Become a Patron!

Anyone ever use our flavorings as an extract substitute in baking?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So I'm wondering if anyone ever uses our DIY flavorings as an extract substitute in baking? I know they are designed for use in food, beverages, candy. But, I have a desert recipe that calls for Rum Extract and I haven't been able to find it in any of the stores around me... or if I did, it was a 4 oz or larger bottle and they wanted big bucks for it.

If I have Rum flavoring, could it be used as a substitute in the recipe and would the volume be 1:1?

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also not sure if rum is different but the nice lady at the bakery up the street makes these mini cheesecakes in all kinds of crazy flavors and she told me she uses flavorings from the same companies. She does have a rum one im sure of it, I could ask her but I think rons right theyre pretty much the same but likely less diluted than grocery store stuff

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ive made several cakes and muffins with the FA flavors and coffee as well. I never seem to put the right amount of flavoring and they come out not so great. if you could figure out the best way to use them oh man you could make some amazing things. Id say go easy and you will be fine if not it will be a rum a rum cake and nothing wrong with that . cake is cake mmmmmmmmmmm

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive made several cakes and muffins with the FA flavors and coffee as well. I never seem to put the right amount of flavoring and they come out not so great. if you could figure out the best way to use them oh man you could make some amazing things. Id say go easy and you will be fine if not it will be a rum a rum cake and nothing wrong with that . cake is cake mmmmmmmmmmm
Maybe dilute it or use teaspoons. OoOoO or syringe like the good ol measuring by ml days hahaha

brandon555

Member For 3 Years
Not in food, but I've used Cap Caramel and French Vanilla in my coffee and it tastes just like a flavored coffee you'd buy at the store. Doesn't take much either, 3 or 4 drops per cup is plenty imo.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think vaping em would probably be more potentially problematic than ingesting them but im no doc lol. Cooking them would get the alcohol out at least or just....Steeping of course! With the cap off in the cupboard for a few hrs!!

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny how similar vaping and cooking are though. I guess a passion for cooking makes making liquid more fun for me. I bought flavorings at a craft store to make candies for the kids and then figured out when I got home I overpaid for something I already had better versions of. Learned a lot and gained some patience doin DIY, its been a blast and quitting cigs was a turning point in my life. All these new adventures with my flavorings even aside from vaping is just a big fat bonus lol

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad someone asked the question. I have a bread machine(love the thing) and was thinking of using INW Waffle in a maple buttermilk bread recipe. I figured I'd just add drops to the water and taste it as I go until it taste right.

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This was the original purpose for all these flavorings. So yes you just have to figure out the amount to use. Directly Contact the company for more information

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Using our flavors for baking seems wasteful, unless you have some flavors that ended up being not that good for vaping.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Using our flavors for baking seems wasteful, unless you have some flavors that ended up being not that good for vaping.

That's part of why I started the other thread 6-8 weeks ago... compared to industrial purchases, and their volume discount, we pay a pretty penny for our flavors.

I had wondered if anyone had success using them in the kitchen (or for drinks/cocktails) and what sort of amounts were getting good results.
The thread didn't go so well, despite trying to explain it a couple times.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made a loaf of buttermilk maple bread using 2 short squirts of INW Waffle and it came out great. It wasn't super waffley, but brought out a nice sweetness with just a nice hint of waffle. Slapped on some apple butter I made and..... Kapow!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I made a loaf of buttermilk maple bread using 2 short squirts of INW Waffle and it came out great. It wasn't super waffley, but brought out a nice sweetness with just a nice hint of waffle. Slapped on some apple butter I made and..... Kapow!
Where's mine?? :eek:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
So I'm wondering if anyone ever uses our DIY flavorings as an extract substitute in baking? I know they are designed for use in food, beverages, candy. But, I have a desert recipe that calls for Rum Extract and I haven't been able to find it in any of the stores around me... or if I did, it was a 4 oz or larger bottle and they wanted big bucks for it.

If I have Rum flavoring, could it be used as a substitute in the recipe and would the volume be 1:1?
how did it turn out ?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
how did it turn out ?
I actually haven't done it yet... turns out I had butter rum flavoring but not regular rum :(

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking about making a flavored sugar glaze for sopapillas but the more this day goes on the lazier Im getting. maybe this evening

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that glaze was amazing..

1-1/4 cups powdered sugar
milk tablespoon at a time until you get the consistency you want
1tsp FA stark apple

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I have used my flavors.. not ejuice for:

dryer sheets
perfume
car air fresheners
house hold air sprays
and love the peppermint! < tip: summertime, put a small amount on the back of your neck and it will keep your body temp down, even on the hotter days.. it's also good to keep spiders and other critters out of your house by using it on window and door frames.

lol.. and candy, cookies, yogurt, milk shakes, tea, coffee and sports drinks.

VU Sponsors