Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: VEIIK Airo Pod Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the VEIIK Airo Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The VEIIK Airo Pod kit is the first Pod Kit from new vape manufacturer VEIIK. I checked their page and this is the only thing they have made, however reading the “about us” page on their site says they are huge and been around since 2013. Searching that leads me to find they are a camera manufacturer and this is their new vape brand however, i do remember a little while back another device i used that was a spin off vape brand of the same company so not sure why they are making so many spin off brands? Either way just a little odd look into what i found on the company. The Airo is a simple tall skinny style AIO Pod with refillable pods and a built in 360mah battery and is inhale to fire. It’s available in 5 colors Brown, Blue, Red, Black, and Rainbow. They sell directly off their site for 24.99 and 6.99 for a 2 pack of pods so pretty good pricing.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Size: 100.5 x 25.5 x 12.5mm
  • Capacity: 2ml
  • Battery: Built-in 360mAh
  • Coil resistance: 1.2ohm
Included in box:
  • 1pc VEIIK Device
  • 2pc 2ml Replacement Pods
  • 1pc Micro USB Cable
  • 1pc User Manual
Coil Options
  • 2ml 1.2 ohm pod
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The VEIIK Airo is simple tall skinny rectangle styled AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares, but those are sold separately and the coils are built into the pods so you replace the whole pod like a renova zero or innokin EQ. Design wise it’s very similar to a smok nord but smaller. It’s a good size all things considered not super small but not large. There is no adjustable air as well like most pods however there is a small hole on the side you can cover with your finger to make it a little tighter but doesn't make much of a difference. Not a big deal but it is cool when pods have adjustable air but not really the standard these days yet so just a bonus when it has that. It has a average capacity of 2ml (so TPD compliant). The battery is listed at 360mah so a bit on the small side IMO. It features built in USB charging they don’t list a rate anywhere though. I tested this 1 time with an inline USB meter and for the charge rate it charges at .5A max so good enough for the battery size. It charges full in about 52 minutes. Battery size wise i got 350mah so no complaints there. Nothing way overstated from what they list it as, which is all i’m looking for so good ratings. It does have passthrough vaping as well like most. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the pod itself. The VEIIK Airo is very nicely built, it has some weight but not heavy and is a metal body. Paint wise i have the red which is a white matte body that looks great and some polyurethane inserts that look kind of like leather giving it some nice style and flair. It looks pretty classy and i have no waring on the paint or anything.

The pods attach to the battery via a magnet system and are easy to get in and out and fit really well so good job there and fit it nicely with no wiggle or play. To remove the pod just pull it out. The filling is a standard rubber plug you pull out like many which works well. The hole is nice and large so easy to fill with a standard fine tip bottle and they include some spare plugs in case you lose one which is nice. Very easy to fill.

Usage is pretty easy. It’s a inhale to fire device with no buttons. No modes or settings or on/off. Just a really simple inhale only device. I had no issues with the air sensor at all. The LED is on the bottom and nice and bright however due to the position it’s impossible to see when vaping which kind of ruins the battery meter unless you want to look in a mirror when vaping to check the battery. Not sure what they were thinking about there. When vaping the color lets you know the battery charge. White means Full to 70%, Blue means 30-70%, and Red means 30% or less. Good enough battery meter not great but not bad. The pod is about half exposed so you need to turn it upside down or pull out the pod to see the juice level when it’s more than half empty. Also the pod is tinted way too dark. Not sure how many times i have to point this out in reviews, but it makes it way too hard to see your juice level. Clear pods would have been better and it needed a juice window as well.

Coil Performance and details
The VEIIK Airo Pod Kit comes with 2 Pods as it should. All kits should always include 2 coils/pods. There is only 1 coil option which is a 1.2 ohm coil. No specs on wire material though. They sent me an extra one so i got to use 3 pods in total the 2 included and the extra one. I used all 50/50 and 60/40 nic salt juices 20-25 mg nicotine. The 1st 2 pods i used were gross and unvapeable. I vaped half a pod each to see if it would break in and they never did so i gave up. The 3rd pod i used started off bad but broke in to be vapable after like 10 puffs. Ti still wasn’t good but it was at least vapeable enough to try and kill the battery to test the charging and to check the coil life. It burned out before i could finish that pod so in all i got to vape like 3-4ml out of 3 pods with nothing but awful flavor. Overall not good pods at all

Pros:
  • color options (5 total)
  • Average 2 ml capacity
  • Good build quality on battery
  • nice simple and classy looks
  • nice PU leather like accents
  • good size for easy portability
  • good ratings for battery size
  • charges fast enough (1 hour)
  • good flavor for a pod system
  • pods are easy to remove and install
  • price point for device and coils
  • easy to fill
  • Passthrough Vaping
  • comes with 2 pods
  • inhale to fire worked good
Cons:
  • coil life is not good
  • 2 out of 3 coils unvapeable, 1 was still bad flavor but vapeable
  • battery is a little on the small side
  • Juice level hard to see (no juice window, dark tint on pod)
  • LED is not visible while vaping due to location
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and this one i have to lean towards the no. Coil life and flavor was the biggest killer of it for me. It’s a nice design and the battery worked well enough and feels nice and looks nice (except for the LED location) but due to the poor coils i can’t recommend this. They need to work on their coils if they want to start making pods systems. I won’t be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from VEIIK

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors