Become a Patron!

April challenge! Picture this Challenge( 13 prizes available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nothing special here, just my breakfast and my vape.

BbX3Ee8.jpg

Been overcast and raining for days, and will continue to be all week. So, this is about as colorful as it gets ATM. ;)

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone else have trouble viewing 16:9 photos on their phone? My browser always cuts part off...

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Late night shot with the $1.50 Canon, now that it has a new CR2 battery and doesn't think it's 1980 anymore. :D

IMG-0267.jpg

Just using ambient light and my 1980s touch lamp. Yes, it's super-orange, but it's a nice dreamy sort of light. Shot hand-held.
That isn't really a highlight blowout in the reflection on the brass base, it's the lightbulb. The wriggly things are the glass-work's framings.

Here's some perspective so it makes more sense..lol...
Pic from farther back, un-edited except for a resize.
IMG_0268.JPG

I had refilled my Conqueror RTA and wrangled the Wye into using SS-TC in TCR mode with it. Not bad. :)

Specs:
  • Model Canon PowerShot A520
  • Exposure Time 5/10s
  • Aperture ƒ/4
  • Focal Length 5.8125mm
  • Resolution Unit inches
  • Color Space sRGB
  • Orientation Horizontal (normal)
  • Scene Capture Type Standard
  • Exposure Mode Auto
  • Flash Off, Did not fire
  • White Balance Auto

Minor crop/adjust stuff done in DPP 4, no filters.

Last edited:

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Taken with my s9. In the car driving home I realized I take too many pods and squonks with me just in case. The first picture was taken out of boredom. When you're the passenger going across a 24 mile bridge you tend to get a bit loopy lol. Vapes turned up everywhere.
glovecompartment.jpg

theyreeverywhere.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thursdays are hair cut days for the boys..
Taken on my s8...#projecticanseemyself
dea94584f86c6a619d1c33bb164ecc54.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Big Tymers. Last time I got a hair cut the stylist looked in the computer and it was 8 months from the last. She's gorgeous, I need to get a cut more often. But you know, being married and all.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Taken with my s9. In the car driving home I realized I take too many pods and squonks with me just in case. The first picture was taken out of boredom. When you're the passenger going across a 24 mile bridge you tend to get a bit loopy lol. Vapes turned up everywhere.
View attachment 135765

View attachment 135766

Would love to see the cop who stops and frisk you and having to smell each of those for contraband and you try to explain you are just a run of the mill vape fiend. If that cop didnt vape, he wouldnt understand. A vaper would. Cup holders are meant to be filled with vapes.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Big Tymers. Last time I got a hair cut the stylist looked in the computer and it was 8 months from the last. She's gorgeous, I need to get a cut more often. But you know, being married and all.

Or you can just shave it all off. My barber told me to fire her. Same lady cut my hair for over 30 years, said my sad hair situation wasnt worth paying to get cut.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every thursday bro...5:30. Wanna kill me...there youll find me. Like clockwork..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i used to keep my head shaved until about a year ago

being older, and fatter now, it is just not a good look

the hairdresser doesn't even say "would you like your ears trimmed?" just "geez, better get that ear hair now"

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
View attachment 135790 View attachment 135791
Old phone, dirty lense. Was trying to get the filtered light through the banyan trees. Ended up kind of white washed.
My wife cuts what's left of my hair. Waste of money to go to a barber....
I love those Banyan trees. I've been told they'll grow in Louisiana but I can never get a start or sapling. Pic is cool. Had to really look to find the vape. Its like the tree wants that vape for its own!

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love those Banyan trees. I've been told they'll grow in Louisiana but I can never get a start or sapling. Pic is cool. Had to really look to find the vape. Its like the tree wants that vape for its own!
I do too. There are some crazy big patches of them down here. Those roots grow over, around, and through anything. They are really cool.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
A Vape Fan Cigar
upload_2019-4-11_20-3-35.png

Old Galaxie Camera 2 running android 4.1
Has aperture/iso/etc settings but not versed in those, used Rich Tone HDR
Amber wash from a nearby lamp.
Camera in reflection.
Cropped in Word.
Swis Pod

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi guys do these count i wasnt sire how to share them from my gram.
38739f05c2cef2836f77aa18b6ad77d2.jpg
aa2b807db363cbd51cdda7454c166c2e.jpg

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Intended to just take a snap of my Ghoul RDA using it's supplied 510 adapter, which is super nifty. It's just a tiny plastic ring that disappears. Using a fave old clear acrylic DT.

But, Tiki decided to photo-bomb and I liked the way it looked.
Still using the $1.50 Canon A520. I'm really liking that little old thing. :)

Gyy5a9r.jpg

DId a one-click monochrome conversion in DPP because it seemed fitting, nothing too fancy.

Last edited:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Intended to just take a snap of my Ghoul RDA using it's supplied 510 adapter, which is super nifty. It's just a tiny plastic ring that disappears.
But Tiki decided to photo-bomb and I liked the way it looked. :).

Gyy5a9r.jpg
Nice shot

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Sorry i just seen original photos i thought that ment orginally shots that you took yourself. I took those but lmk what i can come up with thanks for the quick reply

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

You can come up with something brother. Take a picture for the challenge. Make it a good one.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Intended to just take a snap of my Ghoul RDA using it's supplied 510 adapter, which is super nifty. It's just a tiny plastic ring that disappears. Using a fave old clear acrylic DT.

But, Tiki decided to photo-bomb and I liked the way it looked.
Still using the $1.50 Canon A520. I'm really liking that little old thing. :)

Gyy5a9r.jpg

DId a one-click monochrome conversion in DPP because it seemed fitting, nothing too fancy.

Nothing wrong with a cheap camera dude. I have a bunch of antique medium and large format bellows cameras I have converted to take f mount lenses. Some of them create interesting images and some of them wonderful.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A Canon taking a shot of another Canon taking a shot of another Canon. ;)
IMG_5340.jpg

I was carrying 'em all out to the kitchen to change batteries and had the idea of compiling this shot.

(G10 >> A520 >> A530 with Classique wood mod)

FWIW: in case nobody believes those oldie cameras really were $1.50/each.
IMG_5344.jpg

There was a 50% off sale, so half-off the thrift store's sticker prices. I about shit when I saw them in the bin with all the ancient 110 film cameras and other stuff.

And they both work. :cool:

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nothing wrong with a cheap camera dude. I have a bunch of antique medium and large format bellows cameras I have converted to take f mount lenses. Some of them create interesting images and some of them wonderful.

Hell yeah. :)

IDK, for some reason I'm actually liking the older A520 4MP over the slightly newer 5MP A530.

It just feels better, more solid somehow and is smaller. Still rocks for it's age. My A720IS kicks both of their asses, OFC, but it has a busted battery door latch I haven't gotten around to fixing. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors