Become a Patron!

APIWATW Challenge- Closes 01/31/2019 (15 Prizes Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh god.. well you can't vape pure glycerin and the vanilla flavor contains phosphoric acid.

that coil is also not suitable for any build much less this monstrosity

the top cap for that "atomizer" is made out of plastic garden hose and will most likely have you breathing in more chemicals than a cancer stick.

The exposed wires on the housing connected to that coil will most likely electrocute you.

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
oh god.. well you can't vape pure glycerin or that vanilla flavor

List format on this one please. There is nothing right with this challenge at all, everything is wrong. Create a fun list and list them out. We will choose the best ones for the roll, this is to end the challenge with a fun one full of nonsense.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
List format on this one please. There is nothing right with this challenge at all, everything is wrong. Create a fun list and list them out. We will choose the best ones for the roll, this is to end the challenge with a fun one full of nonsense.
That's what i'm doing and just going back and editing it. That's just how my mind works.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
@88ArDeN88 ......There was a pic somewhere from Screwball ...the final one on #17 was battery orientation ...vent holes are on the negative end of the contact there ...but battery goes positive side in first

when the battery vented it punched through the side of the mod near the top end ...:)

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
not sure how to delete the first post so here it is
oh god..1. well you can't vape pure glycerin and the vanilla flavor contains phosphoric acid.

2. that coil design is also not suitable for any build much less this monstrosity

3. the top cap for that "atomizer" is made out of plastic garden hose and will most likely have you breathing in more chemicals than a cancer stick.

4. The exposed wires on the housing connected to that coil will most likely electrocute you.

5. Duct tape and electrical tape is not sufficient to create proper contact at any of the points in this “circuit”

6. That isn’t a battery suitable for vaping it looks to be a portable phone charger cell.

7. The housing for the wires that connect directly to the coil is made out of plastic and will probably melt.

8. With the high strain on the “battery” and the duct tape wrapped around it could very easily cause overheating and extra strain on the “battery”

9. That fire button is not protected by a mosfet so it might not be able to handle the current.

10. The gauge of the coils is insufficient and it is also up against the housing of the “atomizer” and will short the whole mod out.

I'm done. My brain hurts. I want to thank @jwill , @KingPin! and everyone else. you guys have taught me a ton about vaping safety with this whole challenge.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:sarcasm:

It's shit...et al

:nothingtoadd:
APIWATW Episode 1- Finale Edition

View attachment 130259
View attachment 130260 View attachment 130261 View attachment 130262 View attachment 130263 View attachment 130264 View attachment 130265

Build info- 100% DIY Shit Show
Issues- Everything
Subjective- Everything

Lets see everyone list this out in terms of issues. Cant wait to explain this train wreck. List them out 1-XX (like all the other ones) and describe them how you will. We will pick the best ones for the roll.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I'm done. My brain hurts. I want to thank @jwill , @KingPin! and everyone else. you guys have taught me a ton about vaping safety with this whole challenge.

Thanks for the kind words dude. This was a whole team of folks + all of you folks. This last one should be a train wreck so please stick around.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I mean the most important thing I learned here is that I might be a brony. Even if I blow my hand off using that boomstick mod right there, I'll have my brony community to support me.

Bronys are the modern equivalent of a boy named Sue. Gotta be tough to be a Brony.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Also before everyone goes shit talking my product line, this is a new line of pod products called Dumpster Fire Mods I am coming out with next month. Fully FDA compliant and Big Tobacco endorsed. This is the very first FDA approved design. Safety and satisfaction all in one package.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Also before everyone goes shit talking my product line, this is a new line of pod products called Dumpster Fire Mods I am coming out with next month. Fully FDA compliant and Big Tobacco endorsed. This is the very first FDA approved design. Safety and satisfaction all in one package.

OMG!!! :giggle::kickbutt::headbang:<3:cloud::bomb:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Looks like the person holding that monster already got their thumb burnt.

Alternatively, looks like something a bunch of guys in prison would cobble together. Don't they say that necessity is the mother of invention? Or destruction? Or nuclear detonation?

I don't know what I'm looking at, but I'd be terrified to even touch it.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Looks like the person holding that monster already got their thumb burnt.

Alternatively, looks like something a bunch of guys in prison would cobble together. Don't they say that necessity is the mother of invention? Or destruction? Or nuclear detonation?

I don't know what I'm looking at, but I'd be terrified to even touch it.

Thats a beautiful thumb and most of it works. The part that doesnt is a reminder to pay attention for the parts that do.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
She must trust you A LOT. :inlove:

Thats a dudes thumb. If I handed that to my wife she would look at me like I was stupid, wonder if I was trying to kill her and then put it under my pillow while Im sleeping with a note that says try harder.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
already mentioned but
You cant use cooking Vanilla extract as flavorings used in e-juice.
It is alcohol based vs propylene glycol based and contains things you do not want to ever inhale.
Never use flavorings from the grocery store in making e-juice.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Coil looks likely it'll short with the deck/well

You can assume this is a complete failure at life. Everything about it is garbage and unsafe. Just have fun with it and trash it to your hearts content. If y'all would rather have a real one for a final hoorah, speak up. I will put one together right now and we can go out troubleshooting.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Can you prove this? Would you be WILLING to do a video? LOL

I wouldn't vape that.

Depending on the plastic being used for the cap it has the potential to create hydrochloric gas or hydrogen cyanide gas when heated. Also the brass fitting is likely coated with some sort of chemical to keep it from tarnishing. Pretty sure that is not safe for vaping either.

While I believe this to be a portable, single cell battery charger wrapped in duct tape, which would lead me to believe it has some kind of short protection which would prevent it from working on hard short, I dont trust the coil build and that it is a coil suitable for vaping.

This is some doomsday shit. This is something one of us would create after a nuclear bomb went off and we were hard up for a vape and separated from our vapeocalypse stash. Then and only then would I vape this.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
We will be closing this challenge in about 2 hours. If you want to get in on the final roll, its ride or die time. We will be closing and rolling tonight.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can assume this is a complete failure at life. Everything about it is garbage and unsafe. Just have fun with it and trash it to your hearts content. If y'all would rather have a real one for a final hoorah, speak up. I will put one together right now and we can go out troubleshooting.
I sent you one the other day. Was pretty much a repeat of my others. Lol

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Comments are worth a read also and a good reminder there are some people lined up for Darwin awards.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Alrighty, drum roll please.

Winners have been selected and prizes awarded. Please be certain to patron our challenge sponsors as they were kind enough to provide prizes.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Roll 1-3

Wotofo

Wotofo are kindly offering 3 individual prize packs for our community. Each pack includes the following products

1x Serpent Elevate RTA
https://www.wotofo.com/collections/rta/products/wotofo-serpent-elevate-rta#

9559456a-2050-40a9-a279-b83e1611cec2-jpeg.128194

1x Pack framed staple coils
https://www.wotofo.com/collections/wires/products/wotofo-framed-staple-clapton-prebuilt-coils-10pcs

1 x Agleted Organic Cotton
https://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-agleted-organic-cotton.html

Please PM @WotofoOfficial to arrange free shipping “quote picture challenge”.You will need to provide shipping information including name, full address (including country), contact number and email for tracking purposes

Prize Winners Roll 1-3
1. @MrMeowgi
2. @Just Frank
3. @choderfett

Congrats Winners and Thank You to @WotofoOfficial for sponsoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors