Anubis Mech Mod

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I just recently got my Anubis in the mail and the 510 pin wasn't screwed in and was just rattling around inside the plastic covering that was on the mod. I screwed it back in but I was just wondering should it be screwed all the way in or should I leave a portion of it protruding? Probably a stupid question as I'm new to mech mods.

Cheers.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Screw the pin out, attach the atty, screw the pin in to make contact.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Screw the pin out, attach the atty, screw the pin in to make contact.

Cheers for the reply. So as I'm screwing in the atty will the pin screw in as well?

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cheers for the reply. So as I'm screwing in the atty will the pin screw in as well?
No. If the pin is all the way up, the atty might not screw all the way down. If you screw the atty all the way on, then screw the pin in, you can get a flush fit, solid contact, and avoid a lot of fiddling. Both need to be screwed in separately.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
No. If the pin is all the way up, the atty might not screw all the way down. If you screw the atty all the way on, then screw the pin in, you can get a flush fit, solid contact, and avoid a lot of fiddling. Both need to be screwed in separately.

Another stupid question: How am I supposed to adjust the pin with the atty already screwed in?

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another stupid question: How am I supposed to adjust the pin with the atty already screwed in?
Ok... I am guessing I am not as familiar with the Anubis as I thought I was (been a while since I had one). Does the oin ONLY screw in from the top? Most pins screw in from the bottom.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The screw is to adjust for Atty connection. You need to adjust the pin to make connection with the 510 pin. It does take a bit of fiddling but you'll get the hang of it. I used to hate them at first, but once I got the feel for them no big deal.

The Anubis doesn't work that way.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ok... I am guessing I am not as familiar with the Anubis as I thought I was (been a while since I had one). Does the oin ONLY screw in from the top? Most pins screw in from the bottom.

Yeah, it only screws in from the top.

The screw is to adjust for Atty connection. You need to adjust the pin to make connection with the 510 pin. It does take a bit of fiddling but you'll get the hang of it. I used to hate them at first, but once I got the feel for them no big deal.

Sweet. Thanks for the info.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Oops... damn... spent the entire day cleaning and polishing a Copper Overdose, and tuning up a Coppervape Squonk... guess I got the pin styles cornfuzzled.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Now the challenge of trying to get the Hellboy V2 to align with the mod. It looks silly sticking out over the sides.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey guys, I've noticed that the 510 pin on the atty that is protruding is screwing in when I'm screwing it onto the mod. Is there anyway to remedy this? I don't want to create a short.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Took a lot of fiddling around adjusting the mods 510 pin but I managed to get it to fit perfectly with the RDA's 510 pin without the pin on the RDA unscrewing which would have caused a short. Can't wait to throw some batteries in and and take it for a spin.

VU Sponsors