Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Hugsvape Magician Sub Ohm Tank Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Hugsvape Magician Sub Ohm Tank. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: this is not marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Hugsvape Magician Sub Ohm Tank is the latest and first sub ohm tank from new manufacturer Hugsvape. They’ve been pretty good overall from what i’ve reviewed from them. Their theseus RDA was a good single coil squonker and their lotus RTA is one of my favorite of this year. Their pod system was a disappointment though. Lets see if they can rebound. The Magician tank is a pretty standard sub ohm tank that borrows some designs from their Lotus RTA so much so it’s basically a lotus with premade coils, and of course has a mesh coil option as well. The subohm tank market is kind of dominated these days by freemax and the falcon so we’ll see if this one can stack up. It’s available in 5 colors Black, Gunmetal, SS, Blue, and Gold. Looking around online i see it in the 25-30 USD price range

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Thread: 510
  • Material: Stainless Steel
  • Diameter: 24mm
  • Capacity: 3ml/5ml
  • Coil Resistance: 0.15ohm/0.13ohm
  • Filling Type: Top Filling
Included in box:
  • 1pc Magician mesh tank
  • 1pc Triple mesh coil(pre-installed)
  • 1pc dual mesh coil
  • 1pc 510 drip tip adapter
  • 1pc user manual
  • spare orings
Coil Options (coils are kanthal unless otherwise stated)
  • Dual mesh .15 ohms 65-95 watts
  • Triple mesh .13 ohms 85-115 watts
Picture Album
album

Looks and Design
The Hugsvape Magician Sub Ohm Tank is a pretty standard looking sub ohm tank. It’s smaller than a lot of other ones on the market though as it’s only 24mm and that’s rare to see these days from a 100+ watt tank. Many are going into the 25-28mm range now. It comes with a regular class for 3ml capacity and a bubble glass as well which gives it a 5ml capacity so good to have both options. Outside of that it’s a standard looking metal tank that looks exactly like their Lotus RTA but in a premade coil design. I have the Black one and the only color contrast is on the drip tip itself. It’s a nice matte black though. The included black delrin drip tip has a metal ring that looks nice for contrast. Overall though this type of tank is pretty popular these days so nothing stands out really about it. They offer it in 5 colors so good variety.

Features and Functions
The Hugsvape Magician Sub Ohm Tank uses a standard 810 drip tip so you can also use your own if you’d like and also a 510 adapter to use a 510 tip as well. The Drip tip is friction fit but both friction fit and o-ring 810 tips i used worked well so most of your 810 tips should fit. The drip tip is a basic black delrin one, would have been nice to include a fancier tip IMO. The o-ring for the tip is good but the tip can be hard to remove itself due to its shape and slickness. Still it looks quite nice with different tips too. All the threading on this tank is excellent. It’s a very nicely built tank with good quality. The coil system is a screw in type into the base much like most sub ohm tanks on the market. You need the tank to be basically empty to swap coils. Airflow is 2 large holes equally spaced apart on the bottom. It’s plenty of air, easily made for DTL vaping. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust even on mod thanks to some cutouts as well and it’s on a stopper. The airflow is quite loud though and makes a funny noise when vaping. Filling is easy as well, it uses push back and pop up style fill like their lotus RTA or the Blitz intrepid RTA, and it’s clearly marked where to push. It didn’t open on me personally in my pocket or anything but this kind of style is susceptible to that for some people. Guess it depends on your pocket. It’s easy to gill and has 2 large fill holes and works with any bottle type but trying to pour in from a glass bottle can be challenging and not recommended. It comes with a standard 5 ml capacity bubble tank and a 3 ml capacity standard tank.

Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? There are 2 coil options in total and no RBA head. It comes with 1 od each of the coil options which are the triple mesh coil and the dual mesh coil. Both are KA1 (Kanthal) coils. I started with the .13 ohm triple Mesh coil and it was lackluster. Poor flavor for a high watt mesh coil. It’s rated at 85-115 watts but i found it best in the 80-85 watt range. The life was pretty bad too, I ran 30ml through it and It’s pretty toast so poor flavor and poor life. It was also the louder of the 2 coils. Then the dual mesh coil. it was also lackluster. Poor flavor for a high watt mesh coil. It’s rated at 65-95 watts but i found it best in the 75-80 watt range. The life was pretty bad too, It only lasted 20 ml so again poor flavor and poor life. Overall pretty disappointed in the performance in the coils, so not impressed and right now the market is saturated with good sub ohm tanks so the coils is what really sets them apart and this does nothing to do that.

Pros
  • Build Quality
  • Looks
  • easy to fill
  • No Leaks
  • Color Options (5 total)
  • Standard delrin 810 tip
  • AFC adjustable easily on mod
  • thread quality
  • good capacity 5ml
  • bubble tank included
  • 510 drip tip adapter included
Cons
  • Coil performance (flavor isn’t very good)
  • Coil Life (is really bad 25ml average per coil)
  • no RBA deck option
  • top cap fill style can pop open on some people
  • a nicer tip would have been nice
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this tank or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but i’m going to have to just say no here. Lots of good tanks on the market for this watt range and 3 stand out more than the others to me and this tank just didn’t have great flavor or great coil life so i can’t see a reason to recommend it. I won’t be adding this to my sheet of recs linked below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Hugsvape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors