Anthony Vapes: Lost Vape Drone BF DNA 167 Mod Text Review and Tech Test

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here

for my honest review of the Lost Vape Drone BF DNA 167 mod. Disclaimer Wise this product was sent to me for the purpose of the review from elementvape.com

Introduction:
The Lost vape drone BF DNA 167 mod is a dual battery regulated sqounk mod from lost vape. It features the DNA 250 chip and is capable of 167 watts and programmable temp control modes via escribe software. Pretty much everything on the mod is adjustable. It has an 11ml sqounk bottle and comes with 2 spares as well.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • DNA 167 Chipset (downthrottled DNA250 chip)
  • Wattage Output: 1 to 167W
  • Temperature Control: Any wire but kanthal and nichrome
  • Escribe Compatible
  • Temp Range 200 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit
  • 11ml Capacity sqounk bottle
  • Gold Plated Spring Loaded Contacts
  • Firmware Upgradeable
  • Oversized Firing and Adjustment Buttons
  • 0.91 Inch OLED Display Screen
  • 2 amp fast balanced charging
Included in box:
  • 1 x Lost Vape Drone BF DNA 167 mod

• 1 x USB Cable

• 3 x 11ml Sqounk Bottles

• 1 x Manuals and warranty info
Pictures and test results (NOTE testing results were that of the therion 167. Didn’t retest due to same chip in the same configuration)

Stock Shot inside:
lost_vape_drone_bf_squonker_dna166_tc_box_mod_bottle_part_.jpg

Stock Shot mod:
lost_vape_drone_bf_squonker_dna166_tc_box_mod_package_content_.jpg

Test Chart:
POHKJj1.png

Spreadsheet:
8JvAm53.png

Top View:
PFyrWwl.jpg

Side View (bottle battery door) :
HIJY42x.jpg

Front View (screen) :
FzcR0a9.jpg

Mod Screen:
vR644IX.png

Soft cell cut off: Is user changeable so I can’t add a number in. I normally set mine to 3v personally.

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this kit, my initial thought was that the presentation was really nice. The box has a leather feel (likely pleather but who knows) and the inside is covered in a nice felt. Whe you open the box all you see is the USB cable , the manual, and the mod itself. All 3 bottles come in the mod. 1 in the sqounk spot and the other 2 in the battery spots. Each bottle is about the size of an 18650 battery. The mod itself has a sleek black and stainless steel design. There is only the 1 color option and there is no leather on it. The SS is shiny and has a great finish but is a fingerprint magnet. The mod itself feels heavy. it’s not as large or bulky as it seems. Similar in size to a RX200s or ijoy zenith maxo. Very comfortable to hold. It’s got some weight to it, it feels heavier and better built than the therion 167 which is already a well built mod in it’s own right.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. 1st off, i used my testing from the therion 167. Same chip, same company and we all know it performs well. So i didn’t “re-test” the drone. If requested i’ll do a retest when i review the VT250s i’m working on. I already plan to test it in 3 battery mode as i haven’t done that test on a DNA 250 yet but i can do the 2 battery mode as well. I ran tests at .13, .15, and .2. Tests were run at max watts (167) , 150, 125, and 100. The mod reads resistance very accurate. At .13 the mod hit a little on the low side. About 12 to 17 watts low. It’s pretty normal for mods to do this at the lower resistances. It tapped out at 150 at the .13 test. The .15 it fared much better topping out at 162 but in the 150 and 125 setting only being 1 watt off and 4 watts on the 100 test. At .2 it fared it’s best. Topping out at 165 (note the actual max is 166.6 watts rounded to 167) and hitting 2 watts low at 150, 2 watts high at 125 and 2 watts high at 100. Overall this is a very accurate mod once you get to the .15 range but hits a little weak below that. Which is pretty normal for most dual battery mods where best performance is in the .14 to .2 range. Once you reach the .15 range or high it’s never more than a couple of watts off. Output was always smooth and consistent and the mod never got hot nor did the batteries. Overall I’m very impressed with this mod as a watt mode device

Temperature Control
Using SS wire in SS316 profile (factory preset one) I decided to run it on the factory settings. That’s where i like to do my testing. The thing with this chip is it’s so customizable you can adjust your temp control vape how you like. With that said, I don’t really know what more to say. I think most people know the DNA is one of the top 3 chips for temp control on the market (high end yihi and FSK are the other 2). It always feels smooth and accurate. Best range is 410 to 470 depending how hot you like your vape as it should be. It’s consistent and works amazing with any build thrown at it. Even from simple spaced builds to contact fancy coils like staggered fused claptons, and triple core parallel claptons. As usual with DNA mods, i was impressed with the temp control and it passes with flying colors.

Looks, Sqounking, and other notes
Lets go over some of the details of the mods and of course the sqounking. So i’ll start with that. The sqounk bottles are 11ml each and come with 3 bottles. More than enough in my opinion. The bottles themselves are a little stiff and require some break in. I’ve had this mod for about 6 weeks now and it took about 4 of them for the bottle to break in but now it has a better feel to it. Still it could be softer. The sqounking works great. No internal leaks and the juice goes up easy and you can get every last drop from the bottle pretty much. It’s pretty easy to remove and put back but you do have to adjust the straw often as removing it will pull it out. Make sure to adjust prior to installing the bottle after each removal. The mod itself ditched the leather which i’m ok with. I was never a fan of the quality of leather lost vape uses personally. I have 3 doors for my triad 250, i have a therion 167 with snake skin door. So 4 of their leathers. None feel like a luxury item. Plus sqounking can be a bit messy and tt would probably ruin the leather over time. I think going with the all metal was a great idea and it looks great. With the bottle installed the battery door has a slight gap (pictured above) I wish they would have fixed that but it’s not a big deal.

The shiny SS with the black has a sleek and classy look to it and makes it look expensive. The 510 is centered so atomizers will always look good on it. It can handle a 30mm with plenty of room to spare. Might even be able to handle a 40mm atomizer. If not it’ll be minor overhang. I don’t have any bigger then 30 to test personally. One more note, the batteries both go in the same way. It makes it look like it’s parallel but it’s not parallel. I’ve seen it mistakenly labeled as a parallel mod. Also the battery sled is much improved over the therion. It shouldn’t damage any wraps and it’s easy to get batteries in and out.

Using the mod is interesting, while most people are used to the DNA layout, I feel the menu is a bit outdated. Like all the DNA chips you also need a PC to program the chip (software isn’t mac compatible) and make some adjustments. I would also like to see in the future an update for them to add a preheat to watt mode (without tricking the chip) and a watt curve. It seems to be a popular feature and I can't see a reason why the DNA250 chip can’t do it with a firmware update. The preset profiles for the mod from lostvape are pretty bad. You have a power mode, a SS316 mode, a TI mode and then 5 Ni200 modes. That’s right 5 of them lol. I can't understand that. Ni200 isn’t even popularly used anymore like it was years ago. I can’t see the need for 5 profiles of it. They should have made profiles for SS317, SS430, Nife52, and Nife 30 and left 1 Ni200 profile. It would make it more versatile out of the box. Of course you can (and i will personally) change all that to customize it to what you vape. The chip also features 2 amp fast charging.

Overall Impressions
Lost vape is one of the more popular companies in vaping. Mostly due to their great looking mods and they fact they use the DNA chip which is one of the best chips in vaping. I’ve been taking up sqounking for the past 6 months now personally and it wasn’t until the drone where i finally “got it” The 11ml capacity is amazing, the temp control is amazing. More and more RDAs are coming sqounk ready as well. RDAs like the azathoth, pulse, and medusa reborn make great companions with this mod. Using a medusa i can carry 14.5ml of juice on my without it being a massive tank on top of the mod. This will be my go to sqounk mod for now and for the foreseeable future. And the mod i use to run and review all my sqounk attys.

Pros:
  • Watt Mode Performance (accurate, smooth, consistent)
  • Temp Mode Performance (one of the top 3 chips)
  • Handles 30mm+ atomizers with no overhang
  • centered 510 pin
  • Looks and style
  • Build Quality
  • Good 510 pin
  • Dual battery 100+ watt sqounk mod (not many out there)
  • 11ml bottles
  • Sqounking Works great
Cons:
  • Battery door has small gap (see pic above)

• Bottles are a bit stiff. Need to be broken in

• Not cheap (run around 150 bucks)

• DNA menu system could be better

• need PC to program mod

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod? I don’t do hard yes or no but let's just put it this way, It’s the only dual 18650 100+ watt sqounking mod on the market that does good temp control. And one of only 2 i’m aware that go over 100 watts as well for power mode (the other being a kanger dripbox 160). The gbox S100 taps at 100 and doesn't seem to be available anymore. Movkin made a sqounk kit for the disguiser but it’s also not available and the mod is huge as well. There isn’t a mod that competes with the drone currently. Also I don’t think any other regulated mod has as big of a capacity. Most are 5-6ml. If you are heavy into sqounking it’s really a must have in my opinion so it’s close to a hard yes. Mind you if you are just wanting to try sqounking your probably better off going with something cheaper first to see if you like it before dropping big money. As far as the price goes, I seen people spend 200+ dollars on 3d printed single battery mech sqounkers which makes this look like a value for what it can do. I’ll be adding the mod as a dual battery sqounker to my list of recommendations.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it. It has 3 tabs one for juice, one for mods, and 1 for attys

I want to thank you guys for reading (or watching or both). This is my last review of this week

Again i want to thank elementvape.com for sending me this mod for review. The here is the link https://www.elementvape.com/lost-vape-drone-bf-squonker-dna166-tc-box-mod it appears to be sold out currently but I’m sure they will get more in stock soon. I’d imagine it’s flying off the shelves.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Here is an unsolicited two cents from a dedicated full-time squonker who has owned one of these for a few months:

If Lost Vape would do a V2 with a better bottle (even cheapo Kanger has better squonk bottles, lol) with better access (many of us have trouble keeping the door on with the tiny slot for squeezing) they'd really have something going on

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Now there's a squonk mod that will push some power, Nice review Anthony:wave:
thanks!
Here is an unsolicited two cents from a dedicated full-time squonker who has owned one of these for a few months:

If Lost Vape would do a V2 with a better bottle (even cheapo Kanger has better squonk bottles, lol) with better access (many of us have trouble keeping the door on with the tiny slot for squeezing) they'd really have something going on
yup i agree. both drawbacks i highlighted in my review. The bottle did get a bit better after a month though. Funny enough best sqounk bottle i tried is the one with the movkin disguiser sqounk kit. better then the kanger and geekvape ones and the drone one. issue is it's super small. i think 4ml. but it's super soft and requires practically no effort to sqounk with. I haven't tried the fancy Italian one's you guys rave about yet though

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I haven't tried the fancy Italian one's you guys rave about yet though

The last batch they put out was terrible, lol

Everyone is moving on to the ModMakers, which are more like how the soft Italian bottles used to be

I put one in the Lost Vape and still had to really squeeze it because the Drone is tall for a squonker, so little gain there

And the Chinese are finally making soft silicone bottles so it's not like Lost Vape needs to cut corners on their stuff

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The last batch they put out was terrible, lol

Everyone is moving on to the ModMakers, which are more like how the soft Italian bottles used to be

I put one in the Lost Vape and still had to really squeeze it because the Drone is tall for a squonker, so little gain there

And the Chinese are finally making soft silicone bottles so it's not like Lost Vape needs to cut corners on their stuff
LMAO any chance you have a link? I'd love to try some out if you know of better bottles for the drone

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered a Drone and Pulse 24 from Element Vape. Should be here by Wednesday. My last squonker was a Stab wood Bogger Box mod with a DNA 20. Beautiful box but unusable the way I vape today. Can't wait for the Drone to arrive! Great review by the way.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just ordered a Drone and Pulse 24 from Element Vape. Should be here by Wednesday. My last squonker was a Stab wood Bogger Box mod with a DNA 20. Beautiful box but unusable the way I vape today. Can't wait for the Drone to arrive! Great review by the way.

Nice and thanks! Your gonna love it. I'd suggest checking out the azathoth rda it's my favorite sqounk rda I did a review a few weeks back on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors