Become a Patron!

Any way to clean Tesla Vortec coils?

I'm having problems finding topics for Tesla Vortek tanks and Tesla Two mechs since they're still sort of new (everything is coming up Kanger). Wondering if anyone can help.

My Vortek coils get kinda nasty after only a couple of days, even with 50/50 (and especially with 20/80) liquid. It's obvious there is a lot of sugar in some of the stuff I use, but even the less sweet liquids make them dark pretty quick.

I've read that soaking in a baking soda solution or denture cleaner will clean other atomizers. Just wondering if it's viable with these as well. The guy at my local store said not to bother washing them, but he gets paid to sell me more atomizers so I'm not sure how viable his advice is.

Also wondering if the gunk will contaminate fresh liquid after cleaning the tank and using the same gunked up atomizer.

Considering the nature of the beast, I don't expect sub tank coils to last all that long anyway. Just want to pinch some pennies if it's worth cleaning these.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Moving to Coils subforum. Hopefully, you'll get more feedback there.

Some people soak coils in Everclear, rinse, let dry.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Moving to Coils subforum. Hopefully, you'll get more feedback there.

Some people soak coils in Everclear, rinse, let dry.
Everclear works for me, just rinse well with water and let dry. First few draws will taste nasty but then will be fine.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors