Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Geekvape Zeus X RTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Geekvape Zeus X RTA. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Geekvape Zeus X RTA is the latest RTA from popular vape manufacturer Geekvape. They have been around a long time and made some really good stuff. In 2018 they made some really good mods like the nova and aegis legend and aegis mini as well as a really good sub ohm tank the alpha and a good starter kit in the flint but whiffed in 2019 so far with the lucid kit. The Zeux X RTA is the 3rd in the line of Zeus products (Original Zeus and Zeus Dual) and is a 25mm diameter dual coil RTA with a top airflow channeled to side/top. It’s available in 6 colors, Black, Red/Black, SS, Gunmetal, Rainbow, and Blue. Looking around online i see them priced around 30-40 USD so pretty standard RTA price these days and Elementvape has them in the US for 32.95 all colors in stock except gunmetal.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 25mm Diameter
  • 4mL Maximum Juice Capacity
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • High-Temp Resistant Silica Glass Reinforcement
  • Enlarged Build Deck
  • Elevated Postless, Four Terminals Design
  • Single or Dual Coil Configurations
  • Side-Secured via Flathead Slotted Screws
  • PEEK Insulator
  • Efficient Wicking System
  • Enhanced 3D Three Dimensional Airflow
  • Adjustable Dual Exterior Top Airflow - 15mm by 2.5mm
  • Single Internal Central Air Tube - Funnels Into Multi-Hole Slots
  • Convenient Threaded Top-Fill Method
  • 810 Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 810 ULTEM Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 ZEUS X 25mm RTA
  • 1 810 Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • 1 Spare Glass Tube
  • 1 Allen Key
  • 2 Prebuilt Clapton Coils
  • 1 Set of Cotton Wicks
  • 1 User Manual
Pictures Album:
album

Initial Impressions
When I first got this RTA I knew what to expect pretty much. I’ve used a lot of geekvape attys and reviewed a lot. I reviewed the other 2 zeus RTAs and also recently a few other dual coil top airflow RTAs like the dead rabbit and rimfire. Also saying this for the sake of geekvape when they read this review, but i did find it funny it was labeled as on the box “designed for ultimate flavor” and also on their site as “designed for RTA enthusiasts” I mean at this point any enthusiasts or flavor chaser knows top airflow is not for that, but is instead for new builders who are learning how to wick as it helps prevent leaking if they wick it wrong. Either way I got the rainbow which is nice and it’s a nice looking and well built RTA as usual from geekvape so lets see how it performs and the features.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s another one of those works like a postless deck type of decks in terms of actual usage but a little raised up so you can cut your excess leads out of the bottom. Meaning it’s a good deck and a style i really like. One complaint though is the room to cut the excess leads is super tight so hard to get wire cutters in there and depending what type people use, may prove to be impossible. I was able to with mine (which is the coil master ones) but it was tough and a tight squeeze. It does not have any tools to help with pre cutting leads like many others do. Lots of companies are including some sort of coil guide these days to make pre-cutting your coils easy but the Zeus X RTA doesn't have one. Personally I found it best with 6mm Leads and drop them all the way down and then cut the excess. This allows for some wiggle room as well but you don’t want them too high or it’ll short on the chamber. The inside chamber is pretty small (the one that directs the air). There are 4 post holes so each lead gets its own hole as it should be and coils can be installed 1 at a time. The screws are good quality flat head grub head screws but i prefer hex personally and thankfully they include spare sets of both hex and flat head, so pretty happy with that because you get both options. The post screws come in from the side so flat wire leads won’t be twisted when installing and it works great for flat and round wire coils with no issues. Overall a nice easy to build on deck but a coil lead cutting tool would have been nice

Wicking on this one is pretty easy. It does not have a JFC (juice flow control). The wick holes are quite large and it wicks quite well almost to well, so make sure to use plenty of cotton so you don’t get flooding and also drop your leads all the way to the bottom through the holes so they touch the deck. It’s pretty hard to overstuff this RTA with cotton. You don’t want to think out your cotton at all.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a dual coil RTA as intended. You can build a single coil on this if you wanted to for some reason anyway but often running a dual coil RTA in single coil isn’t very good so i didn’t. I ran 4 builds in this 1 3mm ID simple round build and 3 fancy coil builds between 2.5mm ID and 3.5mm ID. 3.5mm is the max, but i really recommend going 2.5-3mm personally. It’s a tight squeeze in the chamber for sure. With that said the flavor is not that good at all. Mind you is it better then the OG zeus and the dead rabbit RTA? Yes it is. But outside of that not a lot good i can say about the flavor. My sub ohm tanks and single coil RTAs i was using along side it were much better. The intake also beats it as well with half the coils. So while it is the best top airflow dual coil RTA flavorwise, it’s still pretty low on the totem pole overall.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a top airflow RTA that is channeled via an insert that goes over the deck but it channels it to a very high side/top airflow still which i don’t quite understand why. It has 5 small holes on the top of each side then a 2nd row of 4 small holes on the side then a 3rd row of 5 small holes under that. From the outside you have 2 large ovals equally spaced apart. The AFC is nice and smooth and on a stopper. It’s easily adjustable on or off mod and has some design for grip. Very well done. The air is a little loud and a little turbulent. Not very smooth but not bad either. Just ok on both fronts. It doesn't really get any worse when turned down and no whistle so well done with that. The top fill is your standard screw off the top fill which is my favorite kind, and even better it’s not a full screw off but one of those quarter turn to pop off designs. Very happy with that personally. There are 2 good size fill holes to use any bottle type.

There is a good amount of accessories that come with it, mine came with a standard black Delrin friction fit drip tip which was a little too short for my liking, and an ultem 810 friction fit drip tip and a 510 tip adapter. The drip tips fit nice. Not too snug but not too loose and you should be able to use any of your own tips 810 and 510. Mine came with 2 tanks as well, one bubble tank with a 4.5ml capacity and 1 regular tank with a 3.5ml capacity. The RTA itself is 25mm at the base but bulges out to 29mm with the bubble glass. The 3.5ml capacity is a low for a dual coil RTA but the 4.5ml bubble capacity is only a little small but acceptable. The Geekvape Zeus X RTA also includes plenty of extra o-rings, 8 spare post screws (4 hex head grub, 4 flat head grub), 1 tri-tool, and 2 coils with cotton. Everything you’d expect from an RTA accessory wise. The coils are also clearly labeled as n80 fused clapton coils, 28gx3+40g .4 ohms each so great job with that.

The quality on the Geekvape Zeus X RTA is excellent. The AFC, the threading, the top cap, all really good. The post screw quality is great as well. Overall it’s very easy to take apart. The coloring on the Rainbow i received is nice and shiny. Branding is nice and simple. Just a Zeus logo and the word “Zeus” on the chamber visible through the glass like most RTAs

Pros:
  • Bubble tank included
  • plenty of spare o-rings and 8 spare post screws
  • both hex grub and flat head grub included
  • nice smooth AFC
  • Simple twist off top fill design
  • easy to wick/build
  • great build quality
  • color options (6 total)
  • 2 810 tips and a 510 adapter included
  • included clearly labeled coils and cotton
Cons:
  • no coil lead cutting tool
  • 4.5ml capacity with bubble tank is just decent. 3.5ml capacity without it is quite small for a dual coil RTA
  • flavor is not good overall (but better then the other dual coil tip airflow RTAs)
  • air is a little loud and turbulent but not bad
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA or not? I’m going to put it like this if you were dead set on wanting a dual coil top airflow RTA for whatever reason, i’d say this is the one to get for sure. It’s much better than the dead rabbit, rimfire, and zeus dual for sure. Outside of that I wouldn’t bother personally. If you want top airflow for the leak protection you are much better off with an intake and if you want to chase flavor you are better off with a bottom airflow RTA. This isn’t a bad RTA it’s a great built, good build deck, nice looking RTA. It just isn’t for flavor chasers or enthusiasts and being dual coil and postless not really for beginners either so not sure why exactly who would benefit from this RTA. I won’t be adding this to my sheet of recs linked down below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Geekvape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love it it's a sexy beast....Thanks for the review.........

01be23abe1f2128245058c6709d2b792.jpg

b1e7268d139409a3a685122aa6a88b9d.jpg
dfe178d9db03beab89b67de4821bedce.jpg

VU Sponsors