Anthony Vapes: Vaporesso Revenger kit written review and tech test

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here

for my honest review of the Vaporesso Revenger Kit. Disclaimer: this product was sent to me for the purpose of this review from elementvape.com

Introduction:
The Revenger kit is the latest mod from vaporesso featuring the proprietary omni 2.0 chip. The kit version comes with the new NRG tank which is a mid watt sub ohm tank similar to the big baby beast from smok (and uses the same coils). It comes in 5 colors black, red, blue, rainbow and gold with a matching NRG tank.

Manufacturer's Specs: Mod
  • Dimensions: 89mm by 45mm by 28mm
  • Dual High-Amp 18650 Batteries - Not Included
  • Wattage Output Range: 5-220W
  • Temperature Control Range: 200-600F
  • Min Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
  • Innovative OMNI Board 2.0 Chipset
  • Support Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
  • Temperature Coefficient of Resistance Adjustments (TCR)
  • Customized Curvature of Temperature (CCT)
  • Customized Curvature of Wattage (CCW)
  • Smart VW Mode
  • Bypass Mode
  • Real Time Clock Setting
  • Real Charging Time
  • Equalizing Charge System
  • Intuitive 0.96 Inch OLED Display
  • Durable Aluminum Alloy Construction
  • In-Mould Labeling (IML) Injection - High-Resistant
  • All Metal Oversized Firing Button
  • MicroUSB Port
  • 510 Connection
  • Available in Black, Blue, Red, Gold, and Rainbow
Manufacturer's Specs: Tank
  • 26.5mm Diameter
  • 5mL Juice Capacity
  • Superior Stainlesss Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • GT Cores - Features cCell Ceramic & Traditional Cotton
  • 0.3ohm GT cCell Core - rated for 25-40W
  • 0.4ohm GT 2 Core - rated for 45-80W
  • 0.15ohm GT 4 Core - rated for 30-60W
  • 0.2ohm GT 6 Core - rated for 50-130W
  • 0.15ohm GT 8 Core - rated for 60-110W
  • 14mm Mesh Delrin Widebore Drip Tip - Spitback Protection
  • Slide-n-Fill Design - Convenient Top-Fill
  • Heating Insulation Layer on Base
  • 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 Revenger 220W Mod
  • 1 NRG Sub-Ohm Tank
  • 1 0.15ohm GT 8 Coil Head
  • 1 0.15ohm GT 4 Coil Head
  • 1 Replacement Glass Tube
  • 1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • 1 MicroUSB Cable
  • Instructional Manual
Pictures and test results
Test Chart:
x2d2umx.png

Spreadsheet:
HPmyqrE.png

Stock Shot Colors:
vaporesso_revenger_220w_tc_starter_kit_3_colors_with_packaging_.jpg

Battery Trey:
ettirfS.png

Buttons:
uMDBfLv.png

Watt Curve Screen
QkUnagD.png

510 pin:
G3pzjuH.png

Temp Screen:
bA6Qeqb.png

NRG Tank
JZskeyW.png

Top FIll:
HPJ8XOL.png

Glass chips (explained in tank section)
VubMJ82.png

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this mod, I was pretty impressed with the looks and feel and of it. The build quality is really nice but it is light and a lot of plastic. I love the centered 510 pin which didn’t look like much from the outside but we’ll go over that later when i took it apart. It’s 28mm wide so can handle up to 28mm atomizers without overhang. 30mm will overhang 1mm on the front and back but not the sides. Could be acceptable for some. It’s got a nice large screen with plenty of info and every mode you can think of including a watt curve and bypass mode.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. Resistances for this mod’s testing were done at .11, .15, .2 and .54 for the high resistance test. The mod read resistance accurate and stabile. The wattage testing points were max watts (220), 200, 175, 150, 125, 100, 75, 50 and 25. At .11 ohms the mod maxed out at 195 watts and 42 amps. The 42 amp limit is on the high side for most dual battery mods (35-40) so above average. During the tests it it hit a little on the low side anywhere from 1 to 6 watts except at 25 where it was 1 watt high.Under 125 watts it was never off by more then 3 watts. At the .15 test it maxed out at 215 watts Over or at 100 it hit low between 1 and 5 watts. Under 100 it hit high 0-2 watts. For the .20 test it maxed out at 220 watts making it accurately rated, and outside of the 220 test it ran 0-3 watts low. For the high resistance test of .54 it maxed out at 162 watts and 9.362 volts. It hit high at and over 100 watts between 6-9 watts. Under 100 watts it was 0-4 watts high. My max wattage overall was 220 so it does meet the 220 watts promised. The max amps (42) is on the higher side for dual battery mods. Many max out at 40. The 9.362 volts shows it does have a boost circuit and exceeds the promised 9v output. It’s Higher than most dual battery mods. The mod never got hot in my testing, It got a little warm over 200 watts, but under 200 was cool to the touch. It did great at not overheating even when the chip was pushed to it’s limits. it’s overall one of the cooler running mods out there. The watt curve mode worked wonderfully as well, However was a bit choppy in it’s transition. It could have been smoother IMO. For normal watt mode, the output was smooth and consistent. Overall I find this to be an excellent performer in watt mode that meets or exceeds it’s specs. I measured the soft cell cutoff at 3.4.

Temperature Control
Using SS316 wire in SS316 mode and TCR 00092. I tested 6 builds ranging from single round spaced single and dual coils, to fancy single and fancy dual coils. I found the SS316 mode and TCR mode to perform the same. Overall the mod does decent job at not burning cotton as long as you have the temp set good. If you set it too high it can give you a dry hit. It feels like it runs a little hot about 50-75 degrees. I found the best range at around 370-410 (F) depending how hot you like it. Some may even opt to go a little lower like 350-360. Once you have it dialed in to your preference however, the vape is very smooth and consistent. It throttles back very well and provides a smooth vape experience as temp control should. I would have liked a little better dry hit protection especially since it does run hot but keeping it under 400 will not give you any dry hits. The max wattage setting in temp mode is 100 which is an improvement from the tarot pro and it’s 60 limit but not the full 220. It’s still higher than the drag and it’s 80 limit. Overall I found this to be a solid temp performer in the price range.

Other Usage Notes
The mod has some quirks for sure. The main one for me being the menu system. Much like the tarot pro, it has a menu button that does everything. Holding it down cycles through modes. Clicking 3 times in a mode allows you to make adjustments in that mode. Except in temp control in order to set the watts you have to go into the system settings. It feels way out of the way and not intuitive at all. I didn’t like anything about the menu system and hope that vaporesso does something to update it on future mods. It should be easier to use with an extra button. Not harder. Another quirk I have is the battery door. There is nowhere to really get a grip on it to take it off. They should have put a notch somewhere on it to make it easer. It’s not easy to get off. The battery sled however is really nice. No ribbon needed and easy to get batteries in and out without damaging wrapps. It also has pretty much every mode out there TCR, standard TC modes (Ni, SS, Ti), bypass, power mode (plus preheat options), and watt curve mode.

NRG Tank
Ok so let’s go over the included tank with the kit. You can purchase the mod separately if you want. I just looked at the price difference on elementvape and it’s 9 dollars extra with the tank. So the price makes it pretty cheap. It’s a pretty standard sub ohm tank in the “mid watt range” It features a swivel back top fill that’s a cross between the big baby beast and Ello. It has one large hole in the front but doesn't swivel straight back, instead on an angle. It has a standard 810 drip tip with an included 510 adapter. The Drip tip it comes with has a spitback guard. I don’t really find that necessary personally but it doesn't really effect much. It has 2 large bottom air slots that are adjustable and plenty of air. My big gripe is the top oring though that really sticks to the glass. When i get an atomizer I always disassemble and clean before using it. Well on this the glass was stuck to the oring. I Had to pry it off with a screwdriver. The new one i put on is also stuck as well. It makes it hard to do a full dis-assemble and will damage your glass.

It has a total of 5 coil options. The 2 it came with were the GT4 and GT8. The GT4 claims best at 45-60 watts. Overall I never get any good flavor out of it and it didn’t last me a week. The GT8 claims best at 60-80 watts and like the GT4 i just never got good flavor and it didn’t last me a week. I was able to burn out both coils while staying in that range in about 10 days total and never got a good vape flavorwise off of them so I can't really give my “best” wattage for them. They just don’t perform and I find them sub par. There is no RBA deck for their tank either. The saving grace however is it does take the “baby beast style” coils so there are plenty of none vaporesso coil options you can buy for the tank that will perform better.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Pros: Mod
  • Large Bright Screen
  • Watt Mode Performance
  • Temp Mode performance
  • Good quality 510 pin
  • Looks and style
  • Build Quality
  • Centered 510 pin (handles 28mm with no overhang)
  • color options
  • watt curve mode
  • battery tray
Pros: Tank
  • Top fill
  • looks
  • 810 tip with 510 adapter
  • takes baby beast style coils
Cons: Mod
  • Battery Door
  • Menu System
  • 100 watt limit in TC mode
Cons: Tank
  • Coil Performance
  • Top Oring sticks to glass
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this this or not? I’ll start with the mod itself, I don’t do hard yes or no, but this one will lean pretty heavy towards the yes. I was pretty impressed with the performance of the omni 2.0 chip. In power mode it’s accurately rated at 220 watts and the amp and volt limits are higher than average for a dual battery mod. Output was always smooth and consistent. In Temp Mode while not perfect, it does provide a smooth and consistent vape once you dial it in. It does hit high but that’s not a dealbreaker for me by any means. This will be on my spreadsheet for sure as a watt mode device and a mid range temp control device. For the tank, It’s not a bad tank in itself, however I feel there are much better one’s out there. The coil performance is pretty bad. I’m gonna lean it towards the no, too many issues other tanks don’t have and i wouldn’t personally buy it separately so I won’t add it to my sheet, however for the 9 bucks extra it may be worth it to some to buy the kit rather than drop 20-30 bucks on a tank that can use the same coils anyway. May be worth it to some at that price and just buy better coils for it. This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank elementvape.com for providing me this mod for review. Link to the kit is https://www.elementvape.com/vaporesso-revenger-220w-tc-starter-kit They also sell it as just the mod https://www.elementvape.com/vaporesso-revenger-220w-tc-box-mod

I want to thank you guys for reading (or watching or both).

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice review man. Been eyeing this one for my gf if her alien ever dies on her. I can't believe it's lasted as long as it has. You should see it dude, it's beat to hell lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Nice review man. Been eyeing this one for my gf if her alien ever dies on her. I can't believe it's lasted as long as it has. You should see it dude, it's best to hell lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LMAO maybe she needs an aegis then lol joking aside the revenger is a great mod indeed

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My son got one of these today, and he is thrilled with it, but he is a fairly new vaper -- just a bit over 2 months, and he's really enjioying using TC, about which I know very little. He wanted to know, a) how to turn down the ramp-up wattage (he doesn't vape very warm at all, and so far has been using kayfuns, slightly more open than *I* like, but that's still a fairly restricted draw.) and b) he wants to learn all about TCR right now if not 5 minutes ago, and since I don't care for TC vaping, I've had no reason to learn anything about TCR. Can you suggest a good link(s) for him to learn what he needs to know about how TCR works? If it helps... he's a freshman just starting an electrical engineering major, so he knows a smidge more about electronics than I do, but is still kinda new to it all.

He also just ordered this new thing I found that I thought he'd like better than ANY of the sub-ohm RTAs, the Vandyvape MtL Berserker, which I'm also looking forward to trying out. So even when he starts using something a bit more recent than a KFL+, it'll still be a restricted draw vape, low temp/wattage (he was using the low end 25w ramp-up on the Coolfire4 TC-18650, and that suited him well, but as you pointed out, the
Revenger seems to run a bit hot, which he already discovered, and wants to be able to set the ramp-up wattage a bit lower on the Revenger).

Thx! Great review, and I appreciate it being written!!!!!
Andria

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My son got one of these today, and he is thrilled with it, but he is a fairly new vaper -- just a bit over 2 months, and he's really enjioying using TC, about which I know very little. He wanted to know, a) how to turn down the ramp-up wattage (he doesn't vape very warm at all, and so far has been using kayfuns, slightly more open than *I* like, but that's still a fairly restricted draw.) and b) he wants to learn all about TCR right now if not 5 minutes ago, and since I don't care for TC vaping, I've had no reason to learn anything about TCR. Can you suggest a good link(s) for him to learn what he needs to know about how TCR works? If it helps... he's a freshman just starting an electrical engineering major, so he knows a smidge more about electronics than I do, but is still kinda new to it all.

He also just ordered this new thing I found that I thought he'd like better than ANY of the sub-ohm RTAs, the Vandyvape MtL Berserker, which I'm also looking forward to trying out. So even when he starts using something a bit more recent than a KFL+, it'll still be a restricted draw vape, low temp/wattage (he was using the low end 25w ramp-up on the Coolfire4 TC-18650, and that suited him well, but as you pointed out, the
Revenger seems to run a bit hot, which he already discovered, and wants to be able to set the ramp-up wattage a bit lower on the Revenger).

Thx! Great review, and I appreciate it being written!!!!!
Andria
It does run hot for sure. as far as changing the ramp up. you have to hold the menu button over and over cycling through the mdoes until you get to system settings. then 3 click it to enter settings. press it once to get to VT mode, Then hold it to enter VT mode then up and down to adjust wattage then hold menu to confirm

VU Sponsors