Anyone Vape after a heart attack?

Discussion in 'Vaping Health Related' started by Blazel78, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Blazel78

Blazel78 Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I know that's a weird question. But I have a friend who's like a father to me. He recently had a major heart attack. He was a pipe smoker for 40 ish years and he just quit cold turkey. He's been asking me if I think he can vape and I can't really give him a straight answer. I'm thinking I can mix him up something 0mg and give him an easy to use starter kit and it wouldn't hurt him. But I'd be crushed if anything happened to him. So here's my question. Has anyone in this group survived a heart attack or similar problem and continue to vape afterwards? I know that's a very morbid question. But I'm seriously trying to help someone. I really care about this man.

JuicyLucy likes this.
  2. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I really cannot say and expect that VERY few medical professionals could or would either.
    Just not much real data on that kind of thing and vaping.

Smoky Blue likes this.
  3. Blazel78

Blog Posts:
    I understand that. I couldn't really find much on a Google search that's why I came here. Maybe there's a chance someone had some experience with this problem

Smoky Blue likes this.
  4. Smoky Blue

Smoky Blue VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I agree too..

I can see zero nic.. but as far as anything else, I wouldn't.
    Most pipe smokers go for the taste feel and smell anyways..

PoppaVic and Blazel78 like this.
  5. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:

No experience but nicotine does raise your blood pressure a touch, and being the fact he just had a heart attack, skip the nic.

Blazel78 likes this.
  6. Blazel78

Blog Posts:
    That's exactly what I was thinking. It was mostly for the flavor. Skip the nicotine and use as little ingredients as possible. I'll probably do a search on all the individual ingredients and see if I come up with anything

7. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:
    flavorah has the best pipe and tobacco flavors, so reach out to them or talk with a reseller :)

Blazel78 likes this.
  8. Theboss

Theboss Silver Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    While I was still a member over on ECF this same question came up and there were a few people who replied that they had switched to vaping after a heart attack. It's probably important to take into consideration that nicotine has cardiovascular effects. I am not a health professional and this is probably a conversation your friend would want to have with his cardiologist.

If it's the hand to mouth addiction he's struggling with, maybe your 0 nic idea would be worth trying.

Blazel78 likes this.
  9. Blazel78

Blog Posts:
    Thank you! The first time he asked me I told him to ask his doctor what the doctor thought and if he got the ok I would put something together for him

Theboss likes this.
  10. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    If there is ANY lung congestion at all I would steer clear of vaping...
    Otherwise 0 nic may be fine... may...

also maybe 50/50 PG/VG as high VG causes some lung congestion in some people like myself.

Disclaimer: I have never played a DR on TV nor stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Blazel78 and Theboss like this.
  11. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I know there are VU members who switched to vaping after heart attacks, open heart surgery, just can't remember who off the top of my head

Blazel78 and The Cromwell like this.
  12. Blazel78

Blog Posts:
    Thank you @JuicyLucy that is exactly why I posted this here. Hopefully one of them sees it and replies.

13. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    That's what I'm hoping

Your friend might want to look into 0 nic NETs, it has a lot of what tobacco lovers crave but in minuscule amounts

If he has truly gone cold turkey from the pipe, vaping pipe tobacco NET could very well give him what he needs

Blazel78 and Theboss like this.
  14. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    I know @chopdoc knows a thing or two about heart problems and vaping

Blazel78 likes this.