretty similar to the Arco 2 T6.

On the Predator I am using 2 18650 Teal MXJO batteries, they are matched and I bought them with the mod (I always buy new batteries with a new mod) They are married and stay together, I bought them from the shop I always used until I moved back to my current location. I have since retired the mod and am only using my RX200s, I like the RX200s even if it's a bit old at this point. (The updated firmware has helped a bit too, feels more consistent)

I am experienced with priming and working up to a wattage im comfortable with the problem I believe did come from the juice... they coils were gunked up, I have 2 with Yami Vapors Turuto(2 burnt arco coils) and some RDAs that got really dark, the RDAs are vaping fine but the tank can't handle it, I have to switched my tank to Killer Custard and it's vaping nicely.

I am aware of the Arco 2 being able to use smok coils and vice versa, I bought the Arco 2 so I didnt have to use Smok coils any more, I had a big baby beast not a TFV8. Smok coils in my area being sold by shops burn really fast and taste horrible, I bought some recently and the coils were burning in hours, not days with light vaping, I made sure the coils were primed and good before I started vaping (this was with both killer custard AND yami vapor juice.

VU Sponsors