Become a Patron!

Aramax Power Kit Review – The Titanic of Tanks (but not in a good way)

MsXqn6C.jpg

Quick Brief

The Aramax Power Kit is a pen-style 5000mAh fixed 55W device that I bought last year with the intentions of using it as a daily work-horse due to the claimed 2-3 day battery life. As part of my job, I spent a significant amount of time outside of the office and I thought this kit might be able to keep up with my hectic schedule and keep me vaping all day long. Was I wrong or what…

Quick Technical

- Pen Style 5000Mah fixed 55W device
- 2ML Tank (optional 5ML)
- Direct to Lung
- Top Fill with child-resistance cap
- 0.14 Ohm Dual Coil

Quick Review

I’ve used this kit on and off for some time now and probably gone through around 300-400mL of juice, some of it not by vaping or choice (but more on that later).

Right off the bat, I do like the design and feel of this device. It is quite large because of the battery size but it has a solid well-built feel. Up until the day I bought this kit, I had never heard of Aramax before but it honestly feels like a well put together piece of kit.

The fixed variable wattage is nice at 55W and the DTL vape is cool and flavorful. I do like the large battery as it does keep going all day long though it takes a bit of time to charge (which is to be expected). The kit comes with a 5ml tank that has a plastic insert to make it TPD compliant. By removing this plastic insert, you effectively change it from a 2ml tank to a 5ml tank and I have to say I quite like that. Moreover, I absolutely love the top fill – I think every tank should have it.

Unfortunately though, I have several negatives. To start, when you are trying to take the glass off to clean the tank, unless you pull it off perfectly straight… you will end up breaking the glass in your hand and having shards of it in your palm. I can speak from experience when I say this is not pleasant at all. Thankfully though, Aramax replacement glass is only a few Euros (I guess they expected this?)

My biggest single gripe with this tank and I am not sure why it happens frequently is the leaking. If you put this in your pocket and sit down, if you hold the device upside down or you accidently knock it over – it will leak the liquid out and drain the whole tank before you know it’s even happened. I believe it has something to do with the way the airflow is designed and the catch-tank at the bottom but it was constantly happening to the point where I was so frustrated, I put it on my desk and left it.

Lastly, this one is minor compared to being impaled with pieces of glass or swimming in your e-juice but the tank’s child proof lock is fiddly and sometimes completely unresponsive. For some reason, you can literally screw this top non-stop and it won’t come off.

Quick Pros

- 5000 mAh battery
- Top Fill Tank
- Cool, Smooth Flavor
- Sleek all in 1 design
- Cheap replacement glass and coils
- Tank pulls apart for easy cleaning

Quick Cons

- Leaks like the Titantic constantly
- Child Proof cap is also Adult proof
- The Glass on the tank will shatter if you aren’t careful taking it off
- If you take the tank off without draining the liquid, due to the design, it will spill juice everywhere

Quick Conclusion

Personally I wouldn’t recommend this device in it’s current form. It has a fantastic vape but too many problems to overlook. I like the battery life and top fill capability but cannot stand the leaking. Unless you are an extremely careful user, you will lose a significant amount of your juice frequently due to the leaking. I would absolutely be interested to try the next version of this device if they can come up with a leak proof design that actually works because when it does work, this kit is great.

Quick Score

5/10 (Improvements need to be made on the design but the vape is great)

Quick Disclaimer

I bought this device with my own money, it was not provided as a sample and as such I am completely unbiased. I hope that my quick and no nonsense approach will be welcomed in the community and I look forward to any criticisms & feedback on my review.

Just a quick update

Since I wrote this review, I decided to give it another chance at redemption. I've loaded it up with a brand new coil and been vaping it all day.

I have to say, I am thoroughly impressed with the vape this thing gives off. It's ridiculous.

However, she still leaks quite significantly.

It is a very pleasurable vape experience though, I actually really enjoy the DTL hit it gives.

VU Sponsors