Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Motivape Moti Pod Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Motivape Moti Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Motivape Moti Pod kit is the first pod kit from new manufacturer Motivape. The Moti is a simple tall skinny caliburn like style AIO Pod with refillable pods or pre filled pods and a built in 500mah battery and is inhale to fire. It’s available in 10 colors which they don’t list out on their site I'm just judging by the pictures but has most of the basic offerings like black, rainbow, blue red white and some others like yellow and pink. They sell on their site directly for 27.95-29.95 but i see a few US sites that sell the starter kit at 23-28USD as well with them in stock already.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Draw-activated
  • Integrated 500mAh rechargeable battery
  • LED indicator
  • Magnetic base connection to keep MOTI pods secured in place
  • Charge time: ~50 minutes
  • Dimensions: 115mm x 20mm x 10mm
  • Provides protection against short circuits, low voltage, low resistance, and overheating
  • 10-second safety cutoff
  • Micro USB Recharging Port
Coil/Pod Details (1 option)
  • Up to 650-800 puffs per juice tank
  • 1.8mL Juice Capacity
  • Resistance Range: 1.2Ω - 1.5Ω
  • 6th-generation honeycomb ceramic core
  • Pre-filled for MOTI closed system
Included in box:
  • MOTI device
  • One refillable pod or 1 prefilled tobacco flavored pod (depending which version)
  • USB charger cable
  • Detailed user's manual
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Moti is simple tall skinny stick styled AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares, but those are sold separately and the coils are built into the pods so you replace the whole pod like a caliburn, renova zero or innokin EQ. Design wise it’s very similar to a JUUL or a caliburn and they also offer pre filled pods as well. It’s a really small size all things considered. There is no adjustable air as well like most pods. Not a big deal but it is cool when pods have adjustable air but not really the standard these days yet so just a bonus when it has that. It has an average capacity of 1.8ml (so TPD compliant). The battery is listed at 500mah and has built in USB charging they surprisingly don’t list a charge rate or time which most do but they do list a charge time of around 50 mins. I tested this 2 times with an inline USB meter and for the charge rate it charges at .48A max so close enough to be rated at .5A. It charges full in about 60 minutes so good enough charge rate and close enough to their listing. Battery size wise i got 460-475mah so no complaints there. Nothing way overstated from what they list it as, which is all i’m looking for so good ratings. It does have passthrough vaping as well like most so u can hit it while it’s charging. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the pod itself but is removable to fill which i’ll explain in a bit.

The Moti is very nicely built, but very lightweight as well. Paint wise i have the rainbow which is a shiny rainbow body. It's your pretty standard rainbow color. I think it looks nice and shows no signs of wearing either but I'm sure some would prefer a more basic solid color which they have as well. The pods attach to the battery via a magnet system and are easy to get in and out and fit really well so good job there and fit it nicely with no wiggle or play. To remove the pod just pull it out. The filling is pretty basic. It’s just like the calburn as well. You pull off the mouthpiece from the rest of the pod, then remove the rubber plug and there are 2 fill holes. They are a good size but i wish they were slightly bigger so a fine point bottle could fit in it but instead it’s around the same size as one so you just push it against the hole. Still i had no issues refilling.

Usage is pretty easy. It’s an inhale to fire device with no buttons. There are no modes or settings. I had no issues with the air sensor at all or misfires. The LED is on the middle of the front but a little dim and in a hard to see spot. I wish with devices like this the LED was on the bottom front to make it easier to see and large and bright. When vaping it’s only 1 color which is white and it’ll flicker instead of saying lit when it’s low but they don’t specify what low is and it’s only 2 step. It should really have 4 steps and a better battery meter. The pod is half covered but it’s also clear which is nice. You can see the juice levels on the side. When it’s half empty though you need to tilt it to see if there is juice still. I wish it had a juice window.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Coil Performance and details
The Moti Pod Kit comes with 1 Pod sadly. All kits should always include 2 coils/pods. There is only 1 coil option which is listed above. There are 2 kit options, 1 that includes an empty refillable pod and 1 that includes a prefilled tobacco flavor 5% mg pod. They sent me the one with the refillable pod but also included a bunch of prefilled flavors. With the 1 refillable pod I got, I used all 50/50 nic salt juices 20-24 mg nicotine. The draw is a solid MTL. it’s not super tight but not too loose. A little tighter than most of the pods I've tried. Flavorwise though it falls into the just vapebale. It’s not bad but it’s not good either. It also diminished pretty quickly and lasted 1 pod then went to even less and the pod burned out at around 6ml so in short not good on flavor and not good on coil life

Then they sent me a bunch of pre filled pods to try. The flavors I received are menthol, tobacco, mango ice, watermelon ice, lemon tea, cool melon, mung bean, and mint. They are all 5% like JUUL pods. Off the bat I don't like plain tobacco or menthol. Not something I want to suffer through again. I tried a few of the “ice” ones and the menthol was so strong it just punches your throat. Doesn't mean it’s bad, it’s just not something I can enjoy vaping and I wasn’t going to make my throat suffer. If you like a super strong menthol you’ll probably like them. Then I tried mung bean, which is something I've eaten many times and was curious and figured it wouldn’t have menthol since it’s not an ice but man was I wrong, heavy menthol throat punched me once again. Overall, I can’t really judge the pre filled pods too much because they are all either flavors i don’t like like tobacco or are way too strong of a menthol for my liking and I don't like the throat hit of menthol, but i will say if you do like a strong menthol with fruit, you would likely enjoy them.

Motivape Mojo
They also sent me on of their mojo pods. It’s the small redish one in the pics. I figured I'd just go over it in a small section here as it’s not enough to go over in a review by itself. The mojo is a fully disposable system. No charging, no USB, no refill or replaceable pods. You just vape it until it’s out of juice then recycle it. I’m gonna say 1st off i’m not a fan of that style. I mean it could serve a purpose as maybe a quick fix type of thing to get you by but most people will throw them out and it creates a lot of waste. With that aside, i have some dislikes about the device itself. 1st off you can't see how much juice is in it ever so you are just guessing until you basically get a dry hit. 2ndly the vape is very weak and lacks any flavor. The one I got was a strawberry watermelon but it was pretty lacking and barely produced any flavor. Overall just not something worth the time in the grand scheme of things IMO.

Pros:
  • color options (10 total)
  • Average 1.8 ml capacity
  • Good build quality on battery
  • nice simple looks
  • good size for easy portability
  • good ratings for battery size
  • charges fast enough (under 60 mins)
  • pods are easy to remove and install
  • easy to fill
  • option of refillable pods or pre-filled ones
  • Passthrough Vaping
  • inhale to fire worked good
  • good enough battery life
  • clear pods
Cons:
  • Needs juice window
  • Battery meter is only 2 steps
  • they should list the charge rate
  • flavor is lacking for refillable coil
  • coil life is lacking for refillable coil
  • almost all the pre-filled pods have too heavy of a menthol
  • led is hard to see for battery meter
  • comes with 1 pod only
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one i’m gonna say mostly no. The reason it’s a mostly no is because i like having the option of a refill or prefill and if someone wanted a prefilled system and likes a heavy menthol in their flavors, they would likely enjoy this. So basically JUUL users who like heavy menthol in their flavors. Outside of that though there are much better systems out there. I won't be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below, feel free to check that out if you are in the market for anything.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from motivape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors