Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Uwell Blocks Squonk Mod Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Uwell Blocks Squonk Mod. Please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Uwell Blocks Squonk Mod is the latest mod from popular vape manufacturer Uwell. They have been doing a great job lately with some good tanks like the nunchaku, crown 4, and crown 3, as well as a really good pod with the caliburn and a good stick mod in the nunchaku. The Blocks is a single 18650 battery protected Direct Output Squonk mod with built in charging and a massive 15ml bottle with pump system. It’s available in 3 colors Black, Grey, and Sapphire Blue. Elementvape has the mod for 54.95 so good price pint.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimensions - 93mm by 49mm by 25mm
  • Proprietary Chipset
  • Single High Amp 18650 Battery - Not Included
  • Maximum Wattage Output: 90W
  • Firing Speed: 0.008s
  • Zinc Alloy Chassis Construction
  • 15mL Shatter-Resistant Internal Squonking Capacity
  • Patented Juice Pump - 0.13mL Each Pump
  • Intuitive Firing Button
  • BF 510 Squonking Pin
  • Stainless Steel 510 Connection
  • Available in Black, Grey, and Sapphire Blue
Included in box:
  • 1 Uwell BLOCKS Squonk Box Mod
  • 1 MicroUSB Cable
  • 1 User Manual
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I was pretty interested in it because it’s been a while since I came across one of these DO (Direct output) squonk mods and it has a massive juice capacity. Largest i’ve seen in a squonk mod easily. I had to go back an entire year for the last time I reviewed one of these and it was the asmodus pumper 18. I also liked the pump system and how it was designed for 1 hand operation with a pointer finger fire and good for both lefties and righties. Only complaint I had was subjective in the blue one i got is pretty ugly and not a fan of the black either, but the grey one looks nice from the pictures IMO.

Performance
It’s a basic mod with no adjustments. I did a small round of testing using a fully charged Sony VTC5A Battery. Power output will depend on your build. With a .1 build I was able to get 87 watts (29 amps, 2.945 volts). With a .16 ohm build i got 66 Watts (3.261 volts) with a .21 ohm build I got 61 watts (3.576 volts) and with a .62 ohm build I got 24 watts (3.892 Volts). If using a rebuildable you’ll want to build for it like you would a mech squonker. It works as expected and right in line with similar mods I've reviewed recently like the Wismec Luxotic BF and the Aspire Feedlink mods. The only specs they really list are 90 watts (which i got 87 so close enough but i wouldn’t recommend going that way anyway) and minimum resistance of .1 ohms which it does. It does have USB charging and in the manual they list a rate of 1A and no passthrough. I did a quick test with an inline USB charger and got a max rate of .96A so good rating there, But that is for info reasons and i recommend only using it in a pinch and sticking to external charging for normal usage to minimize the risk of damage to your mod and batteries. Better safe than sorry!

Mod Details
As far as looks go, I think it’s a nice design overall and the paint on mine is nice, however not a fan of the panels on the blue i have or the black from the pics, it looks a bit cringy to me. I do like the looks of the grey one though. It’s a simple rectangle design with panels on each side. The fire button is on the side and has an LED for battery charge in it. It’s a pointer fire and works great right or left handed and the squonk pump can be used with your thumb for 1 hand operation. Really nice there. The fire button is nice and clicky and gave me no issues. It can handle a 25mm atomizer flush. The 510 is nice but not centered because the pump is also on the top. It’s a single 18650 battery only mod, no option for a larger size. The battery trey is accessed by pulling off the bottom cover. I haven’t seen a design like this since the ijoy lux mod circa 2016. But it works well and is easy to pop on and off and stays on with no rattle. The battery inserts easy and won’t damage wraps getting it out. To get it out there is a “push” hole on the back side to pop it out.

There is a battery meter but it’s not very well stated. The soft cell cutoff is listed at 3.2V and for the meter all that is listed is Green for high, Blue for medium, and Red for low. I with they would have given more details and/or an extra battery step for the LED. The mod also has all your standard protections.

Squonk Details
The bottle it comes with is proprietary and sadly they don’t include a spare as I wish they did. It’s a hard plastic bottle which is fine since it uses a pump system. It’s a generous 15ml capacity. The bottle is easy to remove and refill and doesn't have a cap. You just pull off the bottom cover and then pull down the bottle and refill it. Then pop it back up. Super easy to do. There is also a juice window cut into the side so you can see the juice level and the bottle is clear so really nicely done there. It uses a full pump system which they say does .13ml per pump (1st use you have to prime it) which sounds about right. Most RDAs i did about 5 pumps to rewick. In the mjolnir i’d do like 10-15 pumps to fill it up so that sounds about right. It won’t suck back juice which i know some squonk fans don’t like, personally i like the metered pump systems and find them much easier to not over squonk. Overall a really nicely done and good working squonk system with a massive capacity. My only complaint is that I wish they included a spare bottle with a cap but still it’s going to be hard for most people to kill off 15ml and there is a good chance your juice will outlast your battery.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • Nice paint job and panels
  • color options (3 total)
  • Good Size
  • no button rattle
  • works like it should
  • Massive 15ml Capacity
  • has protections
  • Nice metered Pump system
  • Nice large fire button
  • easy access to fire button and squonk pump with 1 hand
  • handles 25mm atomizers flush
  • on board 1A charging
Cons:
  • no spare bottle
  • Proprietary Bottle System
  • Battery meter could be better
  • 2 of the color options (blue and black) are ugly IMO
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one leans towards the yes. Obviously it’s not the best beginner choice since it isn’t adjustable, however if you like the non adjustable or (mech type output but with protections mods) and want something with a massive juice capacity this is the way to go. Having 15ml of juice is quite nice and really limits having to refill. I added this to my spreadsheet of recs linked down below, feel free to check those out if you are in the market for anything new.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from elementvape

Product Link
I'm a link

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors