Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is a sample version.

Introduction:
The Galaxies MTL Squonk RDTA is the latest RDTA from underrated manufacturer Vapefly. They don’t get a lot of hype around forums but quietly make some really nice products. Really outside of the wormhole RDA i haven’t disliked any of their atomizers and i’ve probably reviewed around 10 or so at this point. The Galaxies MTL RDTA is the follow up to their galaxies RDA now with some slight changes to the airflow and in RDTA form. The Galaxies MTL RDTA is a single coil MTL RDTA with an included squonk pin. It’s available in 4 colors SS, Black, Blue and Rainbow. Looking around online i see them priced around 30-40 USD cheapest at vapordna priced at 29.99 in the USA

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 22mm Diameter
  • Two Post, Single Terminal Build Deck
  • 1.5mm by 2mm Terminals
  • Top Mounted Hex Screws
  • Hex Screw Covered Airports
  • Removable Hex Screws For Increased Airflow
  • 3mm Dual Wicking Ports
  • 3mm Spring Loaded Juice Fill Port
  • PEEK Insulated Positive Post
  • Centrally Located Bottom Feed Port
  • Two 1mm Overflow Ports Above Squonk Pin
  • Dual Adjustable 2mm Side Air Slots
  • Adjustable by Rotating Top Cap
  • Heat Dissipating Top Cap Design
  • 6 Levels of Airflow Control
  • 3 Paired Air Holes for More Airflow
  • 3 Single Air Holes for Tighter Airflow
  • 5mm Wide 510 Delrin Drip Tip
  • Gold Plated Standard 510 Pin
  • Gold Plated Bottom Fed 510 Pin
Included in box:
  • One Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA
  • One Glass Replacement Tube
  • One 510 Drip Tip
  • One 510 Bottom Feed Contact Point
  • One Spare Parts Pack
  • One Screwdriver
  • Two Ni80 1.0ohm Pre Built Coils
  • Two Strips of Agleted Organic Cotton
  • One Manual
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RDTA i was pretty impressed with the design of it. I expected it to be similar to the galaxies RDA i reviewed recently and enjoyed and wasn’t let down in that regard. It’s not my style of vaping personally but still a simple easy to build RDTA for MTL vaping with a good 2ml capacity is nothing to scoff at and fills a much needed niche in the vaping market. Overall I was pretty happy from the start

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a very basic 2 post deck for single coils with notches and top down good quality hex screws. Similar to the ammit 25, hastur mini, wasp nano, asmodus c4 etc. nothing new but a tried and true deck that’s easy to build on. Nothing wrong with that. Just slide your leads into the slots then tighten the screws. It doesn't get much easier than that. The screws come down from the top side as well so works great with round or flat wires and won’t twist leads. They also include the same airflow adjustment screw as the galaxies RDA where you can restrict the air even more inside. Overall an excellent build deck that is really easy to build on even for beginners.

Wicking on it is quite easy. It’s an RDTA so personally I found the best way is to cut the cotton on an angle and insert it into the holes just enough to cover the holes but not to the bottom of the RDTA. I have a video here

on how I like to wick RDTAs that works excellent and the same way I wicked this RDTA.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a Single Coil RDA only as intended. I ran 4 builds in this a small fancy 3mm ID build, and 3 simple round builds ranging from 2-3mm ID. For size I found it best with a 3mm ID and whatever MTL build you like in it. The flavor is great on this one for a MTL atomizer. Probably the best i’ve had overall for MTL so far and better than the galaxies RDA which was already good for MTL. It never gets hot even when chain vaping so no hot lips mostly due to the low watt builds you use in it but it also has heat fins on the top. Overall a very good single coil MTL RDTA flavorwise.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
Let’s talk about the airflow now. The galaxies RDA was filled with airflow options and the RDTA doesn't disappoint either. It has side and bottom airflow technically but really it’s pretty much bottom as the side air is low and angled up. Really nicely done. For adjustments it has the screws on the inside to close off more air like the RDA if you want but i just left those open personally. For the outside adjustment you have 3 holes on 1 side and 6 on the other. There are 3 different size holes overall so 3 sets of 3 holes. The reason this is done is so you can use both sides of air or close off one side and both options have 3 different sizes. This allows for a pretty tight MTL vape with the smallest hole on one side only all the way to a restrictive DTL vape with both sides on the largest hole and lots of in between options as well. Very well done. Personally I enjoyed it most on the middle sized hole on both sides for a loose MTL vape. The AFC is nice and smooth and easy to adjust and is done by spinning the top cap so plenty to grip on and can be done on or off the mod. The airflow/top cap is on a stopper as well making it easy to take it on or off you mod as well as line up the holes as 1 side is closed off and all the way the other side is wide open. Very well done there.

It comes with 2 standard 510 friction fit drip tips, one is a clear PMMA tip and the other a black delrin tip. While I like both of them i felt the black is a little plain. A Resin would have been nice but i do really like the clear tips like the one included here companies are suing these days. The Drip tips both fit very well in the RDA. snug, not loose, not tight. You can use your own as well but need a o-ring style as friction fit tips may not fit well. The quality on the Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA is excellent. The o-rings for the top cap onto the base feel right and the top cap is snug but not tight. Very easy to take apart with no issues. The AFC is easy to adjust, the o-rings fit just right and everything is nicely done. The top cap does lock into place so it is easy to get on and off mods. The post screws are great quality as well and 4 spare screws are included all hex grub screws. It comes with a standard 510 pin and a BF 510 pin like most RDAs these days and both are gold plated.

The RDTA capacity is a good size as well. Only 2ml but for MTL vaping lasts quite a while and can be paired with a small squonk mod for bigger capacity. The over squonk protection is perfect since it goes right into the glass tank on the bottom so is easy to not overdo it. It won’t work as a dripper though and is made to be refilled or squonked into. To refill it there is a spring loaded fill port on the deck. You’ll need a fine tooth bottle for it and you just push down then squeeze the juice in. It works great and never gave me any issues. Very similar to the aspire revvo squonk tanks.

It’s a 22mm diameter so should not overhang on most mods on the market today. There is plenty of spare o-rings and 4 spare post screws for it, 1 triple screwdriver tool. 2 coils, and 2 pads of cotton. Good amount of accessories overall. They also clearly label the coils which is great. They are 1 ohm 26g ni80 2.5mm ID contact round wire coils. Branding is pretty nice on it. Just has a “galaxies” like design around the whole RDTA. hard to explain but the pics shows it well and I like the way it looks.

Pros:
  • 2 Standard 510 Drip Tips (PMMA and delrin)
  • gold plated standard 510 pin and squonk pin included
  • plenty of spare o-rings
  • Color Options
  • great quality hex grub post screws with spares included
  • Good over squonk protection
  • great flavor for MTL vaping
  • simple looks and branding
  • AFC is easy to adjust
  • tons of airflow options from tight MTL to restricted DTL
  • great easy to use build deck
  • nice size capacity
  • great build quality
  • Price point (under 30 USD)
  • nice easy fill method
  • included cotton and clearly labeled coils
  • top cap locks into place
  • doesn't give you hot lips
Cons:
  • friction fit 510 tips won’t work on it. Needs an o-ring tip
  • not made for dripping
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDTA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one will lean pretty heavily towards the yes. Overall it’s one of the best MTL rebuildables if not the best i’ve reviewed this year. It’s easy to build on, good capacity, and a made to use on a squonker. Really no major complaints at all from me. It’s a great performer that’s easy to build on and great quality at under 30 USD well worth a buy. It’s not my personal style at all, but MTL vapers should really give this one a hard look. I’ve added this to my sheet of recs linked down below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Vapefly

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors