Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Steamcrave Aromamizer Titan 41mm RDTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Steamcrave Aromamizer Titan 41mm RDTA. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Aromamizer Titan 41mm RDTA (which is a long name and will be called the titan from here on out) is a not so new RTA from long time manufacturer Steamcrave however is packaged in a kit these days with their new titan mod which i will review tomorrow. They call it an RDTA because it can be used as an RDA or RTA but the RDA part is kind of pointless so i’ll refer to it as an RTA going forward as it’s not a “true RDTA” which implies a glas tank under a RDA but is instead an RDA/RTA combo. The Titan RTA is a 41mm behemoth dual coil DTL RTA with a “lego” style deck and 28ml max capacity (not a typo it really has a 28ml capacity). It’s available in 3 colors Matte Black, SS, and Matte Gunmetal. It’s available for around 70USD on their official site or subtank supply in the US. their official site also sells it as a bundle with the titan mod for 136 USD which is about 14 USD cheaper then buying it seperate.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 41mm Diameter
  • Designed and created by Bj Shi tested by powervapers and modmakers
  • Innovative Lego modular build deck for postless/Velocity/Series option for endless coil configurations
  • Juice capacity options 18ml and 28ml with 4.5ml in reservoir for RDA mode
  • Smooth SteamCrave quality vape experience you know and love in the 41mm format
Included in box:
  • 1×Aromamizer Titan 28ml version whole unit
  • 1×Spare 28ml glass
  • 1×18ml shorty chimney
  • 2×18ml shorty glass
  • 2×Post for Velocity style modular
  • 1×Post for series modular
  • 1×Vape band
  • 1×Ultem drip tip
  • 1×Allen Key
  • 1x Pack of Spare O ring and grub screws
Pictures Album:
album

Initial Impressions
Well this one gets a fun story time because my initial impressions go back about a year. It’s a funny thing to review a product i’ve owned for so long but i never did a formal review because it wasn’t sent to me for review. But a buddy of mine did get a review sample back when it was first released which was late 2018/early 2018 and since it wasn’t his cup of tea he gave me his when he was done with the review. I also helped another reviewer before i had one in my hand via facetime explaining the deck for him to do his review on ti as well and was offered one from him but i declined it since i knew my other buddy was already sending me one. So why now? Well they sent me it because they released a new mod that is made to handle a tank of these massive proportions and they sell it as a bundle so they sent me both the RTA and the mod and I wasn’t really expecting the RTA but since it was sent for review might as well do a formal review, but it’s been on my spreadsheet of recs for quite some time now and i used it quite a bit before that but nonetheless it’s a RTA that isn’t made for everybody but something that i enjoy using myself at times.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. This is going to be a bit long due to the options they label as a “lego style” deck. So let's break it down option by options. All decks use good quality hex grub screws which are my personal favorite. Since the screws do come in on the side it’ll twist your wire leads so you may want to pre-twist them as i do.

• Postless deck - this functions like a regular postless deck and it has a massive amount of space. Personally i like to run dual 4mm ID coils 5mm leads and some hefty coils as this is a high watt RTA. pictured above in the album is a 7 wrap 4mm ID dual coil build of some AVS hex core fused claptons. With the air in this RTA it’s a 150+ watt build as your going to want to vape 100+ in this RTA. you can also run triple coils on this deck option and this is my favorite of the 3 and triple coils work quite well. You can fit up to about a 6mm ID in duals but for triples will want to max out around 3mm ID. since the screws do come in on the

• Velocity style - to use the velocity posts just insert them in the middle holes and tighten them down via the screws. This deck then offers a few build options. It’ll max out at 4mm ID but it’s tight so 3-3.5mm may be preferred to many. You have the option of using it as a straight velocity using the 2 holes in each post so every lead gets its own hole which is great and coils can be installed one at a time or you can use one lead in the postless section and 1 lead in velocity post as well. Whatever you prefer

• series deck - the series deck is similar to the velocity in building but instead of 2 holes it has 1 notch on the top. To use the series deck insert the included insulators into the series post and into the middle hole of the deck which turns the middle posts into a neutral post. You can squeeze a 4mm ID but 3-3.5mm ID is preferred for me personally. So what’s the point of a series deck? It’s for use in series mods where you want your resistance to be higher for safe limits so for example say you have some .2 ohm coils. If you run them in the postless deck you’ll have half the resistance since dual coil at a .1 ohm which is way too low to use on a series mech however if you use the series deck it makes it 1 large coil so you’d have a .4 ohm resistance with the same coils which is fine to use on the series mech with good 25A batteries (Sony VTC5A) something series/parallel like a hog V3 which is a popular quad battery mech can be ran as low as a .22 ohm with some sony VTC5A batteries in it. So that’s the point of the series deck. Obviously not for everyone but if you use series mechs i’m not aware of any series RTAs on the market especially 41mm ones.
So overall I love all the options on this deck but personally prefer running the postless deck with 2 or 3 large coils in it and the series deck is nice to run for series mechs so i love all the options.

Wicking on this one is super easy. It wicks pretty well so you don’t need to go super thin on your wicks. Just place them in the wick holes and you’ll be good to chain vape. I make sure to use a little extra coton to fill up the area if only using dual coils but triple fills it quite nicely. If you underwick it you can always use the JFC to lower it to compensate which is nice.

Performance
Performance wise, I’ve used it as a dual coil RTA in both parallel and series and for triple coils and all 3 decks. I can’t even count how many builds i’ve used in this since I used it quite a bit when i first got it over a year ago. This RTA though pumps out some serious flavor but only if your going to put 150+ watt builds in it. Really needs a triple battery or quad battery to use it. Again not for everyone but if your a fan of high watt vaping the flavor on this is intense and really in a class of it’s own but be aware you're going to get huge clouds too with that. It’s not for smaller builds or round wire builds at all. Really needs your thickest heaviest fancy builds with lots of wraps and a large ID. Overall it’s a great RTA for flavor but only for a niche group of vapers.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a side airflow RTA with 2 large air holes equally spaced apart that has the honeycomb 19 air holes on the inside, that you can adjust from the outside. The AFC is harder to adjust then it should be though. Oddly there is no knurling or grip on the AFC and it is tight. It’s not on a stopper either. This should have been better done by adding some bumps to grip it. The outside has 1 large hole, 1 larger hole, and 1 even larger hole hole that thins out for full open or closing off the top and bottom row of the honeycomb. Personally i like it fully open anyway but wish it was easier to adjust. The air is nice and smooth, no whistle on any setting but it’s really full on airy DTL and not for people who want a restrictive DTL vape like their glaz RTA

The top fill is your standard screw off top cap.It works great as there is lots of metal and has knurling for grip to spin it off easily and the threading is excellent. The fill holes are large and can be filled with any type of bottle and you can just pour it in from a glass bottle. There is a good amount of accessories that come with it, It comes with a standard 810 ultem o-ring drip tip and a Delrin 810 drip tip, no 510 tip or adapter though which makes sense for this type of RTA. The drip tip fits nice. Not too snug but not too loose and you can use any of your own tips 810 o-ringed drip tips however many of the friction fit ones i tried are too loose or slip right out so o-ringed 810 tips only for this. It comes with 4 total tanks as well, 2 standard 28ml tanks and 2 shorter 18ml tanks with the included adapter, plenty of glass in this one. The Titan 41mm RTA also includes plenty of extra o-rings, 18 spare post screws (all hex grub screws about half are black and half are SS), 4 insulators for the series deck, plus the series deck and velocity deck posts, a vape band, and a tri-tool with 2 hex keys and 1 flathead screwdriver but no coils or cotton came in mine. Would have been nice to include coils and cotton but not a big deal.

The quality on the Steamcrave Titan 41mm RTA is great. All the threading is really nice and smooth, there is texture almost everywhere it should be. Easy to take apart but comes apart in many pieces and you can remove the deck with a full tank which is nice like the smaller V2, supreme, and plus versions. My only complaints is the JFC and AFC being too hard to adjust quality wise. The coloring on the matte black is nice as is the SS one. I’ve never seen the gun metal in person. It’s a 41mm diameter RTA with nothing that bulges out so it’s going to overhang pretty much any mod on the market. Outside of the hog V3 mech (i think they have a V4 now as well) and the liasmo F4 (i own 2) which was discontinued the only other mod i know of for it is their titan PWM mod i’m reviewing tomorrow so if you don’t like overhang, be prepared to buy a new mod as well. The 28ml capacity is just massive. No way around that it’s one of the largest capacity RTAs on the market obviously. You can make it a little shorter using the included glass and adapter for a 18ml capacity and can remove the glass and adapter for a no glass “RDA” style with a 5ml juice well but not sure why anyone would. There is a JFC which is nice but it’s a bit hard to adjust. I had no leaking or flooding issues and it handled chain vaping really good as well. Branding is not too bad. Nothing on the outside but on the top of the top cap is engraved in matching color “steamcrave aromamizer titan RDTA” i don’t mind it too much since the color matches but would have preferred it not to exist

Pros:
  • Great Build Quality
  • 2 Standard 810 Drip Tips included (needs o-ring drip tips)
  • good quality hex head grub post screws
  • large fill holes
  • Great threading
  • 28ml, 18ml, and 5ml capacity options
  • plenty of spare o-rings and 18 spare post screws
  • Simple screw off top fill design
  • great texture almost everywhere it’s needed
  • easy to wick
  • Flavor is really good but needs really high watt builds
  • 3 color options
  • easy to build on build decks
  • postless and velocity style deck options included
  • series deck included
  • 4 total glass tanks included
Cons:
  • some cotton and coils would have been nice
  • AFC is hard to adjust
  • JFC is hard to adjust
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one i’m going to lean pretty heavy towards the yes but with a disclaimer it’s not for everyone by any means. It’s for a niche group of high watt vapers and really needs a triple or quad battery mod and if you don’t like overhang there are only a couple of mod options to pair it with. There aren’t many 41mm RTAs on the market and this deck of this really shines and makes it one of the best 41mm RTAs on the market and it’s worth a look if you can overlook the cons. This has been on my sheet of recs linked down below for months already so no need to add it again

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Steamcrave

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love this long haul kit.... Thanks for the review !!!!
a4655f75c665f86e839a922105a9443c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah buddy it holds a lot.....Good Review Anthony..... I still like Sir Richard Rear..... The best .... Ha ha.......tapatalk_1536263247308.jpeg
a8d8cec52964f8855c1d673c3550bc48.jpg
57a7fc0c0e9802780e61542008df8e52.jpg
74f1eb020376729dfffe828919797d9c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
IMAGES THANKS TO " GADGET "......
9bb9720b2b145dbb5082ad1b451e2042.jpg

VU Sponsors