Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Wellontech Stan Pod Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Wellontech Stan Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Wellontech Stan Pod kit is the latest Pod Kit from not very well known vape manufacturer wellontech. I have a funny history with them, a few years back they contacted me to review their transformer kit which to put it nicely was a disaster, I gave them feedback and they were supposed to fix it. Then i seen a bunch of reviews saying how bad it was and never heard back from them and seen they released it as is and figured nothing more for me to do then and never did a review on it or heard from them since. Now they contacted me about out of the blue to review their latest pod system the stan. The stan is a simple pen style AIO Pod with refillable pods and a built in 650mah battery and is press button to fire. It’s available in 4 colors Blue, Red, Black, and Silver. Looking around online i found it for preorder only on one site for 11.99 and pods for 5.99 for a 4 pack, so cheap price point.

Manufacturer's Specs: Battery
  • Dimension 16x 100mm
  • Material Aluminum Alloy (Rubber paint) and Food-grade PCTG
  • Battery 650mAh internal battery
  • Modes Low/Middle/High
  • Charging USB Port, 1.5 hours
  • Refill 10s cut-off
  • Coil Type Ceramic
  • Resistance 1.6ohm
  • Refill Easy top refilling design
  • E-juice capacity 1.0ml
  • Protection 10s cut-off, Low voltage protection, Short circuit protection, Lithium battery protection
  • Connection Gold-Plated Magnetic Connection
  • LED Battery Indicator Light Low: Green, Middle: Blue, High: White
  • Color Black, silver, blue, red
Manufacturer's Specs: Pod
  • Juice capacity: 1.0ml
  • Coil material: Ni80
  • Coil Wick: Ceramic/organic cotton
  • Coil resistance: 1.6ohm
  • Quantity: 4pcs/ pack
Included in box:
  • 1x STAN Battery
  • 2x STAN replacement pods
  • 1x USB cable
  • 1x User manual
Picture Album
album

Coil Woes
I’m actually going to for-go going over the device itself but i’ll make up for it with a joke next, and skip straight to the coils so i don’t waste anyone’s time including my own. There is 1 coil type listed above and it comes with 2 and they also sent me a spare 4 pack so i got 6 in total. I used 4 of them (3 from the pack and 1 included one) and the best way i could describe vaping on this would be if i used a dirty sock as a wicking material, and wrapped it up in some dirty toaster wire for a coil. Just gross and un-vapeable. Sadly it somehow manages to get even worse. Because i decided to take things an extra step as usual. There was some conflicting information about the wicking material of the coils. Some listed organic cotton and others said ceramic. So i decided to pull a coil from the pod to see and boy did i get a surprise. Ok first off it is a ceramic wick with cotton around it. So you have the coil, then a ceramic layer, then the cotton layer. But i’ve used many ceramic coils, i’ve pulled them, i’ve boiled them, i’ve scratched them and usually they are tough as nails. Even when uwell did their infamous ceramic test they had only microscopic residue from trying to scratch up ceramic. This however was the opposite. The coil practically crumbles in your hand.. I was able to squish the ceramic into nothing but dust with my fingers and very little effort. It basically just falls apart. I don’t even see how that can be safe to vape. I have a ton of pictures in the album of it, but yeah complete disaster of coils.

Stan
Dear Wellon "I'm Too Good To Listen to my Fans"

This will be the last package u likely ever send my ass

It's been 2 years since the transformer, and still no fix, we don't deserve it?

I know you got my last two emails, I wrote the addresses on 'em perfect

So this is my review I'm sending you, I hope you read it

Your coils break apart like nothing, i hope i didn’t eat it.

Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD kit or not? I think it’s an easy beware avoid. Just a disaster of a system. No pros, no cons, no leans, just don’t buy this one. No idea how this even made it to market.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Wellon Tech

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors