Anyone tried tfa Frosted Donut?

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was browsing through the tfa flavorings at onestopdiyshop.com and saw they added Frosted Donut! Since I love sweet and bakery type vapes, I would love to try this one! I'm thinking krispy kreme, and I'm hoping its not a chocolate frosted. Only $1.65 to try a 6 mil, which goes a long way. I would imagine it could also be used to add to your recipe, maybe to sweeten and make it more like a bakery flavor?

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a 4oz bottle coming direct from TFA. It should be here by Thursday, I will try it out and let you guys know. I have heard it has a "spice" type dough flavor, like gingerbread or something, but that is just hearsay.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a 4oz bottle coming direct from TFA. It should be here by Thursday, I will try it out and let you guys know. I have heard it has a "spice" type dough flavor, like gingerbread or something, but that is just hearsay.

Hmm, I like the sound of that. Love me some ginger snaps. :)

Currently, I use the graham cheesecake crust with a dash of cinamon and clove to fake it, but that would be much easier.

Ginger is a PITA flavor to replicate, IMO.

gingerkids291.jpg

Last edited:

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alright, I got the frosted doughnut today. It isn't bad, but it's not really doughnut to me, but that may change with steeping. It tastes a bit like cinnamon danish, without a lot of cinnamon. It has a slight spicy note, maybe a little nutmeg in there. It's definitely not ginger or ginger bread to me. It is inherently sweet, but not like pure icing, like some people are suggesting that it might be. I don't detect any bread or yeast flavors, but I get a bit of cake. All in all, I will give it a thumbs up, even if it's not really doughnut. I think it will mix well with other bakery flavors, and will be good with many things. Here is how i'm going to mix it to start.

6% Frosted Doughnut (TFA)
6% Raspberry sweet (TFA)
3% Cheesecake (graham cracker crust) (TFA)
1% Lemon Sicily (FA)

I think the raspberry compliments both the cheesecake and the doughnut flavor. The cheesecake and lemon also cut some of the sweetness from the other flavors. The graham also comes through nicely here. It would probably also be nice with blueberry, blackberry, or other tart fruits. Might be good with boston cream pie (CAP) to give it some custard. Might be good with FA custard instead of Lemon Sicily. Would probably pair well with FA cookie too. Don't mind me I'm going to ramble a bit lol. Might go good with a little clove? or wintergreen, or absinthe?

2% Cookie (FA)
5% Frosted Doughnut (TFA)
Point .5% Cinnamon Cylon (FA)

Snickerdoodle? Pretty damn good whatever it is lol. Will be better tomorrow.

1% Cookie (FA)
3% frosted doughnut (TFA)
1% lemon Sicily (FA)
1% Meringue (FA)
.5% Catalan Cream (FA)

The spice in frosted doughnut plays well with other spices. (like in the catalan cream). I gotta get HIC to buy some of this stuff and experiment, I bet he could do a lot with it.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hmm, I like the sound of that. Love me some ginger snaps. :)

Currently, I use the graham cheesecake crust with a dash of cinamon and clove to fake it, but that would be much easier.

Ginger is a PITA flavor to replicate, IMO.

Caff, some tasty, tasty gingersnaps for you :): http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-moms-gingersnaps.1863/
Or you could go all-out: http://vapingunderground.com/thread...rsnaps-molasses-crinkles-lebkuchen-more.1960/

Nobody beats that NF organic Ginger - key to all great ginger stuff.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, Jgoss! I think I will have to give this one a try! I have the onestop brand baked cinnamon roll, but I am really looking for a different snickerdoodle than what I had been hooked on before. Sounds like you could actually do a million things with it. We definitely need to get HIC working on this one, too, I totally agree!

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alright, I have been mixing the hell out of this flavor for a couple days. I can't quite get it right. The flavor seems to disappear with steeping. I don't know if it's me or what, but it seems to taste better right out of the bottle. I'm going to give it a week with some of these flavors and see how it goes.

Thomas Miraglia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tasty vapor makes a frosted oatmeal cookie. Don't know if anyone's tried it. It was one of my favorite vapes but I tired of it. As a standalone this tastes real close to that. Maybe a little tweaking and it would be a direct clone.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ya it taste nothing like a frosted doughnut , its good for a nutmeggy spice type flavor but havent come up with anything great with it yet. was going to make an eggnog with it but never got around to it.

VU Sponsors