Become a Patron!

Apologist for the SMOK XPRO M80

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apologist: a person who offers an argument in defense of something controversial.

Okay, I've promoted the M80 in the past. Some others have bashed it. A video of the M80 failing the dry burn test suggests death to its credibility. Yet here is a video showing it passing the dry burn test. So is the M80 DOA?
The video describes the M80 shutting down when it reaches temperature. This is true with mine (the first run v0004, non-upgraded). I am able to work with this shut-off feature, and achieve a decent hit. Others have not been able to deal with it, and have written off the M80. Also, I have not run mine above 30 watts. Maybe that makes a difference. I set mine at 430 degrees and 25 watts (RIP Trippers suggested setting for high VG juice). Then I press the button, blow gently into the drip tip until I see a puff of steam, then I take a heavy draw until the display dims (that means temperature has been reached, and that the power has shut down). By the time that happens, I have a full draw. If I do more draws one after the other, the quality of the hit increases as the coil warms up.
Conclusion: Work with the M80 and you will find that it is NOT junk!! Would I recommend buying one? No. Because I don't want to be blamed if you have bad luck with yours.

VU Sponsors