Anthony Vapes: Innokin Ikroma-A Kit Written Review and Tech Test

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here
for my honest review of the Innokin Kroma-A Kit. Disclaimer: this product was sent to me for the purpose of this review from Innokin.

Introduction:
The Innokin Kroma-A kit is the latest kit from Innokin, featuring the proprietary Atheon chip and is an updated version of the original Kroma. The kit version comes with the new Crios sub ohm tank which is a mid watt sub ohm tank. It comes in 5 colors black, red, blue, white and gunmetal. They all come with a black tank.

Manufacturer's Specs: Mod
  • Integrated Aethon Intelligent Chipset
  • 2000mAh Internal Battery
  • Wattage Output Range: 6-75W
  • Voltage Output Range: 0.8-9V
  • Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.1ohm
  • Temperature Control Range: 200-600F
  • Supports Ni200, Titanium, and Stainless Steel 316L Heating Elements
  • Precision Temperature Control
  • Balanced Coil Heat-Up
  • Direct Current - Steady Power Output
  • Dry Hit Detection
  • Low Standby Power Consumption
  • PreBoost Ramp-Up Technology
  • Stealthy Design Soft Contour With Grip Control
  • Intuitive OLED Display Screen
  • Oversized Firing Button
  • Two-Button Adjustments
  • Over-Discharge Protection
  • Low Voltage Warning
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Atomizer Protection
  • Overheat Protection
  • MicroUSB Port - 2A Rapid Charging Capability
Manufacturer's Specs: Tank
  • 4mL Juice Capacity
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • Convenient Twist-Off Top-Fill Design
  • Triple Slotted Bottom Airflow - Fully Adjustable
  • 0.65ohm Crios BVC Clapton Coil - rated for 35-65W
  • Sloped ULTEM Widebore Drip Tip
  • 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 Kroma-A 75W Box Mod
  • 1 Crios Sub-Ohm Tank
  • 2 0.65ohm Crios BVC Clapton Cois
  • 1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • 1 Replacement Glass Tube
  • 1 MicroUSB Cable
  • Instructional Manual
Pictures and test results
Test Chart:
6hrHkXj.png

Spreadsheet
orxql5s.png

Stock Shot Colors:
innokin_kroma-a_crios_75w_tc_starter_kit_4_colors_.jpg

Front of mod:
YMVV1I1.png

Attaching new atomizer:
03x2AkJ.png

Power Mode Screen
Yf9DXH3.jpg

Temp Screen:
IOowYU8.jpg

Crios Tank
A6v1jIr.png

Top Fill:
TxWR9eE.png%29

Coil:
DTbMVlx.png

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Kit, I was pretty impressed with the looks and feel and of it. The build quality is really nice but it is light and a lot of plastic. It’s really small, pretty similar in size to a pico 25. It can handle 25mm atomizers with no overhang and is simple and easy to use. Attaching a new atomizer brings you to the menu to select what mode you want. The 510 pin has a lot of depth and the spring is strong. It’s also screwed in from the outside. The Mod has a comfortable shape and features a textured plastic handle for grip that’s really comfortable. Overall it felt like a well build portable mod.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. Resistances for this mod’s testing were done at .12, .15, .2 and .56 for the high resistance test. The mod read resistance accurate (sometimes .01 high) and reads live resistance. The wattage testing points were max watts (75), 50, 25 and Minimum (6). At .12 ohms the mod maxed out at 78 watts and 25 amps. During the tests it it hit a little on the high side anywhere from 1 to 3 watts. At the .15 test it maxed out at 76 watts. The mod hit a little on the high side 1-2 watts. For the .2 test it maxed out at 76 watts and again hit high 1-3 watts. For the high resistance test of .56 it maxed out at 78 watts and 6.627 volts. It hit high 1-3 watts again. My max wattage overall was 78 so it does meet the 75 watts promised with a little extra. The max amps (25) i got from my testing was capped off because of the watt limit. It could do more amps possibly at a lower resistance. The 6.627 volts shows it does have a boost circuit and was again capped out by the watt limit. It could possibly do more volts with a higher resistance coil. The mod never got hot in my testing or even warm. It did great at not overheating even when the chip was pushed to it’s limits and ran very cool. The output is smooth and consistent. Overall it performs excellent in power mode never being off by more than 3 watts at any resistance/setting and always on the high side.

Temperature Control
Using SS316 wire in SS mode. I tested 4 builds ranging from single round spaced single and dual coils, to fancy single coils. I couldn’t do fancy dual coils due to the lower watt limit of 75. Not enough power to really push those builds. Overall the mod does an excellent job at not burning cotton or giving you dry hits. It feels pretty accurate as i found myself vaping at 450F most of the time. I’d say best range is 420f-470f depending how hot of a vape you want. All my builds worked in this range. I had to do very little adjusting between the builds. It was also very smooth and consistent and throttled back power very nicely. I didn't see anyway to adjust the power in temp mode. It appears locked in at 75 so ramp up is very fast. Overall i was very impressed with the temp control performance on this mod. The atheon chip is very underrated probably due to mostly being used in internal battery mods which is more of a niche since most people opt for mods where you can swap batteries. It gets a huge pass from me.

Other Usage Notes
The 510 pin on the mod is excellent, it’s screwed into place from the top. It’s properly wired and grounded internally. The mod uses a cylinder 18650 like battery not a li-po pack. It had some markings on it that maybe mooch would know, but I’m not a battery expert so I can't say what it is for sure. I seen 2 numbers on it. “H1R03” and “170527”. The screen isn’t dim and is easy to see, but could be a bit brighter IMO. It has an LED fire button which changes color based on the charge of the battery. I like how when you put a new tank on it the mod lets you pick your mode right away. No worry about being in the wrong mode or forgetting to reset resistance. The 510 spring is very strong and makes a solid connection and has plenty of depth. The mod can handle a 25mm atomizer flush.

Crios Tank
Ok so let’s go over the included tank with the kit. I don’t think you can purchase the mod separate. I checked on vapecrawler.com and the cheapest prices included the tank and I didn’t see a mod only. It’s a pretty standard sub ohm tank in the “mid watt range”. It has only 1 coil option best 35-65 watts and the coil are proprietary so you can’t use other coil styles in the tank. I found it best at 60 watts. Anything over that gets into the “burnt taste territory”. The mod has a screw off top with 2 massive fill holes. It’s a short tank that has a 4ml capacity and is 24mm diameter. It has an 810 tip however i found friction fit one’s to be too loose so it needs an 810 with orings on it. TFV8 style tips work on it. It has an included Ultem tip. It’s dual bottom air flow on a stopper. The oring’s are also really tight making it hard to get the glass off. As far as coil performance and life goes. “Average” is the best word i can use. The flavor was average and the life was 7-10 days so average to a little above average. Nothing really to write home about. It’s not the worst tank out there but it’s nothing I’d run to buy myself. It’ll get you by since it comes included but you’ll probably want to upgrade it at some point. The lack of coil options is a con for me as well. Wouldn’t be a big deal if they performed good, but since they don’t I wish i could reach for another coil but i can’t. The threading and quality was all really nice. Overall I’d say it’s an average tank.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Pros: Mod
  • Build Quality
  • Watt Mode Performance
  • Temp Mode performance
  • Good quality 510 pin
  • Looks and style
  • Super small and pocketable
  • handles 25mm no overhang
  • color options
  • Easy to use
Pros: Tank
  • Small size but with 4ml capacity
  • Build quality
  • 810 tip but needs one with o-rings
  • Large FIll holes
Cons: Mod
  • Little bit of button rattle
  • Can be hard to put tanks on because 510 spring is so strong
Cons: Tank
  • 1 coil option
  • Coils are just average
  • Coils are proprietary
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I’ll start with the mod itself, I don’t do hard yes or no, but this one will lean pretty heavy towards the yes. I was pretty impressed with the performance of the Atheon chip. In power mode it’s accurately rated at 75 watts and can do it at a wide resistance range. Output was always smooth and consistent. In Temp Mode the mod’s performance was excellent. It’s almost a shame to consider it a “mid range” as it outperformed most of the mid range mods but it isn’t quite SX mini, DNA, FSK quality so I can’t really call it high end. It’s more of an “upper mid range” temp control mod. This will be on my spreadsheet for sure as a watt mode device and a mid range temp control device. For the tank, It’s not a bad tank in itself, however the coil performance is pretty average and you can’t use any other coils in it so I’m gonna lean it towards the no. I wouldn’t buy it separately personally. This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank Innokin for providing me this kit for review. I checked Vapecrawler and the cheapest I seen it is 47.95 on elementvape.com and MFS. Since elementvape supports my reviews I’ll throw the Link to the kit on their site https://www.elementvape.com/innokin-kroma-a-crios-75w-tc-starter-kit

I want to thank you guys for reading (or watching or both).

VU Sponsors