Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Smoant Naboo Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Smoant Naboo Kit. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This marked as a sample.
Introduction:
The Smoant Naboo Kit is the latest kit from vape community popular manufacturer Smoant. They aren't one of the most popular overall but they have been making some really good mods over the past few years and made a few of my favorite ones this year as well like the charon mini and battlestar mini. The Smoant Naboo Kit is a kit is a kit that includes a dual 18650 Naboo mod rated at 225 watts and includes the Naboo Mesh tank as well. It’s available in 7 colors Black, Pink, Green, Rainbow, SS, Gradient Blue and Red. Looking around online i see the kit priced around 50-60USD and currently 57.95 at elementvape in the US.

Manufacturer's Specs: Mod
  • Smoant Ant225 Chipset
  • Dimensions - 91mm by 48mm by 31mm
  • Dual 18650 High-Amp Batteries - Not Included
  • Wattage Output Range: 1-225W
  • Voltage Input Range: 6.0-8.4V
  • Ni200, Titanium, Stainless Steel Compatible
  • Resistance Range: 0.1-3.0ohm
  • Temperature Control Range: 100°-300°C / 200°-600°F
  • Variable Temperature Control: Ni200 / Titanium / Stainless Steel / TCR
  • Durable Zinc-Alloy Construction
  • Intuitive 2.4" TFT Color Display
  • Touch Adjustment Buttons
  • Unique User Interface Modes: Classic, Dial, & Music
  • Independent Lock Button
  • Tactile Feedback - Vibration-enabled Buttons
  • Large Intuitive Firing Button
  • Dedicated Lock/Unlock Button
  • Magnetized Battery Door
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • Reverse Protection
  • Over-Current Protection
  • Over-Heating Protection
  • Over-Time Protection
  • Micro USB Charging Port - 1.5A Max Balanced Charging
  • Centered 510 Connection
  • Available in Rainbow, Red, Stainless Steel, Black
Manufacturers Spec: Tank
  • 25mm Diameter
  • 4.0mL Maximum Capacity
  • Superior 304 Stainless Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • Smoant Naboo Coil Family
  • 0.18ohm Mesh OCC - rated for 40-80W
  • 0.17ohm Mesh OCC - rated for 60-100W
  • Knurled Threaded Top Fill System
  • Knurled Dual Adjustable Bottom Airflow
  • 810 Wide Bore Resin Drip Tip
  • Detachable Structure
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connection
  • Available in Red, Stainless Steel, Rainbow, and Black
Included in box:
  • 1 Naboo 225W Mod
  • 1 Naboo Sub-Ohm Tank
  • 1 4.0mL Bubble Glass Tube
  • 1 2.0mL Spare Glass Tube
  • 1 Extra Mesh Coil
  • 1 Micro USB Cable
  • 2 User Manual
  • 1 Battery Warning Card
  • 1 Warranty Card
  • 1 Certificated Card
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I really liked the design but i’m also going to come out and say this that smoant and vaporesso have been releasing very similar mods at the same time lately. Their charon mini was very similar to the polar and now this naboo is very similar to the luxe. Not a big deal but quite interesting for sure. I did get to see both these mods months ago at ECC as well so probably just a coincidence but funny nonetheless. Either way though i love the massive 2.4” color screen which i believe is now the biggest on the market as the biggest used to be the polar, charon mini, and proton with a 2” color screen. It also has haptic feedback touch buttons like the luxe and revenger x mods. I like it but some may prefer physical buttons. Overall though really nice simple and symmetrical design with a centered 510 pin.

Watt Mode Performance (chart and spreadsheet in picture album)
Now let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. I used Sony VTC5A batteries for the testing. Testing resistances were done at .12, .14, .2, and .59 ohms. wattage points were max (225), 200, 150, 100, 75, 50 and 25. At .12 ohms it maxed out at 212 watts and 42 amps. For the rest of the testing it was slightly low 2-5 watts except 100 where it was on point and 25 where it was 2 watts high. No struggle there which is really nice as many mods struggle at that resistance. At .14 it maxed out at 239 watts. The rest of the testing was a little on the high side 2-6 watts except at 200 where it was 14 high. For the .2 test it maxed out at 206 watts. Again a little on the high side 4-7 watts at 100 or less and 11 watts at 150. For the .59 testing it maxed out at 97 watts and 7.574 volts. For the rest of the testing it hit high 4-9 watts. The volts shows there is no boost circuit in this mod like many dual battery mods.

Overall I felt the performance of this mod was really good. It didn’t struggle with the .12 ohm build which many mods do. It mostly hits slightly high overall so i’d suggest starting your power about 10 watts lower than normal. I was able to get 239 watts max, so I consider it to be accurately rated at 225 watts even a little underrated. The 7.574 volt limit shows there is no boost circuit. Their manual does not list a voltage limit or amp limit and I wish they would list all 3 personally. On this mod and the most amps i got was 42 with a .12 ohm coil which is a little above average for a dual battery mod (average is around 40 these days). Personally If i was listing the specs I’d call the mod 240 watts, 8V and 40A. So overall good performer and accurately rated for watts

Simplified TLDR Power Performance summary
Mod performance is really good. Mostly hits few watts off on the high side. Accurately rated for watts (239), No boost circuit, above average amp limit of 42. Volts tested at 7.574 so pretty expected from a non boost mod.

Temperature Control Performance
Using SS316 wire in SS mode and in TCR mode, I tested 8 builds. 2 simple round single coil, 2 simple round dual Coil, 2 large fancy single coils builds, and 2 large fancy dual coil builds. Personally I found it best in TCR mode with the TCR set to 110. That made it feel the most accurate to me with a warm vape in the 450ish range as it should be which allows plenty of room for adjustment if you want a cooler or hotter vape. You can also adjust your wattage for ramp as well to the full amount of watts. Very well done there. Overall it’s a great performer as i’ve come to expect from smoant mods. The throttle is smooth and not pulsey. It’s consistent, no dry hits. The ramp is good no complaints there and overall just a really nice vape in TC mode so well done there.

Other Usage Notes
The mod uses a standard 5 click of the fire button to turn on and off. Under the fire button there is another button that you use to lock or unlock the adjustment touch buttons. Holding that button down turns stealth mode on or off. You use 3 clicks of fire to enter the menu which is very nice and well laid out and the same as the cylon and charon mini. Smoant always does a nice menu. It’s very easy to operate. Modes are power (with normal, hard, and soft preheat) , and TC for Ni, Ti, and SS and TCR mode. There is also watt curve mode and temp curve mode as well. Overall easy to use menu and mod. You can also set custom wallpapers via their software. u/AnTi90d

made a great tutorial here on how to do that.

The Smoant Naboo adjusts by .1 watt increments under 100 watts and full watt increments 100 or more. If you hold the adjustment button it does full watts under 100 as well and scrolls pretty fast. Overall well done there and fast and easy to adjust but i’m not a fan of .1 watt increments over 20 watts. The mod itself is built solid with no rattle at all, and has a nice weight to it where it’s not heavy but not light. Feels really good in the hand. The Battery door is a standard magnetic back plate and It’s easy to get batteries in and out without damaging wraps and takes (2)18650 batteries. The backplate fits really well with no play and the batteries come out and in easy without a ribbon like their charon mini mod

There paint on the mod is very nice as well. I have the rainbow one personally and it’s shiny and looks great but does fingerprint magnet. The fire button is nice large and clicky fire button on the side of the mod that is a pointer finger fire in the right hand with screen facing away from your palm. It works well and It never gets stuck or anything though which is as it should be and is really comfy to use and you can fire it by squeezing the mod. The 510 pin gave me no issues and every atomizer i used on it worked great with no gaps. The mod handles a 25mm atomizer with no issues and the 510 is centered. The screen is a massive 2.4” color screen that looks great. It’s bright and easy to see. Also for branding the mod itself there is a small smoant logo above the screen in white and a Naboo Logo on the back on the bottom small and in white. Nicely branded overall. They list a charging rate of 1.5A but i don’t recommend charging internally in your mods and I don’t test charge rates of devices like this due to that.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Naboo Tank Rundown
Ok so now a quick rundown of the tank, I normally don’t get too crazy in detail with included tanks like this one but lets go over the basics. It’s a 25mm diameter tank . It comes with a 4ml bubble tank and a 2ml standard tank. So pretty small capacities It uses a standard 810 drip tip with o-rings. The one in the rainbow kit is a rainbow snakeskin resin so nice overall looking. It uses a screw off top fill which i love and has 2 large fill holes. The AFC is easy to adjust and has 2 large air holes equally spaced apart and is on a stopper. no complaints about the tank itself and a standard tank you see on the market from many companies in kits.

Now for the important part, the coil performance. There is no RBA deck so you are limited to the coil options only. I used the 2 coils that came with the kit. The 1st coil was the .18 ohm mesh coil It was good at around 65-75 watts and flavor was average nothing great but not bad but sadly it died almost instantly only lasting 16ml of usage so poor life. Next was the .17 ohm mesh coil which was good at around 75-85 watts and the flavor was again just ok and it lasted 52ml so better then the 1st coil but still below average for what i expect from a 75 watt coil. Overall it’s a pretty meh tank. Nothing really worthwhile but on par with most tanks that come in kits. Personally I’d not bother buying the tank seperate or in the kit really.

Pros:
  • Power mode performance great
  • Accurately rated for watts (239)
  • great amp limit (42)
  • batteries are easy to get in and out without damaging wraps
  • nice fire button
  • handles 25mm atomizers without overhang
  • easy to adjust wattage quickly
  • color options (7)
  • Easy to use Menu
  • TCR mode
  • Full watt adjustments in TC
  • Massive color screen
  • nice fire button
  • good TC performance
  • Good Volt Limit for a non boost circuit mod
  • Nice build quality
  • Nice paint job
  • touch buttons work great
  • easy to lock touch buttons
  • custom wallpaper
  • watt curve mode
  • preheat options
Cons:
  • Included Tank performance wasn't good
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no but the mod itself has to lean very heavy towards the yes. I really couldn’t find anything wrong with it. It was a pleasure to review does everything it promises works great in power and TC mode and is overall just a great mod. The tank however it’s very samey samey with many tanks on the market and not really worth the extra money. Your better off with the mod itself and buying a better tank to pair with it in my opinion. This mod will be on my best of 2018 for sure when i do that in late January. I’ll be adding the mod to my spreadsheet of recs linked down below but won’t be adding the tank.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from smoant

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors