Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Kaees Stacked RTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Kaees Stacked RTA. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Kaees Stacked RTA is the latest RTA from somewhat new vape company Kaees. So far they’ve been pretty good with their offerings despite flying under the radar. Their solomon RTA last year was great, their aladdin RDA was really good as well. They also had the solomon 2 which was one of the better top air RTAs to hit the market. This time they collaborated with Tony B who is a popular youtube reviewer most famous for his pulse line of products with vandy vape. The Stacked RTA is a 24mm dual coil DTL RTA with a single post clamp style deck and 3ml standard capacity and 5ml max capacity with the included bubble tank. It’s available in 2 colors Black, and SS. Looking around online I see it runs around 25-35 USD with lots of sites to by from. Elementvape, myvpro, and vapordna all stock it in the US.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Collaboration with Tony B. of Vapor Trail Channel
  • 24mm Diameter
  • 46mm height
  • 5mL Maximum Juice Capacity
  • Superior 304 Stainless Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • Stacked Ceramic Build Deck - Spring-Loaded
  • Large Terminal Shelf Space
  • Top-Mounted via Dual Flathead Screws
  • Single or Dual Coil Configuration
  • PEEK Insulator
  • Dual Slotted Bottom Airflow Control - 13mm by 2mm Each
  • Dual Internal Air Tubes - Direct-to-Coils
  • Threaded Top-Fill Design
  • Knurled Top Cap & Bottom Base
  • 13mm 810 Frosted Acrylic Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 13mm 810 Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 Stacked RTA
  • 1 810 Acrylic Drip Tip
  • 1 810 Delrin Drip Tip
  • 1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • 1 Spare Glass Tube
  • 2 Prebuilt Coils
  • 1 Screwdriver
  • 1 Spare Parts Bag
  • 1 Instructional Manual
Pictures Album:
album

Initial Impressions
When I first got this RTA it seemed right up my alley. Always nice to get stuff from a somewhat new company and see how they do to start, The stacked is a dual coil DTL RTA so i was pretty excited to try it out. I like that it comes with a bubble glass 5ml capacity as well since the standard 3ml is a bit small. Overall though a pretty basic dual coil RTA which there haven’t been a ton of this year and things are trending more towards smaller setups these days.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a single post clamp system deck that is most similar to the deck on the Dot RDA IMO. It’s spring loaded to make it easy to install so unscrewing the screws raises up both below and above the insulator that separates the positive and negative and since one is higher than the other it’s perfect for having a “stagger” for your leads so they don’t need to be lined up straight. The insulator also appears to be good quality as i was unable to melt it like some of these in the past which is a good thing. You do have to install both coils at the same time however which makes it not as beginner friendly as some RTAs on the market and while you don’t have to pre-cut leads it is easier if you do so your coils don’t get in the way of trying to cut the extra leads out. They use good quality flat head screws as well so no issues there. They are quite beefy and should hold up well over time. Due to the deck pressing down flat it means flat wire builds won’t twist leads. Unlike the dot RDA though you do need the screwdriver to tighten down and you have 2 screws to tighten one on each side so again not going to be the easiest to build for new vapers trying to keep both coils in place and use a screwdriver to screw in the screws so i consider this a slightly worse version of the Dot deck but it does the job good enough. Also worth noting is the bottom part has a ledge so make sure your coil leads on the bottom are on that ledge and not hanging off when you tighten it. Overall though a good enough deck that isn’t hard to build on but also not easy to build one. I’d recommend a 3.5mm max preferably 3mm ID due to space limitations but you can finagle a 4mm ID coil in there depending how thick it is. Any novice builder should be fine but i think beginner builders would be better off with an easier deck.

Wicking on this one is super easy. It wicks pretty well so you don’t need to go super thin on your wicks. Just make sure not to overstuff them and drop them right in the cutouts made for them and leave a little bit of room. Really simple and easy to wick. Just don’t overstuff it or you’ll get vapor lock. It’s a slightly raised deck which we see of a lot these days which helps with the wicking as far as not having leaks.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a dual coil RTA as intended. I ran 4 builds in it. 3 fancy builds at 3mm-4mm ID and one simple round build at 3.5mm ID. It’s DTL for sure but not super airy. Performance was really good for fancy wire builds as the deck can take a pretty large size coil and that’s where it shines as there is a lot of air, however with the round wire build there was a noticeable drop in flavor and other RTAs do round wire better. It’s best with 3-3.5mm ID fancy builds and in that situation has provided some of the best flavor i’ve gotten this year from a RTA. Overall it’s a really good RTA probably not the best, but good enough to crack my best if 2018 list most likely in a year where dual coil RTAs haven’t been as abundant.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a bottom airflow RTA with 2 large air holes equally spaced apart that you can adjust from the outside. The AFC is nice and smooth and on a stopper. It’s easily adjustable on or off mod and has come design for grip. Very well done. The air is nice and smooth, but a little on the loud side and does whistle at half closed or more. It’s really best used fully open.

The top fill is your standard screw off top cap.It works great as there is lots of metal with some design for grip to spin it off easily and the threading is excellent. The fill holes are large and can be filled with any type of bottle and you can just pour it in from a glass bottle. There is a good amount of accessories that come with it, It comes with a standard 810 clear acrylic friction fit drip tip and a delrin 810 tip and an a delrin 510 tip adapter. 2 tips plus an adapter is good in my book and I really like the clear tip. The drip tip fits nice. Not too snug but not too loose and you can use any of your own tips 810 and 510. It comes with 2 tanks as well, a standard 3ml tank and a bubble 5ml tank. The Kaees Stacked RTA also includes plenty of extra o-rings, 4 spare springs, a screwdriver and 2 coils but no cotton came in mine. The coils are not labeled sadly. They should have labeled the coils. They also should have included a couple of spare post screws.

The quality on the Kaees Stacked RTA is great. Nice to see a new company have great quality especially at the price point. All the threading is really nice and smooth, there is texture everywhere it should be. Easy to take apart and you can remove the deck with an almost full tank which is nice, I’d say about 90% full or less and you can rebuild without dumping the tank. The coloring on the SS is nice and shiny. It’s a 24mm diameter RTA with nothing that bulges unless you use the bubble glass so it shouldn’t overhang most mods. The 3 ml capacity is very small for a dual coil RTA but the 5 ml included bubble glass makes it an average capacity capacity. There is no JFC and it doesn't need one. I had no leaking or flooding issues and it handled chain vaping really good as well. Branding is nice and simple. Just a Kaees logo on the chamber visible through the glass.

Pros:
  • Great Build Quality
  • 2 Standard 810 Drip Tips and a 510 adapter included
  • good quality flat head screws
  • large fill holes
  • Great threading
  • Bubble glass included
  • plenty of spare o-rings and 4 spare post springs
  • nice smooth AFC
  • Simple screw off top fill design
  • great texture everywhere it’s needed
  • easy to wick
  • Flavor is above average
  • 5ml capacity is good enough with bubble tank
Cons:
  • Coils that are included aren’t labeled
  • some cotton would have been nice
  • 3ml standard capacity is small for a dual coil RTA
  • no spare post screws
  • whistle with air turned down more than 50%
  • air is a little louder than some
  • only 2 color options
  • not good for round wire builds
  • deck isn’t the easiest to build on
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one i’m going to lean a little towards the yes. There hasn’t been a ton of good dual coil RTAs this year or really that many in general and this one should make my best of 2018 list for sure. It’s not my favorite but the performance is up there with the top ones. I added this to my sheet of recs linked down below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Kaees

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors