Become a Patron!

Ar mod leaking?

GruntedVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys I have an ar mod with efest 2000mah imr 3.7 volt batters and a kanger pro tank 2. It works for a little then I experience leakage from the tank at the bottom and the mod won't work correctly. Barely any vapor. If I put this tank on my x6 it works fine. And I think these batts drain quick. Could the tank get too tight on the ar?

GruntedVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also get liquid through my tank as I'm pulling. Idfk wasssup with it. I'm thinking to coils are too heavy gauged maybe?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Use your protank at a higher voltage, say 4.3 volts. Get a VV/VW mod, or just get an iStick 20 watt mod. Make sure the seals are good and tight. Sounds like you're flooding it because of not enough heat (voltage) to vaporize the eliquid. You also might have a crap coil head. Buy some that are 1.5 Ohm, that might help.

GruntedVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My x6 is variable and I use it at the highest setting which is probably why it works so well, and idk what my ar is. Could I get higher volt batteries and it'll be good for my ar?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Clean the connector on the AR...when juice gets built up on the pin, it will not fire correctly. This is why your atty fires on other devices.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yea a protank and high ohm coils really might not be the best to use on a mech mod.. not putting out enough power

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My x6 is variable and I use it at the highest setting which is probably why it works so well, and idk what my ar is. Could I get higher volt batteries and it'll be good for my ar?

The lithium batteries are the same voltage. Your AR mod is purely mechanical, meaning that as the battery gets used, the voltage drops and the vape quality decreases. With a regulated mod you set the voltage or wattage and it remains constant while the battery drains due to the electronics regulating the output voltage.

You can either get 1.5 ohm coil heads for a hotter vape on the AR mod, or use the X6. I'd seriously look at getting a variable wattage device, that way you just find the right wattage and vape you like and go from there. Mechanicals are best suited to rebuildable drippers and rebuildable tank atomizers because you can fire ohm loads below 1 ohm. If you want to stick with protanks and the like, look at getting a mod such as the iStick, Sigelei 20Watt tube mod, or a Vamo V5. The Sigelei and Vamo use the 18650 like your AR mod, the iStick has a built in LiPO battery 2200mah.

GruntedVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks guys for all the input. ive been fooling with it, and all of a sudden; no leaking, no bubbling, no issues. i had taken it all apart, cleaned it all out, and recharged the batt thinking it was dead(wasnt) started vaping again and no issues. not sure what the flip happened.

VU Sponsors