Become a Patron!

April challenge! Picture this Challenge( 13 prizes available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Waiting for a bus silliness
S9+

498de59be61834e1ea25f362a7337eca.jpg

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
ART-MDX-SuperMacro-2048x.jpg
Redneck Macro. This is an MDX tube for a super macro shot. Nikon D810, 24-85mm @85mm on Macro with a cheap magnifying glass in front of the lens. It is lit by standard overhead lighting and more about texture and cheap tricks than anything.

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I swear he didn't really vape! Taken with s9 while Neelix messed up my pods. I didn't put that pod there. It just happened .

neelixvape.jpg We got home today from my parents house and as I laid out a bunch of pods to check and or fill, Neelix sauntered over and sat on them messing up my neat organized lines. I quickly grabbed my s9 and snapped a pic of the Lord of the Pods!
neelixnpods4.jpg

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Topical pic, with a tough game and tough lighting via a 2009 LCD-HDTV. :D
(Yup, my TV stand is a 2003-era XPS P4 gaming tower, in blue. It still runs.)

IMG_0266.JPG

Just simple crop/adjust in DPP v4. I could've made the WB/lighting better in the software, but didn't.
I like how the ref appears to be standing on the scores..that was a one-in-million lucky shot...hehe.

Specs:
File Name IMG_0266.JPG
File Size 667.1KB
Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot A520
Shooting Date/Time 3/8/2019 7:49:55 PM
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Photo Effect Off
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/20
Av (Aperture Value) 2.6
Light Metering Evaluative
Exposure Compensation -1/3
ISO Speed 100
Lens 5.8 - 23.2mm
Focal Length 5.8mm
Digital Zoom None
Image Size 2272x1704
Image Quality Fine
Flash Off
White Balance Auto
AF Mode Single AF
Color Space sRGB
Drive Mode Single Shot
Owner's Name
Comment

Last edited:

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Taken with my s9. A Remembrance tree in honor of my brother Christopher. RIP Chris. I started using my Aleader bHive again and thought it was appropriate. 1st shot is the small tree and vape at base. 2nd shot was a hand check next to the only clump of leaves left alive. I miss my brother.

remembrancetreesquonk24.jpg

christreesquonk6.jpg

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
A6591069-846D-4DF3-8AE6-D20F226092DB.jpeg

took this using a light box to diffuse the light source

Have 2 lights with orange filters on to give it a more natural light exposure one each side

just a phone shot (iPhone 8 plus) but used a mount to steady the camera

Have a wood block underneath

Light editing on the phone itself to crop the image and bring out the grain a little better

Basic 1.1 RDA on The Furyan (disassembled and brass areas cleaned up with Wright’s copper cream)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 135621

took this using a light box to diffuse the light source

Have 2 lights with orange filters on to give it a more natural light exposure one each side

just a phone shot (iPhone 8 plus) but used a mount to steady the camera

Have a wood block underneath

Light editing on the phone itself to crop the image and bring out the grain a little better

Basic 1.1 RDA on The Furyan (disassembled and brass areas cleaned up with Wright’s copper cream)
Damn that's a sexy mod. Mine never looked that good

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to post one of my favorite setups out of anything I have. I say one of because I have two Feedlinks with Drop Solos. I just installed a new N80 framed alien and I'm still breaking it in. I put it on an orange pencil box (full of building tools & cotton) for contrast. I didn't wipe anything off on purpose. All the magic happens inside that 22mm circular chamber.

*Taken with my 2 or 3 year old camera phone (natural lighting)-
0409191354-1.jpg

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Damn that's a sexy mod. Mine never looked that good

Haha ..doesn’t stay looking that nice for long brass areas grub up quickly, patina cleaning work don’t know how tube lovers do it every week ...mind you it’s quite therapeutic polishing my tube :giggle:

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'm going to post one of my favorite setups out of anything I have. I say one of because I have two Feedlinks with Drop Solos. I just installed a new N80 framed alien and I'm still breaking it in. I put it on an orange pencil box (full of building tools & cotton) for contrast. I didn't wipe anything off on purpose. All the magic happens inside that 22mm circular chamber.

*Taken with my 2 or three year old camera phone-
View attachment 135623

Nice shot what did you take the pic with JF? Is lighting natural? amazing to get that much detail on the coil from that high up

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha ..doesn’t stay looking that nice for long brass areas grub up quickly, patina cleaning work don’t know how tube lovers do it every week ...mind you it’s quite therapeutic polishing a my tube :giggle:
Are you supposed to do it every week? Lol did you see the xxx I sold gsmit? That thing was 20yr old looking. Lol

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Taken Discreetly in a In and Out Burgers....The mod is hidden somewhere......

Read the yellow neon sign.... And Pay attention to the cashier with glasses (his eyes).....

e41223dc24a8cbb6c22b3c35a77d1bce.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Lmao..like the right cheek sneak

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Taken Discreetly in a In and Out Burgers....The mod is hidden somewhere......

Read the yellow neon sign.... And Pay attention to the cashier with glasses (his eyes).....

e41223dc24a8cbb6c22b3c35a77d1bce.jpg

This was not taken for the purpose of this challenge. You have posted this elsewhere on the forum.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This was not taken for the purpose of this challenge. You have posted this elsewhere on the forum.
I wasn't aware I could not post images that were posted in Vaping Underground....... Thanks.....

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I put another picture in it's place..... I wasn't aware that a picture posted on VU could not be used.......

30ea649b5d4929ca19527ea27daec9eb.jpg
All of the rules and guidelines are in post number 1.
While On the subject: each photo is supposed to have an explanation of the shot, how it was taken and it’s inspiration for it to be eligible.
#justsaynotoStalking

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was outside for a while and felt like taking some shots. I thought it would be pretty to get a photo looking upwards at the bottom or a tree. Again I just used my phone to take snaps. The shots I like the most aren't what I had in mind but turned out okay.
NmrXjHBr.jpg

That one was my favorite because the needles were in focus. Here's another similar pic but close objects are out of focus.
UcDMTOsr.jpg

This is what I thought would make a great photo but I dunno. It's an old poplar tree that just got through the winter. I wanted my squonk in another position but it wasn't going to stay put.
r70tUwSr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors