Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Wismec RX Gen 3 Kit Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Wismec RX Gen 3 kit. Disclaimer: this product was sent to me for the purpose of this review from elementvape.com

Introduction:

The RX gen 3 is the newest and smallest 3 battery mod from wismec. The kit version comes with the new gnome sub ohm tank. It’s a triple 18650 mod capable of 300 watts. It has a bottom style hinged battery door. The tank itself is a mini one with a 4ml capacity and doesn't need more than 90 watts so an odd choice to package with a triple battery mod.

Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 300W TC Box Mod Features:

• Triple 18650 Battery Platform - Batteries Not Included

• Wattage Output Range: 1-300W

• Maximum Output Current: 50A

• Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm

• Temperature Range: 200-600F

• Versatile Temperature Control Module

• Supports Ni200 Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements

• TCR Adjustment Modes

• Preheat Function

• Soft Poly-Angular Frame

• Intuitive 1.3 Inch OLED Display

• Oversized Firing Buton

• Two Adjustment Buttons

• Hinged Battery Door

• Battery Balance Charge System

• Dual Circuit Protection

• Onboard Reverse Polarity Protection

• Upgradeable Software

• MicroUSB Port - Firmware Upgrades

• Spring-Loaded Stainless Steel 510 Connection

• Available in Black, Red, Brown, Grey, Green

Wismec GNOME Sub-Ohm Tank Features:

• 4mL Max Juice Capacity

• Superior Stainless Steel Construction

• Pyrex Glass Reinforcement

• Retractable Top-Fill Method

• Stealth Dual Bottom Airflow Control

• WM Coil Series

• 0.15ohm WM02 Dual Coil Head - rated for 30-70W

• 0.2ohm WM03 Triple Coil Head - rated for 40-130W

• Delrin Widebore Drip Tip

• Propreitary PEI Widebore Tip

• 510 Connection

Includes:

• 1 RX GEN3 Box Mod

• 1 GNOME Sub-Ohm Tank

• 1 0.15ohm WM02 Dual Coil

• 1 0.2ohm WM03 Triple Coil

• 1 QC USB Cable

• Spare Parts

• Instructional Manual

Pictures

Stock Shot :
wismec_reuleaux_rx_gen3_300w_starter_kit_all_5_colors__2.jpg

Battery Door:
IJnMl8I.jpg

Mod Side:
ari6xR4.jpg

Mod Front:
oH6BBlq.jpg

Box:
TxUsC5m.jpg

Box Contents:
e6piRvh.jpg

Initial Impressions and features

When I first got this Mod, I was pretty impressed with how small it is. Smallest 3 battery mod by far and very comfortable. A little smaller then a triad DNA250. The battery door was stuck on and took some force to get open. Which i found the sticker that overlays the contact is a little off and was basically gluing the door shut. The sticker is still a little messed up and makes opening and closing the door not very good. The gnome tank is small and has a slide back fill much like the ello tank.

Performance

While i normally test mods, this one I didn’t bother too as it wasn’t necessary. I’ll start with talking about the temp control since it’ll be short, The mod couldn’t even stay in temp control long enough for me to try it out. All it does is kick me out of temp control no matter what build or atomizer i use. The mod won’t even stay in temp control let along work in it. So that’s a quick fail. Now let's talk about power mode. It’s a 300 watt mod, but you’d be crazy to push it that far. This mod gets way too hot even at 125 watts let alone pushing 300. It doesn't dissipate any heat at all and the chip itself gets very hot. It basically turns into a hand warmer and mods that get really hot especially at a low wattage is always a fail for me. And it never shut down on a too hot message, it just gets hotter and hotter to the point it’s physically uncomfortable to hold the mod. Even at lower watts the mod is highly inconsistent. Resistance is never stable and bounces around. Using SS wire where resistance rises when hot, i watched resistance go down when it was heated up. I telltale sign of an issue with the mod itself. And it’s ability to read resistance. The output is pretty inconsistent as well. Take 5 puffs all at the same watts and same coil and it’ll feel different almost every time, I didn’t need to hook it up to an oscilloscope to tell me that either. Overall this mod pretty much fails in every performance aspect

Gnome Tank

The gnome tank is a mini sub ohm tank with a 4ml capacity. It uses a slide back top fill like the ello tank. The gnome coils themselves are rated anywhere from 45-90 watts bets range depending on the coil used. Included was the WM02 (45-60 watts) and WM03 (70-90 watts) neither coil gave any sort of good flavor and both lasted less than a week. Also the .2 ohm coil read at .33 on my meter, DNA mods, and sirius mod , and read .31 on the gen 3. The good news is it is a baby beast style coils so compatible with all those options like the baby beast, ello, frogman, etc. Tons of options but the stock gnome one’s aren’t very good. It does have an optional RBA head sold separately. It’s not a bad little tank though, just the coils are but you can buy different ones.

Other Usage Notes

The 510 pin on the mod uses the chassis ground which is IMO a very poor design and could explain a lot of the issues i’ve encountered. It’s the same design used on the predator. The mod gets super hot when vaping over 100 watts and if you want to charge it internally, you might as well fry an egg on it. This mod gets really hot for any reason pretty much. Not a good thing for batteries or vaping in general. The battery door is pretty bad and the sticker over the contacts gets in the way of opening and closing it. Resistance bounces around and is normally a little on the low side (.01 to .03)

Pros: Mod

* Size and looks
* Big Screen

Cons: Mod

* Battery door
* Outdated menu system
* watt performance
* temp performance
* lack of heat dissipation
* 510 pin design
* unstable resistance readings

Pros: Tank
* mini size and looks
* easy top fill
* coil compatibility
* optional RBA deck (sold separate)
* standard 510 ultem drip tip

Cons: Tank
* Coils weren’t good
* the .2ohm coil read as .33 ohms

Conclusion

So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do hard yes or no. but this one is pretty much a hard no. The tank itself isn’t bad since you can use tons of coil options in it, but nothing really sets it apart from the other dozen or so options that take the same coils. The mod however was just a poor performer in every sense of the word. Not something i can put my name on by any means. This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank elementvape.com for sending me this kit for review it can be purchased here https://www.elementvape.com/wismec-reuleaux-rx-gen3-300w-tc-starter-kit and I want to thank you guys for reading.

VU Sponsors