Become a Patron!

Anti-Vaping Researcher Gives Negligent Advice to the Public

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
"Chemical Propellants"? Does he even know what he's testing? Lost me right there, dude know nothing, probably made up a lot of it, like, "chemical propellents".

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Actually PG (one of those "chemical propellants") is "a powerful deterrent against pneumonia" so I guess the quack that preformed the study missed this study.:

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20...s-might-keep-us-healthy-says-researchers.aspx

"Propylene glycol, the primary ingredient in the electronic cigarette cartridge, may be a powerful deterrent against pneumonia, influenza, and other respiratory diseases when vaporized and inhaled according to a study by Dr. Oswald "

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
and I guess he missed this one too:

Respiratory infections and pneumonia: potential benefits of switching from smoking to vaping

https://pneumonia.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s41479-016-0001-2

I wonder what the possibility is of the quack Professor Jonathan Grigg being funded by the pharma company that sells the vaccination against bacterial pneumonia?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Edit:

"To make matters worse, that smokers are at risk of serious respiratory infections and in some cases should be vaccinated is not the only thing that the researcher hides from the public in this article. He also hides his financial conflict of interest with Big Pharma, and specifically, with GlaxoSmithKline, a company which stands to lose financially if electronic cigarettes become increasingly popular, as they are a competitor to Glaxo's nicotine gum, lozenges, and patches. The researcher has apparently served as a paid consultant for GlaxoSmithKline"

Well what do you know?
Guess who produces and sells SYNFLORIX® the bacterial pneumonia vaccine???

http://www.gsk.com/en-gb/media/pres...ccal-vaccine-receives-european-authorisation/
http://ca.gsk.com/media/591956/synflorix.pdf

That's right, GlaxoSmithKline! Mystery Solved - 5150

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Just another fucking shill....!

Way worse. I did a little searching and edited my above post.:facepalm:
It seems this Glaxo dick rider has found a way to try to scare the UK's 3 million vapers to needlessly buy SYNFLORIX, the bacterial pneumonia vaccination drug made by GlaxoSmithKline.

This motherfucker should be fined and put in prison and even denied SYNFLORIX if he happens to catch pneumonia while imprisoned.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Actually PG (one of those "chemical propellants") is "a powerful deterrent against pneumonia" so I guess the quack that preformed the study missed this study.:

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20...s-might-keep-us-healthy-says-researchers.aspx

"Propylene glycol, the primary ingredient in the electronic cigarette cartridge, may be a powerful deterrent against pneumonia, influenza, and other respiratory diseases when vaporized and inhaled according to a study by Dr. Oswald "
BUt it's not a propellant. There is no propellant in ejuice or vaporizers. Propellant implies a pressurized gas or liquid used to force/spray the aerosol. NO such PV exists of which I am aware. And, someone studying them on a scientific basis should know the difference between a propellant and an aqueous solution. Anyone who is studying eliquid and PVs who does not know this can not be trusted for what else they do not know. I do, however, find it seriously alarming how many medical professionals do not know what "aqueous solution" means or of what it is composed. I have had to educate many doctors as to what things THEY PRESCRIBE FOR INHALATION contain Propylene Glycol and/or Vegetable Glycerin, including two pulmonologists.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What amazes me is that there IS a "vaccine" for a bacterial infection. It was my understanding that only virus infections confer immunity, and therefore CAN be immunized against. Most bacterial antigens will infect you every time you encounter them, regardless of previous infection.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Ok, I read that. But here's the thing: now when I read that certain types of people "need" a given medication, I can no longer take it at face value. I suspect that it REALLY means "people in this class can take it and it probably won't kill them" -- since all that BP REALLY .wants is more money, not less disease. :facepalm:

A fine kettle of fish indeed. Because of BP's greed and venality, we can no longer trust them whatsofuckingever with regard to health, ditto the FDA and the CDC and the WHO.

I've recently been considering the shingles vaccine, since I suffered chicken pox as a child... but I dunno; maybe I'll just take my risks and not spend the money. I prefer the money in MY pocket, since BP already has many, many TRILLIONS. Why should I give them any, for a *potential* risk?

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'd also like to see some actual *science* about taking a vaccine for a bacterial infection, since it flies in the face of everything I've ever learned on the subject of innoculation. It really sounds to me like just another money-making scheme by BP.. "here's this vaccine"... times goes by, patient catches the disease they're supposedly vaccinated against..."oh, you need this OTHER vaccine to have full protection." :facepalm: I've never, EVER heard of being innoculated against a bacterial infection. Viruses actually change your DNA; that's how the immunity works; you get a viral disease, or a vaccine for a disease, your DNA changes, rendering you immune to that virus. I don't think bacteria work anything like that; they don't change DNA, and I don't know how long antibodies to bacterial infection last in an organism. It sounds mighty fishy to me.

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
BUt it's not a propellant. There is no propellant in ejuice or vaporizers. Propellant implies a pressurized gas or liquid used to force/spray the aerosol. NO such PV exists of which I am aware. And, someone studying them on a scientific basis should know the difference between a propellant and an aqueous solution. Anyone who is studying eliquid and PVs who does not know this can not be trusted for what else they do not know. I do, however, find it seriously alarming how many medical professionals do not know what "aqueous solution" means or of what it is composed. I have had to educate many doctors as to what things THEY PRESCRIBE FOR INHALATION contain Propylene Glycol and/or Vegetable Glycerin, including two pulmonologists.

I know it's not a propellant (in eliquid form at least) that's why I just put it in quotation marks.
PG may (or may not. i'm, not sure) be considered part of a propellant mix in some spray style medications?
But eliquid itself has no properties of a propellant.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nah, PG and VG are used as carriers in meds, not propellants. The most ubiquitous use of PG and VG is in nebulizers. You know, the machines they give people with lung issues to help them get better. My father-in-law was on "as needed" nubulizer treatments for pulmonary fibrosis for years until he passed in August. My dad, too, was on "as needed" nebulizer treatments when recovering from the pneumonia he caught in the hospital after an appendectomy. So it's not like medical professionals should be unaware of the ingredients.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nah, PG and VG are used as carriers in meds, not propellants. The most ubiquitous use of PG and VG is in nebulizers. You know, the machines they give people with lung issues to help them get better. My father-in-law was on "as needed" nubulizer treatments for pulmonary fibrosis for years until he passed in August. My dad, too, was on "as needed" nebulizer treatments when recovering from the pneumonia he caught in the hospital after an appendectomy. So it's not like medical professionals should be unaware of the ingredients.

Medical professionals are ungodly ignorant about the drugs they prescribe. They generally know only what the BP rep tells them; they don't have time to go looking shit up. Pharmacists know more about drugs than docs do.

Andria

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Medical professionals are ungodly ignorant about the drugs they prescribe. They generally know only what the BP rep tells them; they don't have time to go looking shit up. Pharmacists know more about drugs than docs do.

Andria
Yeah, but it's not like PG/VG are new in any sense of the word. Every doctor is familiar with aspirin, so should they be with things that have been around just as long (i.e. the doctor's whole life).

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, but it's not like PG/VG are new in any sense of the word. Every doctor is familiar with aspirin, so should they be with things that have been around just as long (i.e. the doctor's whole life).

You'd think so. But I've been singularly unimpressed with doctors' knowledge of medication since my obstetrician prescribed me an antibiotic that ended with -cillin, despite the big red NO PENICILLIN on my folder. Just no excuse for that. That could not only have landed me in the hospital, but killed my unborn child.

Andria

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There are some very skilled, and knowledgeable physicians out there. Not all however, are healers. Some however are. It is unfair to paint the entire medical community with the same brush.

The "researchers" on the other hand, who lie for profit have in my mind forfeited the right to call themselves Doctors. They have violated the foremost tenant of their oath.

First, do no harm.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There are some very skilled, and knowledgeable physicians out there. Not all however, are healers. Some however are. It is unfair to paint the entire medical community with the same brush.

The "researchers" on the other hand, who lie for profit have in my mind forfeited the right to call themselves Doctors. They have violated the foremost tenant of their oath.

First, do no harm.
I agree, but the good ones, ime, are an extreme minority.

My dad was almost killed twice (without exaggeration) by doctors and left lame (injury, poor set, Army Airborne jump), and eventually passed due to undiagnosed rectal cancer 8 months after his last colonoscopy. My mother died from stroke complications after having been denied a procedure she was "over the threshhold for" by minutes. My ex's father died (when we were still together) from a chronic duodenal bleed I told them to look years prior, which was refused. My wife had half of the placenta left in after her first. The doctor waived all fees and then put a lien on our house 15 years later after never having tried to collect. Our oldest was almost killed twice by misdiagnosed bronchitis (full blown, resistant pneumonia), our middle almost wound up with full blown sepsis from an appendix ready to burst after we were sent home with a diagnosis of "mild gas". And our youngest was almost killed before she was even born. In a hospital full of professionals, *I* saved her life because nobody took "she's coming" seriously, because nobody took, "the cord is wrapped around her head and neck twice" seriously, because only I had the presence of mind to prevent the birth while screaming at the nurses "you mean to tell me you can't find one fucking doctor in this whole fucking hospital".

Some may be good, most aren't even passable.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree, but the good ones, ime, are an extreme minority.

My dad was almost killed twice (without exaggeration) by doctors and left lame (injury, poor set, Army Airborne jump), and eventually passed due to undiagnosed rectal cancer 8 months after his last colonoscopy. My mother died from stroke complications after having been denied a procedure she was "over the threshhold for" by minutes. My ex's father died (when we were still together) from a chronic duodenal bleed I told them to look years prior, which was refused. My wife had half of the placenta left in after her first. The doctor waived all fees and then put a lien on our house 15 years later after never having tried to collect. Our oldest was almost killed twice by misdiagnosed bronchitis (full blown, resistant pneumonia), our middle almost wound up with full blown sepsis from an appendix ready to burst after we were sent home with a diagnosis of "mild gas". And our youngest was almost killed before she was even born. In a hospital full of professionals, *I* saved her life because nobody took "she's coming" seriously, because nobody took, "the cord is wrapped around her head and neck twice" seriously, because only I had the presence of mind to prevent the birth while screaming at the nurses "you mean to tell me you can't find one fucking doctor in this whole fucking hospital".

Some may be good, most aren't even passable.

I "liked" that post only because I completely sympathize and empathize -- some brain-trust docs nearly killed my mom with an antibiotic to which she's so allergic, she "coded" and they had to restart her heart with the paddles. Until very recently, ALL doctors misused and overused antibiotics so egregiously, it's really a marvel that any of them work for anything anymore -- when my son once had a cold that I wasn't too sure was a cold because his throat was inflamed (thought it could possibly have been strep) -- but no bacterial growth in the dish, the lab said -- but the doc still sent him home with an antibiotic prescription, as a "preventive measure." Stupid asshole. You do NOT take antibiotics as "preventive measures," you take them IF and ONLY IF there is an actual bacterial infection! Needless to say, I didn't get that scrip filled, and whaddya know, he got well! :facepalm:

My own doc, now... he's very good about not prescribing antibiotics until he's absolutely sure there is bacterial infection, and he has at least a pretty good idea which one, so he can prescribe an appropriate narrow-spectrum antibiotic. But, even though he's amazed and delighted that I finally found a way to quit smoking, he doesn't seem terribly interested in learning more about vaping; I printed out a couple of pages from the CASAA website and took them in, for his perusal... he filed them in my patient folder. :facepalm: Who knows, maybe he read them later, but I have no way of knowing.

Andria

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I printed out a couple of pages from the CASAA website and took them in, for his perusal... he filed them in my patient folder. :facepalm: Who knows, maybe he read them later, but I have no way of knowing.

Dont let up on him. Somebodys life might depend on it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dont let up on him. Somebodys life might depend on it.

Everytime I've gone in there for the last 2 yrs, I tell every nurse I can get to hold still long enough. :D Since they really have more patient-contact than the doctor, and have more access to the doctor than the patients, they make a good info-dispersal system. :D They're all amazed at me, because I've been a patient there for about 19 yrs now, and they KNOW how steadfast a smoker I always was... The fact that vaping not only helped me quit, but is helping me STAY quit, really seems to impress them!

And they love not having to avert their faces from me when they're close to me and asking me questions. :giggle:

Andria

VU Sponsors