Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vaporesso Renova Zero Pod Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Vaporesso Renova Zero Pod AIO Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample and is the retail version.

Introduction:
The Vaporesso Renova Zero is the latest AIO Pod Kit from Vaporesso. They are a company who has been around a while and somewhat popular and lately have been making some of my favorite mods like the armour pro and luxe. The Zero however is a simple pod system which is a popular style of vape these days, and the follow up to their last similar device the nexus which was disappointing. The Zero is a flat style AIO Pod system like a motiv 2 or innokin EQ with a built in 650mah battery and is inhale to fire. It’s available in 9 colors Black, White, Silver, Rainbow, Orange, Artic Blue, Green, Blue, and Red and is available online around 30 USD and is 27.95 on elementvape and replacement pods at 5.95 for a 2 pack so good pricing on the device and pods.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimensions - 74.9mm by 40mm by 16mm
  • All-In-One System
  • Intelligent OMNI Board Mini
  • 2mL Juice Capacity - PCTG Refillable Pod
  • Integrated 650mAh Rechargeable Battery
  • Wattage Output Range: 7-12.5W
  • Minimum Resistance: 1.0ohm
  • Auto Temperature Control
  • Low Liquid Detection
  • Direct Voltage Based Output
  • ON/OFF Button
  • Colorful LED Light Battery Indicator
  • Press-to-Fill (PTF) Mechanism
  • Vaporesso CCELL Coil Technology
  • 1A Micro USB Charging Port
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • No Load Protection
  • Low Resistance Protection
  • Overtime Protection
  • Overcharge Protection
  • ESD Circuit Protection
  • Pass-Through Protection
  • Available in Black, Silver, Orange, Red, Blue, Pink, Green, Midnight Blue
  • Note: Install and Prime Coil Before Use.
Included in box:
  • 1 ZERO System
  • 1 PCTG Refillable Pod
  • 1 10mL E-Juice Filling Bottle
  • 1 USB Charging Cable
  • 1 Warranty Card
  • 1 Instructional Manual
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Vaporesso Renova Zero is a flat short style AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares. It’s quite small as well similar to the Wismec Motiv 2 and innokin EQ, but not quite as small as a ceto and is very easy to pocket and carry around. There is no adjustable air on this device which would have been cool but not a big deal as most this style don’t have adjustable air. It’s a loose MTL vape. It has a good capacity of 2 ml and barely uses much juice at all. The battery is listed at 650mah so good size battery as well for a pod system. It features built in USB charging and they list an amp limit of 1A charging. I tested this to be true so good fast charging. It also has passthrough vaping. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the pod and is a nice duck-bill shape but symmetrical so you can hold it either way and vape on it and works well and is comfy to use. The Zero is very nicely build and feels solid with no rattle and the coloring is beautiful the rainbow one is very reflective and a fingerprint magnet while the green one is like a flat clear coat.

The Pod itself is though is annoying to fill. It comes with an empty pod and the coils are built into the pod like the Wismec Motiv 2 or rincoe Ceto. The pods are magnetic and a good strength. They are easy to remove and stay in place perfectly but you can wiggle them. Not a big deal but worth a mention. To fill them it uses a spring loaded fill so you have to hold the pod while pushing down with a bottle and squeezing it. I’ve seen this fill method on a few atomizers like the aspire revvo and vapefly galaxies MTL RDTA and it works fine for those but on a pod it’s kind of tough to do since the pod is small and slick and your fingers have to cover most of the eare you see the juice level to hold it in place. I wish they used a different fill method personally. Not a fan of this on a pod system. The pods are tinted really dark also and despite being completely visible makes it hard to see the juice level. They shouldn’t have made the pods so dark.

Usage is pretty easy. There is 1 button but it’s not a fire button. It does turn the device on or off with 5 clicks though. It is an inhale to fire pod system. What the button does do that’s cool is you can change the power output. There is 1 pretty bright LED built into the fire button. It’s not overly bright like a spryte but bright enough to see easily. If you click the button 3 times it’ll cycle through the modes. High is 12.5 watts and the LED is green, Medium is 10.5 watts and the LED is blue, and low is 9 Watts and the LED is red. You can also hold the button to check which mode you are in. Having adjustable wattage is a great idea that very few pod systems have so well done there. The LED also acts as a battery meter. When vaping on it the LED stays lit and Green means 70% or more, Blue means 30-70% and Red means under 30%. Very well done there. They also include a fill bottle in the package as well.

Coil Performance and details
The Vaporesso Renova Zero comes with 1 pod which is disappointing. I’m wish they included a spare as pod as well. There is only 1 type of pod for this which uses the 1 ohm CCELL (Ceramic) coil. Thankfully they sent spares separate though. I used 4 pods in total. All 4 pods gave me between 15-20ml of usage so good job on the pod life and i see them priced as low as 6 bucks for a 2 pack so cheaper than most where are around 5 bucks per pod. Flavorwise the flavor is good for a pod system as well and right up there with the best ones. You can get some minor flooding if you fill the pods too fast but outside of that no issues or flooding and when i did flood them from filling too fast it went away pretty quickly. I got no leaks or spit back. Overall good life, and good flavor for a pod system. No complaints from me there. I used all 50-55% VG nic salt juices 20-35 mg nicotine.

Pros:
  • color options (9 total)
  • good 2ml capacity pods
  • easily removable pods
  • adjustable power
  • good build quality
  • nice looks and paint job
  • small size for easy portability
  • Inhale to fire works great and no misfires
  • good battery size for such a small device
  • price point (under 30 USD)
  • coil life
  • coil performance
  • Passthrough Vaping
  • 1A charging (45 mins for full charge)
  • good battery meter
Cons:
  • pod is tinted too much
  • only comes with 1 pod
  • refill method is more difficult than it needs to be
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD AIO or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one i’m going to lean towards the yes. It’s a nicely built device that works well and still one of the better inhale to fire pod systems i’ve used so far. The adjustable output is great and the coils work very well. It has it’s minor drawbacks like all pods but overall still one of the best options. I added this to my spreadsheet as well of recs which is linked below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Vaporesso

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors