Arachnid mod yay or nay?

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I already have a king mod and was planning to use it with the Atlantis tank, then, I read the reviews in the DOGE, tried it at a local shop, liked it, so now I want another mod....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Bungle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Apparently vaping is a pastime in which you never have enough gear or flavors... but you have your go-to favorites.

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As a musician we tend to be unsatisfied with the amount of gear that we have guitar effects pedal's etc. we call it the disease, I think we could call this the same thing I guess

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's running roughly at 27 with my atlantis and the converter says 97 with my DOGE? I don't think it's right...

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Err, the King is a mech..it only holds a battery and an atomizer. The watts involved depend on yer topper and it's resistance and the volts coming out of your battery.

Here are some calculators for Ohms Law and stuff: http://www.steam-engine.org/

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's with the Doge.

2e1d3873675df81e8fd2223528a58256.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well yeah, a 0.14 build will do that...eep...

If you had a fully charged battery at 4.2v, even when including leg loss, vDrop, battery sag and such, it is still a hell of a lot of power.

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My concerns are burning my hand and killing my batteries. Would the VTC4's from Sony help at all? Or do I just need a different mod? Currently using the king v2 I think.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@floresroach I hope you are running some high drain (30 amp) batteries. With a .14 ohm build and a fresh battery you are pulling 30 amps at 126 watts. If you arent running 30+ amp batteries this could be very bad. As for burning your hands, running Sub Ohm builds a mod should get warm but NOT HOT. If it is getting that hot you may have a connection or switch problem. Running a low build like .14 you are going to go through batteries really fast. If you are looking for longer battery life you can goto a higher build or look into a regulated mod with more batteries to help with a longer vape time.

Hope this helps and vape safe.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Might as well just get a 150W regulated mod.

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Might as well just get a 150W regulated mod.
Who makes something like that? I feel it's something to look into, as far as a regulated MOD not sure I have the cash for something like an IPV... Would there be a more affordable alternative to the regulated MOD route?

VU Sponsors