Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Steam Crave Glaz Mini MTL RTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Steamcrave Glaz Mini MTL RTA . Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Steamcrave Glaz Mini MTL RTA is the latest RTA from somewhat popular manufacturer Steamcrave. They have quietly made some of the best rebuildable atomizers on the market and have been doing so for a long time. They aren’t very well known but do have a loyal fanbase. They don’t pump out a lot of products either but when they do make one, it’s usually good with only a few exceptions. The original Glaz RTAs were 30+mm RTAs for DTL vaping. The Glaz mini is a small 23mm RTA for MTL vaping. It’s a standard 2ml capacity RTA with regular glass only but includes a metal expansion for 5ml capacity. It’s available in 2 colors Black and SS and looking around online i see it pre-order ogg their site for around 40 bucks but vapordna has them in stock in the US for 35 bucks. So good price point there and pretty standard for steam crave.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 23mm Diameter
  • Threaded Top Fill
  • 2ml Standard Glass Tank Section E-Juice Capacity
  • 5ml Bubble Glass Tank Section E-Juice Capacity
  • Glass Chimney
  • Adjustable Bottom Airflow
  • Knurled Design
  • 4 Airflow holes
  • 510 Drip Tip
  • Threaded 510 Pin
Included in box:
  • One Glaz Mini RTA
  • One Spare 2ml Glass Tank Section
  • One Spare Chimney Glass
  • One 5ml Stainless Steel Tank Extension
  • One Allen Key
  • Spare Parts Pack
  • User Manual
  • Steam Crave Sticker
Picture Album:
album

Initial Impressions
When I first got this RTA it was pretty much what I expected. MTL RTAs are the popular rebuildables these days. They took the glaz 30mm concept and shrunk it down to a 23mm atomizer for MTL vaping. On top of that I've had pretty much every steam crave RDTA made in the past 4-5 years or so and their style doesn't change much. I liked the look and concept of it for sure even if MTL vaping isn’t really my thing.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. Much like Some newer MTL RTAs The Glaz mini goes full old-school style, taking a page out of some older products. The deck is very similar to the deck of the Berserker V1.5 mini and the hastur mini for example. It adopts a simple two post design with one post on each side, so when you wrap your coils, you’ll need your leads to be in opposite directions. They secure using the screw head to lock the leads into place against the posts. It works, but there are better decks out these days; I would have gone with a clamp system instead or something like the waps nano, mjolnir, ammit 25 etc. The screw heads are quite large and the Phillips head screws are of high-quality, so no complaints on that. However, personally I'm not a fan of Phillips head screws and the spares are the same. I wish they included some flat head or hex screws. The heads of the screws are big enough to cover the whole post which has raised edges, so your wire doesn’t slide out when installing. Overall, it’s a simple build deck that works but it’s a bit outdated in design as in there are newer better versions of it.

Wicking on this one is super easy. It wicks very well so no tips or tricks really needed. Just fluff up your cotton and put it in the dedicated wick holes. Doesn't need to be super thin. Just make sure not to overstuff and you will be good.

Performance and Airflow
It’s a bottom airflow RTA with 4 tiny holes on the inside under the coil, and for the intake holes there is only 1 on one side that you can adjust from the outside like many RTAs. There are 4 sizes and you can only use 1 at a time. In the smallest hole it’s a tight MTL and the largest hole it’s a solid MTL. It’s for people who like their MTL vape on the tight side. No loose MTL option on this. The AFC is nice and smooth and on a stopper and has nice knurling for grip and very easy to adjust.

Performance wise, I used it as a single coil RTA only obviously. It’s made for smaller coils and fits only about a 2.5mm ID max spacewise. I found it to have good flavor compared to other MTL RTAs I've used recently. Just as good as the berserker V1.5 mini. If you like MTL flavor the flavor on this won’t disappoint at all.

Misc RTA information, Build Quality, and Filling/capacity
The top fill is standard screw off top cap with nice knurling for grip and nice threading and it has 4 large fill holes so very easy to open and fill. All the threading is really nice on this RTA and it’s easy to take apart and put together. Really nice quality. There is also a good amount of accessories that come with it, It comes with only 1 drip tip sadly though which is a standard 510 metal/delrin tip. I wish they would have included a 2nd option but you can use any of your own 510 tips. It comes with 2 standard glass tanks. They are the same size and 2ml standard but they also included a metal adapter that makes the RTA a little taller for a 5ml capacity. I like that option while using the same glass size. They also include a spare glass for the chamber since this RTA uses a glass (hence the name glaz) chamber so you can see your coil at all times. Plenty of extra o-rings and 2 spare post screws as well and a tri-tool screwdriver. No cotton or coils though.

The quality on the Glaz Mini RTA is excellent. All the threading is really nice and smooth. It’s a 23mm diameter RTA with nothing that bulges out. It’s also one of the shorter RTAs as well at 40mm including the drip tip and 510 pin. The extra extension for the 5ml capacity adds about 10mm to the height. The 2ml capacity is good for a MTL RTA but the 5ml capacity is excellent. There is no JFC and it doesn't need one. I had no leaking or flooding issues and it handled chain vaping pretty good as well. Branding is nice and simple. Nothing on the outside at all if using the standard config for 2ml. The adapter for 5ml has an engraved in matching color steam crave logo on one side and glaz mini pure MTL RTA on the other side.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • good quality post screws
  • price point (under 40 bucks)
  • large fill holes
  • great threading
  • nice easy to build and wick deck
  • plenty of spare accessories
  • good flavor for a MTL RTA
  • nice smooth AFC
  • no whistle or loud air on any setting
  • love the top fill design
  • really short and small
  • 4 air options and made for a tight MTL
  • 2ml and 5ml capacity options without using bubble glass
Cons:
  • not a fan of Phillips head screws personally
  • build deck design is outdated
  • Only 1 drip tip included
  • lack of color options (2)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one is going to lean heavy towards the yes. I had to be pretty picky with my cons and they were all personal preference really and not anything wrong with the RTA itself. What we have is an affordable and small MTL RTA that’s easy to build, has good flavor, easy to wick, and really does a tight MTL which is something many MTL vapers have been asking for. I’ll be adding this to my sheet of recs linked down below

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Steam Crave

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors