Become a Patron!

Anyone use or recommend the Voidhawk batteries?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im going to get my first mech mod here next weekend, and don't want to skimp on the batteries one bit, I tend to go overkill on this kind of thing....ocd much....Well anyways, I found a battery that is used a lot in high end equipment, and wondered if anyone has used them in the vape world yet. Are they good, are they worth it?

http://voidhawkflashlights.com/prod...ed-run-time/?gclid=CMGzwsrh-L8CFcI7MgoddR8AhA

3400-186503-350x250.jpg

bobby.q

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just get Sony vtc5 30a

Don't get the voidhawks

PCB Excess current threshold (IEC):7 A
PCB Maximum Pulse Current:5.2 A
PCB Maximum Continuous Current:3.5A

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i think the thing that attracted me about the voidhawks, is that they claim you can never over charge, over discharge or short circuit their batteries. They match the sonys on all the test data and cost 50 bux for four of them. Ill do some more lookin into the sony. Thanks my man.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Im going to get my first mech mod here next weekend, and don't want to skimp on the batteries one bit, I tend to go overkill on this kind of thing....ocd much....Well anyways, I found a battery that is used a lot in high end equipment, and wondered if anyone has used them in the vape world yet. Are they good, are they worth it?

http://voidhawkflashlights.com/prod...ed-run-time/?gclid=CMGzwsrh-L8CFcI7MgoddR8AhA

3400-186503-350x250.jpg
Those are just some kind of relabeled batteries there are not that many battery manufacturers Yeah as Celtic Fog suggested get the Sony VTC5's they are rock solid and you do not want protected cells for mods man that 3400mah rating is a protected cell you want IMR or hybrid IMR like the Sony the other alternative are the LG 35a's they are great batteries as well I have both and cannot notice any difference in longevity on a Mech or DNA etc :)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
they are definitely Not relabeled batteries, they are one of a very small few who are made directly for this company, and the voidhawk company is a brand that has won a few military and police contracts lately. Can you tell me why I wouldn't want to use protected batteries in a mechanical mod?I know you don't want to use protected batteries with VW VV style or with a kick, I don't plan on putting a kick in it, nor do i plan on going sub ohm,(i want to stay with coils at around .8 to 1.2) as far as Sony, i see so many complaints on counterfeit and recycled out there, it worries me. I just want to make sure I don't melt down the mod or the house...Thanks for you help guys.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The thing about protected batterys is that if you fry the board you are out a battery . And there a bit longer.
Anyone know if the protection will reset on these batterys or if once setoff the battery is usless untill you remove the pcb ?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
supposedly you cant short it or fry it, they say they are guaranteed...sounds good, in theory.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is on their website,

All Voidhawk™ Brand Batteries contain automatic over and under charge cut off circuitry, plus short circuit protection fusing built in for worry free operation.

You can never short-circuit, over-charge, or over-discharge a genuine Voidhawk™ Brand 3.7v 18650 Lithium-Ion Battery.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think for what the voidhawks are designed for they are probably a damn good battery.
And of course I don't believe any battery is designed for the sole purpose of vaping. Even the ones that claim to be.
But I think they won't hold up to what we as vapers put them through.
The thing about the Sonys and other reputable batteries in the vape game is that they are tried and tested by vapers. The batteries that we see being mentioned often like the vtc4 and vtc5 and others are known to hold up to what we put them through.
I personally would not use the voidhawk.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fishee, who on here does good video reviews, I might want to send a pair to someone for them to do a good review on video for them.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I just did a search and there is a lot of info on VH flashights but not so much on the batteries.

I would have thought that Candlepower Forum would have shown up but no joy.

I would wait but I am a well know "Woos" and like to see a lot of great reviews before grabbing my credit card.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fishee, who on here does good video reviews, I might want to send a pair to someone for them to do a good review on video for them.
Honestly I don't know. :(
I'm interesting in learning a bit more about the battery too.
The only review I seen is on the flashlight itself. Basically like UncleRJ was saying. Lots of info on flashlight next to nothing on the battery.
The thing about the world of vaping is that news travels pretty damn fast. And if these batteries were the bee's knees, the cat's meow, then I think we would have heard about them by now. That's not to say that you didn't happen to stubble upon an unknown in the vape show. But I think it comes down to what a battery is rated at and I don't see the Voidhawks ratings being up to par.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
they just formed the company for sales to the public, they were sold to private sector for a few years and now sell openly to the public.

and as far as the word would have traveled, I think the double standard probably applies here, people stick to what the crowd talks about, until the new thang shows up. I think im going to order a pair and find a reviewer to send to. Gonna hit the video review board for someone who might be interested in trying them.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Fishee, your good people.

Celtic like with all vape gear to each his own but at a full charge 4.2 volts on a mech your putting out 5.25 amps which is over your max pulse. The battery has a protection circuit that if im guessing correctly will act like a fuse and cut the circuit for a mount of time or temp which is great when it comes to safety but the IMRs out on the market like the vtc5 have a higher amp limit some up to 30amps or more if pulse so you wouldn't be close to the 5s limits with a lot more play.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the max pulse on them is supposed to be 5.25A and the with max constant currant at 3.5 and the threshold is at 7A. This would shut down my hits after a few seconds then right?...Im new to the battery math, so sorry If im slower than normal on my understanding, thanks cruze.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i see sony has 10a on their constant current, is this what is allowing for longer run time , or is this what allows for higher wattage for the cookin of the juices?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im finding different ratings on the same Mah for sony, some say 10 and others say up to 30A for continues....what is a good site for battery specs?

ah, i see they sell them rated at different ams....

Last edited:

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Smokie just did a review on these

I spent a few days on the phone with these guys and had gotten them to donate some to the forum for testing , I sent them out to five different people including Mr.Smokie, everyone seems to like them for the lower watt regulated mods. And they loved them for their flashlights too! lol. Thanks Voidhawk for hooking us up!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the max pulse on them is supposed to be 5.25A and the with max constant currant at 3.5 and the threshold is at 7A. This would shut down my hits after a few seconds then right?...Im new to the battery math, so sorry If im slower than normal on my understanding, thanks cruze.
Exactly bro that was why I mentioned this issue... a Good place to look is the Flashlight guys they test most of the batteries some of those guys are nutz more OCD then us.. Once I awaken from my cave I will try to find specs which ones do you need? for the sonys ?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
my next mod i want to get is the 100w sigelei so I'm thinking the efest or the sony is the way to go for them. I plan on using the voidhawk if i get a 15w tube style regulated for my lady though.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
my next mod i want to get is the 100w sigelei so I'm thinking the efest or the sony is the way to go for them. I plan on using the voidhawk if i get a 15w tube style regulated for my lady though.
Hey bro since the Sony VTC5's are in short supply get them now remember the Efest 35A are relabeled LG HE 35A so which ever is cheaper another alternative are the new IMREN 38A they are made by IMREN in China they bought intellectual property from a several of the Japanese
I would suggest the Sonys if you can find them then the LG 35A I am still testing the IMREN but so far they are the winner of the 3 in longevity and I am not playing nice with them either hope that helps...

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most hate me haha I'm loved my a man :) haga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I try to help those that can be helped I do not hip shoot and I do not say "Well I use this" to confuse people more... most hate this because they despise people that are research experts and have high level of education.. but whatever they can "Suck my Kiss"

VU Sponsors