Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Wotofo Recurve Dual RDA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Wotofo Recurve Dual RDA, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Wotofo Recurve Dual RDA is the latest RDA from popular vape manufacturer Wotofo. They probably don’t need much of an introduction these days as they have made many popular products. For me though they are pretty hit and miss review wise. They do have the best mesh rebuildables on the market though, and the elder dragon was great and very underrated and their faris was solid for a RDTA which has been phased out, but they’ve also made some duds like the serpent elevate RTA, warrior RDA and flux kit. The Recurve Dual RDA is a Dual coil DTL RDA with an included squonk pin and the dual coil version of the original recurve so also designed in collaboration with popular youtuber reviewer mike vapes. It’s available in 6 colors SS, Black, Blue, Gunmetal, Gold, and Rainbow. Looking around online it’s priced around 30-35USD so standard pricing. Elementvape has all 6 colors in stock in the US for 29.95

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 24mm Diameter
  • Deep Juice Wells
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Postless Build Deck - Quad Terminal Design
  • PEEK Insulator
  • Dual Coil Configuration
  • Coil Focused Slanted Airflow - Adjustable Airflow Control
  • 810 Wide Bore Resin Drip Tip
  • BF 510 Squonking Pin
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connection
  • Available in SS, Gold, Blue, Gunmetal, Rainbow, Black
Included in box:
  • 1 ReCurve DUAL RDA
  • 1 Coil Trimming Tool
  • 1 Squonk Pin
  • 1 User Manual
  • 1 Bag of Coils
  • 1 Organic Cotton
  • 1 Bag of Extra O-Ring Seals
Picture Album
album

Build Deck and Wicking
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a pretty basic postless deck. I think by now most people have seen them. There are 4 post holes so each lead gets its own post hole and coils can be installed 1 at a time but since it’s postless you will need to precut your leads. Luckily they include a nice prectting tool that goes from 4mm to 10mm in 1mm increments. They give a guide that says 7mm but sadly that’s way too short so glad it has a tool that goes higher since 9-10mm is the way to go, but we’ll call it 9 since most builds I recommend 9 is the sweet spot. The post screws come from the side so no twisting with flat wires. The post screws are iffy quality phillips/flat head combo screws, that work much better with a phillips then a flat. Not sure why their screws are always an issue. This is something at this point that should never be an issue. They aren’t horrible but they aren’t good. I wish they had more consistency there. There is plenty of room to fit a 4mm ID coil but that is going to be your max. Overall nothing innovative, but a standard postless deck.

Wicking on it is quite easy. It’s an RDA so nothing fancy just drop your wick leads to the bottom where the wick cutouts are.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a Dual Coil RDA only as intended by the design. I ran 6 builds in this 1 fancy 3mm ID build, 1 fancy 3.5 mm ID build, 1 fancy 4mm ID build and 2 simple round 4mm ID and 3mm builds. The 6th one was basically a throwaway due to going by the 7mm leads they recommended which did not help an already mediocre RDA and was even worse from running the same build with 9mm legs. All that build did was let me know that 7mm legs were not a good idea. With that said, not much good I can really say about this RDA flavorwise. It’s pretty mediocre no matter what I threw at it. Low intensity and lots of muting. Even due to the restricted airflow figuring maybe it’s good for low watts and round wire like a voopoo run for example, it was pretty poor there. They even list it on their site as “your high wattage pal” which just made me laugh. Overall not a good performer flavorwise.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Airflow, Misc. Details, and Extras
Let’s talk about the airflow now. This RDA is side airflow and has 6 small holes 2 rows of 3 on each side. Fully open it’s a solid DTL vape but not airy DTL, some may consider it slightly restricted. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust and on a stopper. You adjust the air by spinning the whole top cop just like the Mjölnir RDA, the issue here though is there isn’t much you can do adjustment wise. You can close off 2 holes on each side to get a restricted DTL vape but that’s it. If you try and close it down to 2 holes on each side it opens up another 2 that isn’t near the coils. Really no meaningful airflow adjustments. Not a great design there. The top cap locks into place making it easy to screw on and off your mod as well.

The top cap is quite nice and thick though and dissipates heat really well and doesn't get too hot while chain vaping all things considered. The top cap is easy to pop on and off and the o-rings are nice. It’s not too tight or too loose by any means. To put the cap on you do need to line up the notches to get it into place but they are very forgiving so anywhere near where it should line up works fine. It’s not hard to do and not a big deal but it’s worth the mention.

It comes with 2 drip tips, one is a Clear (likely PMMA or PC) friction fit curved 810 tip and the other one is a matching resin 810 tip. No 510 adapter or tip though, I don’t mind the lack of a 510 tip, however not having an adapter doesn't make sense. Not a big deal but worth the mention. The Drip tips all fit very well in the RDA. snug, not loose, not tight. You can use your own as well and most should work just fine. I tried a couple other 810 tips with no issues personally. The quality on the Wotofo Recurve Dual RDA is mostly nice. The paint job shows no signs of damage or chipping on my blue one, The o-rings all fit good, the airflow adjustment is simple and easy. My only complaint is the post screws however the spare set of 4 flatheads to look to be better. It comes with a standard 510 pin and a BF 510 pin like most RDAs these days as well.

The juice well is pretty much non existent. They label it as a deep juice well but it’s not. It’s just like the OG recurve. I used it as both a dripper and a squonker and it really is best suited for squonking and not great as a dripper at all. The over squonk protection is really good though so it does work really nice as a squonker, but not as a dripper

It’s a 24mm diameter so should not overhang on most mods on the market today. There is plenty of spare o-rings and 4 spare post screws, 1 screwdriver, 1 allen wrench, 2 810 drip tips. They also include 2 coils and cotton. The coils are clearly labeled which is great both on the bag and their site. They are quad core fused claptons, 28x4+36 ni80 wire. 3mm ID and .26 ohm each (.13 in dual coil config). Great amount of accessories overall as usual with wotofo. Only thing i consider missing is a 510 adapter. Branding is pretty well done. There is an engraved recurve that is small and on the bottom of the top cap between the 2 airflows on 1 side. It’s in a matching color and doesn't stand out much and isn’t cringy IMO so no complaints there from me.

Pros:
  • 2 810 Drip Tips
  • standard positive and squonk pin included
  • plenty of spare o-rings
  • Color Options (6)
  • Good over squonk protection
  • included coil cutting tool
  • good build quality mostly
  • Price point (under 30 USD)
  • Good simple branding
  • easy to adjust airflow
  • dissipates heat really well
  • nicely labeled pair of coils and cotton included
  • nice potless deck
  • top cap is easy to pop on and off
  • locks into place so easy to screw on and off mod
Cons:
  • Flavor is really subpar for a dual coil RDA
  • no 510 adapter
  • no meaningful airflow adjustments
  • preinstalled post screws aren't good quality
  • not good for dripping
  • guide for lead cutting is off
  • Small juice well despite being advertised as a large one
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one has to lean towards the no for me. The dual coil RDA market is just stacked with great options and has been for about 2-3 years now and this one is just a sub par performer. I can forgive some of the smaller cons, but at the end of the day, the performance just isn’t there. It’s not an awful RDA or anything, just a really mediocre one and not worth buying over what we have available and probably worse then what you currently have, if you have a few dual coil RDAs already. I won’t be adding this to my sheet of recs linked down below. Check out that spreadsheet when considering a purchase as I keep it up to date with all the latest and greatest stuff on the market.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Wotofo

Official Site Link
i'm a link

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date including for almost 2 years written reviews across the largest vape forums. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

Last edited:

VU Sponsors