VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the innokin zenith MTL tank

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Innokin

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews which you can find the list here And done over 150 video reviews on my channel here Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews. I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future. I keep a running spreadsheet of recommendations you can find here as well to help you find a good mod or atty that suits your needs. I also have a best of 2017 list here

Introduction
The Innokin Zenith is the latest MTL tank on the market and the latest tank from Innokin. Like the Ares RTA, the Zenith is designed by Youtube Reviewer Phil Busardo and his buddy Vapinggreek. It’s available in a 2ml TPD version and a 4ml standard version. There are 3 colors available Black, Red, and SS.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Diameter: 23mm
  • Twist to Open Top Fill Design
  • 4.0ml e-Liquid Capacity (2ml TPD version optional)
  • Adjustable Airflow Slots
  • 4 Different Airholes
  • Glass Tank
  • Stainless Steel 510 Connection
  • 4mm Bore Delrin 510 Drip Tip
  • 5mm Bore Delrin 510 Drip Tip
Box Contents
  • 1 x Innokin Zenith MTL Vape Tank
  • 1 x 1.6ohm Zenith Coil (Pre-Installed)
  • 1 x 0.8ohm Zenith Coil
  • 1 x Extra O-Ring & Drip Tip Pack
  • 1 x Quick Start Guide
Coil Options
  • 1.6ohm Kanthal Coil Best at 10-14W
  • 0.8ohm Kanthal Coil Best at 15-18W
Pictures:
Stock Shot Colors:
zenith-1.jpg

Stock Shot box/contents:
ZENITH-14.jpg

Stock Shot Exploded:
ZENITH-12.jpg

Pics on mods:
9U7m71b.jpg

zu4fDUg.jpg

3DXCzZV.jpg

Top Fill

TWNq4mJ.jpg

tjpI7rV.jpg

Airflow:
oijvvXI.jpg

Looks and Design
The Innokin Zenith MTL tank is a very nice looking tank. It features a metal cage around the glass for protection. The cage has more than enough cut out to be able to see your juice level. It’s a solid color however the juice fill port shows through the top as SS (pictured above) so if you want it all to match get a SS one. Branding is simple it says “ZENITH” on the top cap. That’s all. The other side of the top cap has “open” and close” with arrows pointing to show you which way to turn to open or close the fill port. Probably unnecessary, but may help some newer vapers. I can't imagine anyone being turned off by it being there. Overall it’s a very nicely designed tank.

Features and Functions
The Innokin Zenith MTL tank uses a standard 510 tip. It comes with 2 options available. A straight 5mm bore one and a curved 4mm bore one. All the threading on this tank is excellent. It’s a very nicely built tank with good quality. The coil system is a pop in and pop out. You can take off the base even with the tank almost full to swap coils. Just unscrew the base and pop it out and pop another one in and screw the base back on. It’s a cool feature for sure. The coils also insert very easily and are easy to take out. Not too loose, not too snug. Again good quality there. Airflow is 5 tiny holes on one side of the atomizer. You can use the AFC control to open as many as you want. 1 hole for tight MTL or 5 holes for loose MTL. Really isn’t any RLH or DTL options on this tank. It’s a tight draw no matter what. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust and on a stopper. Filling is easy as well just spin the top cap top close or open the juice fill hole. It’s about a quarter of a turn each way and on a stopper. The hole is quite large and easy to fill with any bottle type including just pouring juice into the tank. It’s also very smooth as well.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? There are 2 coil options for this tank. The pre-installed one is a 1.6ohm 10-14 watt coil. It’s pretty accurately rated. I had no issues using 50/50 and 60/40 and 65/35 juices in it. The 70/30 still worked but couldn’t chain vape as well. I found it best at the 14 watts but was able to push it to about 16. I wouldn’t go much higher than that though. They lasted quite a while. I used it for 2 weeks and it was still in pretty decent shape. I’d expect 2 weeks plus for most people The 2nd coil is a .8 ohm 15-18 watt coil. It worked fine with juices 50/50 to 70/30. I didn’t try anything thicker than that. Had no issues either. Again i find them accurately rated around 16-17 watts was my sweet spot. You can push them to 20 if you want but i wouldn’t go higher than that. I used it for 2 weeks as well and it was still in good shape. Overall i found the coils to be pretty good they have above average life and are accurately rated. As far as flavor goes, like i say in my reviewer disclaimer i’m not much of a MTL vapor. The flavor is never really there for me personally so YMMV. it’s no worse than any other MTL atomizer i’ve had so i think people who enjoy the MTL vape will enjoy this as well.

Overall Impressions
Overall I was very impressed with this tank. I love the looks and quality of it. All the threading is very nice and smooth. The coils system is easy to swap and can be done on an almost full tank. There is a lack of MTL tanks on the market IMO. in 2017 we had the vapefly nicolas and recently the GS juni from eleaf. That’s all i can think of really. The nicolas could be hard to find coils for and the Juni while not bad has some weird design choices as well. I think the Zenith is a much nicer MTL tank then that. There is also the aspire ones (nautilus series) but I believe they all came out prior to 2017. So just looking at the available somewhat new options for MTL tanks i can’t really think of one that is as good as the zenith. It will likely be the go to choice for MTL vapers to start 2018.

Pros
  • Build Quality
  • Looks
  • Fill port
  • No Leaks
  • Color Options
  • Standard 510 tip with 2 included
  • True MTL tank
  • AFC options
  • Coil Life
  • replace coils with nearly full tank
Cons
  • Only 2 coil options
  • 23mm may not fit on some smaller beginner mods (ex pico)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this tank or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but i’m going to lean heavy towards the yes. If you are in the market for a new MTL tank you aren’t going to find a better or newer option currently. If you are looking for a set up to quit smoking it’s a great tank to start with and can be paired with many small mods. I’ll be adding it to my spreadsheet.

Cheapest sites i found

USA here for 26.95 (free shipping)

China here for 24.90 (not sure on shipping charges)

Of course feel free to check vapecrawler.com as well.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

VU Sponsors