Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Innokin Adept Zlide Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Innokin Adept Zlide Kit. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is not marked as a sample.

Introduction:
The Innokin Adept Zlide Kit is the latest Kit from Innokin. They are a company who’s been around a long time and mostly has focused on making good beginner kits but also had a few nice mods like the proton. This kit includes the Adept Mod with the Zlide D22 tank. The Adept mod is an internal battery semi adjustable mod rated at 17 watts max and the Zlide tank is a low watt mtl tank. It’s available in 6 colors, black, white, sky, ocean, purple, and forest camo. Looking around online I only see it available for around 50ish USD and elementvape has them in stock for 44.95.

Manufacturer's Specs: Mod
  • Collaboration with Phil Busardo
  • Integrated 3000mAh Rechargeable Battery
  • IP67 Rating - Shockproof, Waterproof, and Dust-Proof
  • Automatic Wattage Output Range: 11-17W
  • 4 Optimized Wattage Levels
  • Intelligent MTL Coil Identification
  • Tank > 1.0 - 11-14W
  • Tank < 1.0 - 14-17W
  • Max. Voltage Output: 5.5V
  • Resistance Range: 0.4-3.0ohm
  • Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction
  • Intuitive Firing Mechanism
  • LED Battery Life Indicator Display Screen
  • Two Adjustment Buttons
  • Over Discharge Protection
  • Overcharge Protection
  • Over Voltage Protection
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Overheat Protection
  • High Resistance Protection
  • Cut-Off Protection
  • Centered 510 Connection
  • Available in Black, White, Purple, Sky, Ocean, and Forest Camo
Manufacturer's Specs: Tank
  • Collaboration with Phil Busardo, Dimitris Agrafiotis, and Innokin
  • 22mm Diameter
  • 2mL Juice Capacity
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Top Refill System - Sliding Top Cap
  • Removable Sliding Top Cap
  • Innokin Z-Coil Line
  • 0.48ohm Kanthal 3D Mesh Coil - rated for 13-16W
  • 1.6ohm Kanthal Coil - rated for 10W
  • Compatible and Will Detect Entire Z-Coil Line
  • Detachable Structure
  • Locking 510 Proprietary Drip Tip
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connection
  • Available in Black, Stainless Steel, Blue, and Bronze
Included in box:
  • 1 Innokin ADEPT Smart MTL Box Mod
  • 1 2mL Innokin ZLIDE Tank
  • 1 .48ohm Plex 3d coil
  • 1 1.6ohm KAL coil
  • 1 spare glass
  • 1 MicroUSB Cable
  • 1 User Manual
Coil Options:
  • .48 ohm Plex 3d Rated 13-16 watts
  • 1.6 ohm KAL coil Rated 10-13.5 watts
  • .8 ohm rated 15-18 watts
  • compatible with zenith and goby coils
Picture Album
album

Adept Mod Rundown
The Adept Mod is an internal battery mod. Usage is pretty easy. It’s a simple 2 button device. 1 button lets you choose your mode. There are 4 modes for power and it’s dependant on the resistance of the coil and printed on the bottom. If the coil is over 1 ohm you have the option of 11, 12, 13, or 14 watts. If the coil resistance is lower you have the option of 14, 15, 16, or 17 watts. The other button is the fire button. you can click it 3 times to turn the device on or off. There is an LED when firing for the battery level. It’s a 3 step light, Green means Full to 60%, Yellow means 59-20% and Red means 20% or less. Not bad but I would have liked to see a 4th step.

The battery is listed at 3000mah and it features built in USB charging listed at 2A. I tested this 2 times with an inline USB meter and for the charge rate it charges at 1.93A max so 2A charging rate and good rating. It charges full in about 120 minutes so not bad at all. Battery size wise I got a little over 2500mah so similar to using a single cell mod with a samsung 25R battery so good life for such low watts, but a bit overstated in their ratings so i’ll ding them there. Another thing worth noting is since according to the pics it’s a single 18650 battery inside and it’s only 17 watts max, they could have used a 10A 3500mah battery instead for longer life. Something like a LG MJ1 battery would have been perfect for this application.

The Adept is a very nice looking mod. It’s got a solid feeling to it and very durable design with a soft thick rubber coating. Paint wise i have the ocean it looks great. It does have a standard 510 pin that is centered and should easily accommodate any atomizer you’d realistically use on it without overhang. A 25mm fits with room to spare. Overall it’s a basic and simple device that doesn't have many features or options, but works as it’s supposed to and really only feasible in this kit or with a small MTL atty that doesn't need more than 17 watts and not majorly useful on it’s own. Kind of a shame as if they had it fully chipped as a 75 watt mod with good TC it would be a really killer option. Great device for the kit, but very limited in its use. It’s also a bit on the larger side too and pretty close to the smallest dual 18650 mods on the market which may be a turn off to some.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
IP67 waterproof and durability testing
The Adept mod is the latest IP67 rated mod which in short means waterproof to a point and rugged. It got popular with the original geekvape aegis and since has spread out into a whole line of aegis mods as well as the vandy vape jackaroo and probably a few others slipping my mind. So I started with the water proof test i put the mod in 1 meter of water for 10 minutes. Then took it out dried it off and let it sit for 20 mins. Then went to use it and the chip was toast unfortunately. So it failed that test. Then I did a durability test 3 drops 1 from 3 fett, 1 from 6 feet, and a 3rd where i threw it up and spun it so a 10 ft androm landing spot. All onto concrete. Physical damage on the outside was barely noticeable. 2 small scratches one on the top metal part corner and 1 on the bottom metal part corner. Nothing that would stand out. I disassembled the mod and found a bit of moisture on the inside but nothing from physical damage. Overall It passes for durability but fails as waterproof, however it’ll be water resistant enough to handle juice spills.

Zlide tank rundown and coil performance
Lets go over the tank now. It’s basically a newer version of the zenith. I’ll start with the basics. It’s a 22mm diameter tank with a straight glass only protected by a metal cage and a 2ml juice capacity. So pretty standard size for a MTL tank and a little smaller than the zenith. One of the main differences between this and the zenith is the fill method. The Zlide is a slide back top fill (hence the name) that gets locked via the 510 drip tip. That means you need to remove the drip tip to fill it. Also means the zlide drip tip can’t be used with most other attys, however you can use other 510 tips in the zlide but then it won’t lock the top fill which wasn’t any issue to me anyway personally, but worth nothing. The fill hole is 1 good sized fill hole and it’s easy to fill, however I do prefer the zenith fill personally. The other main difference between the 2 is the zlide can be disassembled for cleaning and the glass is replaceable unlike the zenith. The air flow is for MTL vaping. There are 4 small round holes which can be opened for 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 to do a somewhat tight MTL to a loose MTL. it never quite reached DTL territory and there is no really tight MTL option. Still plenty of adjustment and works well with the coils. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust and on a stopper.

That’s the basics of the tank but lets go over the coils now. It comes with 2 coils which are the .48 ohm plex 3d and the 1.6 ohm KAL coil. It’s also cross compatible with goby and zenith coils. Innokin also threw in some extra coils one of which is a .8 ohm coil. The 1.6 ohm came standard with the goby, and the 1.6 ohm and .8 ohm both came included in the zenith tank. In other words, these coils have been around for a while across every tank and the .48 ohm is their newest plex 3d coil which is basically their mesh coil. Starting off with the .48 ohm coil I used 1st the flavor was ok but it only lasted me about 3mls so poor life. Onto the 1.,6 ohm coil and same result. Ok flavor and only 2ml of coil life. Lastly was the .8 ohm. Flavor was good right on par with the better MTL tanks on the market like the tigon and VM22 tanks i’ve recently reviewed and coil life was good as well lasting 22mls. The .8 ohm coil was easily the best performer of the bunch and makes it a viable MTL tank and yes it’s the same one from the zenith kit. The other 2 coils did not perform well though.

Pros:
  • great charge rate (2A tested)
  • charges fast enough (about 2 hours)
  • great battery size for internal battery mod (2500mah)
  • 510 pin gave no issues
  • nice clicky fire button
  • simple easy to use
  • .8 ohm coil has good flavor and coil life
  • rugged design
  • good price point for the kit
  • coils are cross compatible and easy to find
  • mod looks beautiful and feels great
  • great build quality on mod
  • Color Options (6)
  • tank is easy to fill
  • zlide is a nice improvement from the zenith
  • average juice capacity (2ml)
Cons:
  • lack of power and options on mod means really only suitable with included tank or another MTL atomizer
  • .48 ohm and 1.6 ohm coil life is subpar
  • physically larger size then most MTL kits
  • battery rating is overstated (listed at 3000mah, closer to 2500mah)
  • not IP67 waterproof but more of water resistant for juice spills
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? This is an interesting one so a simple lean yes or no won’t work here. The zenith tank is already on my list and the zlide is a slight improvement in my opinion. Not enough of one i’d upgrade over the zenith if you already have one, but enough that if I was choosing one to buy now, i’d go with the zlide. So i’m adding the zlide to my sheet alongside the zenith as some may prefer the zenith still. I’d just recommend going with the .8 ohm coils personally which is on par with the recent good MTL tanks i’ve reviewed like the aspire tigon and vaporesso VM22 tanks. Good to see more MTL options and all 4 are on my sheet. As far as the mod goes, due to its limitations i can’t really add it on my sheet as a stand alone mod, however i’ll add the kit as a whole in my beginner kit section since it does a good job of powering this tank so it makes for a nice affordable kit. Feel free to check out the links below to my spreadsheet for good recommendations if you are in the market for anything new.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Innokin

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors