Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: S-Body Vapedroid C3D1 Mod Tech Review. Triple 18650 DNA250 Mod

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a double DNA review. Today with the triple 18650 vapedroid C3D1 from S-body and the single 18650 sqounk VTinbox from Hcigar. Disclaimer: Both products were sent from elementvape.com for this review.

S-Body Vapedroid C3D1
Introduction:

The C3D1 is a triple 18650 DNA 250 chipped mod. It has a more oval shape to it and can handle 30mm atomizers without overhang. They also have a 2 battery version the C2D1 so don’t confuse the 2 of them. They all come with a black body but different color accent stickers. It has a rear magnetic battery door and very little visible branding on it.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Triple 18650 Battery Platform - Batteries Not Included
  • Wattage Output Range: 1-250 Watts
  • Voltage Output Range: 0.5-9.3 Volts
  • Temperature Range: 200-600F
  • Min Kanthal Resistance: 0.2ohm
  • Min Temperature Resistance: 0.1ohm
  • Patented Evolv DNA250 Chip
  • Intuitive 0.91 Inch OLED Display
  • Soft Curvature Contour
  • High-Quality Zinc Alloy Construction
  • Interchangeable Anti-Slip Panels
  • Magnetized Battery Cover
  • Reverse Protection System
  • Upgradeable Escribe Software
  • 97% Output Efficiency
  • Cell-by-Cell Monitoring
  • Cell Balancer
  • Atomizer Protection
  • Low Resistance Protection
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Overheat Protection
  • Low Voltage Step Down Protection
  • 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 S-Body Vapedroid C3D1
  • 1 USB Cable
  • 1 Warranty card and user manual
Pictures and test results
Test Chart:
ORq3Y6J.png

Spreadsheet:
gmggqsB.png

Stock Shot :
s-body_vapedroid_c3d1_dna250_tc_box_mod_all_colors__1.jpg

Battery tray:
vWoFokT.jpg

Handcheck:
Y7HPI1O.jpg

Size comparison:
le07Ce6.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I really liked the shape of it. It’s symmetrical with a front screen so can be used in both right or left hand easily and it’s a thumbfire mod. It has some weight to it and feels kinda heavy and well built. It’s solid with no button rattle. The buttons have a nice feel to them and it has stickers that feel kinda like a rubber with texture on them for grip. I like that it can take a 30mm with no overhang and has a flat top that isn’t raised up like the triad 250 for example. The battery tray is nice and easy to get batteries in and out without damaging wraps. The door is solid with no play but if you don’t tuck the ribbon in it can get in the way and cause wobble so make sure to tuck in the ribbon like the pic above.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. Resistances for this mod’s testing were done at .11, .15, .2 and .54 for the high resistance test. The mod read resistance Live and is accurate. The wattage testing points were max watts (250) 200, 150, 100, 75, 50 and 25. At .11 ohms the mod maxed out at 241 watts due to the amp limit of 47 which is in line with most triplle battery mods (usually around 40-50). More towards the high side.The rest of the testing it ran between 5 low and in 1 watt high depending on the settings. At the .15 test it maxed out at 248 and ran from 4 watts low to 1 watt high depending on the setting. For the .2 test it maxed out at 256 and ran from 1 watt low to 6 watts high. For the high resistance test of .54 it maxed out at 173 watts and 9.678 volts. For the rest of the testing it was 2-12 watts high. My max wattage overall was 256 so it does reach the 250 promised.The max amps (47) is a little short of the advertised 55 but still very good. Maybe in Lipo config the chip can do it. The 9.678 volts is very impressive and above the stated 9.3 limit it claims. The mod never got hot or warm in my testing. overall one of the cooler running mods out there. The output was smooth and consistent.It’s a very good performer in power mode. It’s accurate and meets it’s specs to my satisfaction. Overall I find this to be an excellent performer in power mode.

Temperature Control
Using SS316 wire with the default SS316 profile. I tested 7 builds ranging from single round spaced single and dual coils, to fancy single coil and Fancy dual coil builds. Using SS316 wire in SS316 mode using the factory SS profile i really don’t know what is left to say about the DNA chip that hasn’t been said already. It’s a fantastic performer and one of the top 3 chips for temp control in vaping. You can also use any wire type you want save for kanthal and nichrome. The use of escribe can let you adjust your vape as well but it’s not really needed for SS316 wire. The default profile does a fantastic job! If you are into temp control it’s hard to not want a DNA. it feels accurate, consistent, and the throttle is smooth. Best between 400-480 depending on how hot you like it.

Other Usage Notes
I Didn’t do a disassembly of this mod as nothing from usage or testing showed any issues. The 510 pin on the mod seems really good. No issues using any atomizer on it. The battery tray is really nice and easy to get batteries in and out without damaging wraps. The door feels solid and thick and has no play in it. Just make sure the ribbon doesn't get in the way as that can cause some wobble in the door. It feels really nice and comfortable to hold. I like the rubber-ish stickers on it. The fact it can handle a 30mm atomizer without overhang is a huge plus. And it’s the only DNA mod i’m aware of with this oval shape design. It’s not flashy or anything just a basic and good looking mod that feels great and looks great. It still has the basic drawbacks of the DNA250 chip such as small screen compared to other mods of late, not so easy to use menu system, the need for escribe to program chip (aka lack of on mod adjustments) and the default profiles from the factory aren’t very good. 5 Ni200 profiles, 1 SS316, 1 power, and 1 Ti.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • Watt Mode Performance
  • Temp Mode Performance
  • Good quality 510 pin
  • Looks and style
  • 30mm without overhang
  • comfortable shape
  • Battery tray
Cons:
  • need PC to program
  • Default profiles should be better
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not? I don’t like to do hard yes or no. but this one is going to lean heavily towards the yes. As a temp control mod it’s one of the best and realistically speaking i’ve yet to find a non DNA triple battery mod with good temp control. As a power mode mod while DNA doesn't offer anything special in that department the lack of really good triple battery mods makes it a good choice for that as well. There really isn’t a really good triple battery mod on the market that isn’t a DNA one that i’m aware of or have used. So if you are in the market for a triple 18650 mod this is one of the best for both power and temp mode especially if you like 30mm atomizers. Also evolv warranty service is one of the best in the business with a 1 year warranty and they actually respond. I’ll be adding this mod to my list.
This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank Elementvape for sending me these mods for review.

The VTinbox is available for 84.95 here https://www.elementvape.com/hcigar-vt-inbox-dna75-squonk-box all colors in stock.

And the C3D1 is available for 137.95 here https://www.elementvape.com/s-body-vapedroid-c3d1-dna250-tc-box-mod all colors in stock.

I want to thank you guys for reading as always.

VU Sponsors