Become a Patron!

Anyone else get a bad taste from Stainless steel coils?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's at 1300 right now. I'll try adjusting to 1500 when I get home. As far as temp goes, I was just trying to get the same hit I get in power mode. So I ended up at 580. I'll try lowering it but I think it'll just push me back to power mode.

I was really enjoying it last night. When I'm in power mode and using an rta, if I drawl on it for too long, the vape gets really hot. I was loving TC because I was able to get the hit I wanted without the temp of the vape/rta getting too hot.

I should mention all this is caused by me lowering my nic content And trying to compensate lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I set my drag at 1440. That seems right for me. Lower is just too cool. I like the charon SS316l tc also and tried the same rta in both the drag and charon.

The charon was set at 420 temp and 50 watts. That's perfect for the coil I am using. To get the same vape with the drag I set it at 1440, 471 temp and 43ish watts. I find higher watts gives me a burst of heat, faster ramp, I don't like. At lower watts the ramp is slower and the juice tastes the same in both mods.

Thought I would give a comparison and what works for me. BTW, I diy and make my own coils.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is what I was referring to. The juice is normally clear, as is the tank glass. LOL Oh, and I just put in fresh cotton yesterday.

8d79040f4becf38d71cbe1453052cd70.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I notice that on my drone I wreck my coils and cotton using it in TC mode. Every 2 days it takes a dry burn and a rewick and it makes the juice DARK dark like you are experiencing. With my mechs same juice same wire? I only change the cotton because after 4 days the coil gets black and I like to keep em clean. That or I change cotton when I change flavors BUT the cotton always stays super clean.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't run any if mine in TC, just power.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only use Sandvick brand, get zero wire taste.

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Can’t say Iv ever had a bad taste from a SS coil. There is a bit of a metallic stench on the first burn whilst oxidising but after that it’s plain sailing. TBH I can’t say I’ve noticed a difference since making the switch from Kanthal.

Sent from my Apple Newton using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors