Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vapefly Nicolas MTL tank Written Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review for my honest review of the Vapefly Nicolas MTL/RLH tank. Disclaimer: This product was sent to me from Heavengifts.com for the purpose of this review, that will in no way shape or form influence my review.

Introduction:
The Vapefly Nicolas is a tank from a new company that is aimed at beginners, MTL vapers, and people looking to quit cigarettes. It’s a versatile 22mm tank that can be vaped MTL or opened up fully for a RLH (Restrictive Lung Hit). It’s available in 2 colors black and SS. It features pop in coils (not threaded) that can be swapper out with an almost full tank. It has 9 airflow settings and a standard 510 drip tip

Manufacturers Specs:
Diameter: 22mm

Height: 46mm

Capacity: 3mm

Drip tip: Standard 510

Coil Options: 1.8ohm MTL and .6ohm RLH (Restrictive Lung Hit)

Included in box
1 Nicolas Tank

1 1.8ohm coil

1 0.6ohm coil

1 replacement glass

1 user manual

1 Spare Parts

Pictures
Breakdown: https://d1844rainhf76j.cloudfront.net/goods_desc/1494906442_7d09b0.jpg

Replacing coil: https://d1844rainhf76j.cloudfront.net/goods_desc/1494906491_26c058.jpg

Airflow and tank: https://d1844rainhf76j.cloudfront.net/goods_desc/1494906508_404754.jpg

Tank: https://d1844rainhf76j.cloudfront.net/goods_desc/1494906969_a20043.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this tank I found it was a pretty small tank. For me personally I’m used to bigger atomizers (24mm to 30mm) and higher watts (60-150 watts depending on the build/atomizer) So I really wasn’t sure what to expect. I’m also not huge on MTL vaping. It doesn’t give me the flavor I’m personally used to getting. I took it apart and all the threading was really good. Cleaned it off (same thing I do with all new atomizers) put it back together and put in the .6ohm sub ohm coil. One thing I really liked is being able to change out the coils with the tank still full of juice. It also has some surprisingly big fill holes. Big enough to just pour juice in from the bottle without needing a dripper or a tip. It’s standard top fill

Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? Well I started with the sub ohm coil as it’s more of my vaping style and I have to say, I was very impressed. I found it to be best at 20-25 watts with most of my vaping on it done at 20 watts. I did not expect flavor to be this good for a 20 watt coil. That simple. Now is it exo rta good? No of course not, let not exaggerate and keep things in perspective. But flavor wise it was better then many of the other sub ohm lower watt (under 60 watts) tanks I’ve had. I would even take it over the engine which is one of the worst flavor RTAs in my opinion. I was extremely impressed with it’s flavor and I’ll be buying some more of those coils myself to use it as a low power out and about portable tank. Will pair nicely with my smaller mods like a pico and should last a long time at 20 watts. I used the coil for 2 weeks and it still wasn’t burnt out when I changed it out so coil life is very good. Should be able to get 2 weeks minimum out of it. Now only the MTL 1.8 coil. I found it best at 10-12 watts. I vaped it mostly at 12 watts. I used it for a week and it’s still good. Flavor wise, it’s MTL it’s not bad flavor for a MTL coil by any means but it’s nothing compared to the sub ohm coil or sub ohm set ups. It’s much better then I got from the cigalikes and comparable with the mi-one and it’s BF (Bottom fed) sub ohm coils and top air. Personally, not something I’m going to use, but I think MTL vapers would enjoy it a lot. I’ll be using it personally with the .6 coils as a low watt sub ohm tank.

Overall Impressions
Overall I was very impressed with this tank. Realistically speaking there aren’t many good MTL tanks out there. Outside the nautilus series of tanks from aspire there isn’t anything worth while. The market has been needing a new MTL tank for sure and the vapefly Nicolas fills that gap nicely. It’s an excellent choice for new vapers to help them quit and it’s versatile enough that it can take people from MTL vaping to RLH vaping without needing a new tank. It’s something a new vaper can grow with for a long time.

Pros:
  • Very versatile (does MTL to RLH)
  • Very good flavor from the .6 coil. The 1.8 coil is good flavor for MTL
  • 3 ml capacity
  • Good quality threading
  • Small good looking tank
  • Can replace coils without dumping juice
  • Coil Pricing (7 dollars for a 5 pack from heavengifts.com)
Cons:
  • Coil availability (new company and not a lot of sites stocking coils. Probably can’t find them at a B&M either)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this tank? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this one leans heavily towards the yes. As a tank for quitting smoking that you can grow with or if you already vape MTL and want to try a new tank or move onto RLH vaping as well this is a great option. In a landscape where good MTL tanks are pretty rare, This one will fill that much needed hole for sure. I think many will be surprised at the flavor this tank can produce. And with coils being so cheap, it’s not a juice hog, it should be a tank that is good on the wallet. I’ll be adding this into my sheet on the tank list.

As always I am Anthony Vapes and I’m just keeping it Honest, Hopefully you all can say you are doing the same and I’ll see you on the next review

krypto909

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review for my honest review of the Vapefly Nicolas MTL/RLH tank. Disclaimer: This product was sent to me from Heavengifts.com for the purpose of this review, that will in no way shape or form influence my review.

Introduction:
The Vapefly Nicolas is a tank from a new company that is aimed at beginners, MTL vapers, and people looking to quit cigarettes. It’s a versatile 22mm tank that can be vaped MTL or opened up fully for a RLH (Restrictive Lung Hit). It’s available in 2 colors black and SS. It features pop in coils (not threaded) that can be swapper out with an almost full tank. It has 9 airflow settings and a standard 510 drip tip

Manufacturers Specs:
Diameter: 22mm

Height: 46mm

Capacity: 3mm

Drip tip: Standard 510

Coil Options: 1.8ohm MTL and .6ohm RLH (Restrictive Lung Hit)

Included in box
1 Nicolas Tank

1 1.8ohm coil

1 0.6ohm coil

1 replacement glass

1 user manual

1 Spare Parts

Pictures
Breakdown: https://d1844rainhf76j.cloudfront.net/goods_desc/1494906442_7d09b0.jpg

Replacing coil: https://d1844rainhf76j.cloudfront.net/goods_desc/1494906491_26c058.jpg

Airflow and tank: https://d1844rainhf76j.cloudfront.net/goods_desc/1494906508_404754.jpg

Tank: https://d1844rainhf76j.cloudfront.net/goods_desc/1494906969_a20043.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this tank I found it was a pretty small tank. For me personally I’m used to bigger atomizers (24mm to 30mm) and higher watts (60-150 watts depending on the build/atomizer) So I really wasn’t sure what to expect. I’m also not huge on MTL vaping. It doesn’t give me the flavor I’m personally used to getting. I took it apart and all the threading was really good. Cleaned it off (same thing I do with all new atomizers) put it back together and put in the .6ohm sub ohm coil. One thing I really liked is being able to change out the coils with the tank still full of juice. It also has some surprisingly big fill holes. Big enough to just pour juice in from the bottle without needing a dripper or a tip. It’s standard top fill

Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? Well I started with the sub ohm coil as it’s more of my vaping style and I have to say, I was very impressed. I found it to be best at 20-25 watts with most of my vaping on it done at 20 watts. I did not expect flavor to be this good for a 20 watt coil. That simple. Now is it exo rta good? No of course not, let not exaggerate and keep things in perspective. But flavor wise it was better then many of the other sub ohm lower watt (under 60 watts) tanks I’ve had. I would even take it over the engine which is one of the worst flavor RTAs in my opinion. I was extremely impressed with it’s flavor and I’ll be buying some more of those coils myself to use it as a low power out and about portable tank. Will pair nicely with my smaller mods like a pico and should last a long time at 20 watts. I used the coil for 2 weeks and it still wasn’t burnt out when I changed it out so coil life is very good. Should be able to get 2 weeks minimum out of it. Now only the MTL 1.8 coil. I found it best at 10-12 watts. I vaped it mostly at 12 watts. I used it for a week and it’s still good. Flavor wise, it’s MTL it’s not bad flavor for a MTL coil by any means but it’s nothing compared to the sub ohm coil or sub ohm set ups. It’s much better then I got from the cigalikes and comparable with the mi-one and it’s BF (Bottom fed) sub ohm coils and top air. Personally, not something I’m going to use, but I think MTL vapers would enjoy it a lot. I’ll be using it personally with the .6 coils as a low watt sub ohm tank.

Overall Impressions
Overall I was very impressed with this tank. Realistically speaking there aren’t many good MTL tanks out there. Outside the nautilus series of tanks from aspire there isn’t anything worth while. The market has been needing a new MTL tank for sure and the vapefly Nicolas fills that gap nicely. It’s an excellent choice for new vapers to help them quit and it’s versatile enough that it can take people from MTL vaping to RLH vaping without needing a new tank. It’s something a new vaper can grow with for a long time.

Pros:
  • Very versatile (does MTL to RLH)
  • Very good flavor from the .6 coil. The 1.8 coil is good flavor for MTL
  • 3 ml capacity
  • Good quality threading
  • Small good looking tank
  • Can replace coils without dumping juice
  • Coil Pricing (7 dollars for a 5 pack from heavengifts.com)
Cons:
  • Coil availability (new company and not a lot of sites stocking coils. Probably can’t find them at a B&M either)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this tank? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this one leans heavily towards the yes. As a tank for quitting smoking that you can grow with or if you already vape MTL and want to try a new tank or move onto RLH vaping as well this is a great option. In a landscape where good MTL tanks are pretty rare, This one will fill that much needed hole for sure. I think many will be surprised at the flavor this tank can produce. And with coils being so cheap, it’s not a juice hog, it should be a tank that is good on the wallet. I’ll be adding this into my sheet on the tank list.

As always I am Anthony Vapes and I’m just keeping it Honest, Hopefully you all can say you are doing the same and I’ll see you on the next review

Great review bro. I got a Vapefly Nicholas coming in the mail and your review now has looking forward to getting it

VU Sponsors