Become a Patron!

Anyone tried using Tesla Model S 18650 cells for setup?

Dexenthes

Unlisted Vendor
Hi everyone,

We were curious to hear if anyone has tried using Tesla MS cells for a vape setup. My friend and I managed to remove them from a battery module and test them out on our own vapes. Like the model S, the cells are capable of Supercharging at 2A (50% charge in 20 mins, ~100% charge in an hour). The cells handled a 10A discharge cycle quite well (we lowered the Amp draw to 3A for 60 seconds to let the cells cool down a bit).

We've removed the rest of the cells and added shrink wrap and terminal washers.
We put them up here, if anyone is interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/112268329973

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To make sure I am understanding this correctly:
You are selling used rewrapped Panasonic 10 amp batteries for $11.89 per pair?
Is that correct?

Dexenthes

Unlisted Vendor
No, the cells are originally designed and manufactured by Tesla, with the cell components supplied by Panasonic. They were originally in a 2013 Model S battery module, but we removed the individual cells. They've gone through roughly 2000 cycles yet still retain 85% capacity from nominal 3200 mah. They've already gone through the bulk capacity loss and should only drop 5% in capacity in the next 1000 cycles.

Meanwhile most Panasonic 18650's will loose 20% capacity within only 500 cycles.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You're selling them as refurbished? Batteries? I see the clear shrink wrap you've placed on pairs, but are you also wrapping each individual cell? Some pics posted show color wraps, but the bulk pic shows only the clear shrink wrap. Looks like "naked" cells.

BTW, moved your thread to Unlisted Vendors. Please take a moment to review the guidelines for posting. This will be the only thread you can list these, and other products in.

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...rum-info-and-unlisted-vendors-guidelines.254/

Dexenthes

Unlisted Vendor
The batteries are listed as refurbished because they came bare (without shrink wrap) from a Tesla battery Module. I removed the cells from the car casing and added shrink wrap (and terminal washers) to them. I've heard from people in the past that they would like to use Tesla MS cells for vaping, so when my friends Tesla crashed I thought I'd take out the cells from the battery and see who was interested.

VU Sponsors