Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Geekvape ZEUS RTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the zues RTA from geekvape. Disclaimer: this product was sent to me from efun.top

Introduction:
The Zues RTA is the latest single coil RTA from geekvape. It’s available in 4 colors SS, gunmetal, black, and blue. It features top airflow channeled to the bottom and side, a 4 ml capacity and both 810 and 510 tips.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • top 3d airflow
  • 25mm x 38mm
  • single coil postless deck
  • gold plated positive pin
  • 4ml capacity
Included in box:
  • 1 Zues RTA
  • 1 810 drip tip
  • 1 510 drip tip
  • 1 510 adapter l
  • 1 allen key
  • 2 Prebuilt coils
  • 1 spare glass and parts
Pictures:
Stock Shots:
Geekvape-ZEUS-RTA-colors-parameters.jpg

On the Gaia:
hl2eIvtdixKcH15Jg2eb-zfwrheQdoch0-dBZS-U5PY.jpg

On the Alpha One:
zJLcdVd.jpg

Box:
t0KBtQj.jpg

Disassembled:
6x5Kc42.jpg

Build Deck:
j1isty1.jpg

Vertical coil:
MFUesKx.jpg

Vertical coil wicked:
ccA16Yn.jpg

Handmade Alien Coil:
OsFLayM.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA i was pretty impressed with it’s looks. It has a nice unique style to it with the metal cage on the inside with ‘ZEUS” engraved in it and the zeus picture on the chamber itself. It comes with a custom drip tip on it but includes a standard 810 and a standard 510 and adapter. I love the options although a resin or ultem tip would have been nice. The air flow control is really smooth and easy to adjust and on a stopper. It’s a simple RTA to disassemble and assemble. It comes with 2 coils as well which i didn’t personally use and different color o-rings orange, clear and baby blue. The build quality is great as well and all the threading is smooth. The Zues uses a standard 2 large hole top fill method which is great for any bottle type and the top cap uses a rotate 90 degrees to lock or unlock design instead of threading which works great. Very easy to get on and off.

Build Deck (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a interesting build deck i haven’t seen before. For the coil itself it’s a standard postless style build deck. I personally love postless but they aren’t the easiest to start with since you do have to precut your leads. It uses flat head grub screws i prefer hex but these are good quality and i’d take flat over phillips so i can't complain. They include 2 spares as well. Where this deck differs is since it’s top air on the outside, they designed the deck to give you bottom and side “3D airflow” as they call it. So there are 2 towers on each side of the coil with holes like a cheese grater to funnel the air to the coil. The bottom most holes come from under the coil. It’s an interesting concept. The wick holes have 2 large holes for plenty of cotton but it doesn’t really need a lot as it’s very resistant to flooding or leaking. I didn’t have any issues with leaks or floods. There are no press fit parts on this RTA that could come defective. Overall I really like the build deck as i’m a fan of the postless style

Performance
Performance wise, I used it exclusively as a single coil RTA as it’s intended to be. I used 2 fancy coil builds, 1 round build, and 1 vertical round build in it. My favorite is the one pictured above using some handmade aliens from a coil builder buddy of mine on reddit. It also worked well with the simple round. The vertical build wasn’t worth the effort IMO and i wouldn’t recommend anyone try it. I played with coil position going as low as possible and as high as possible and in the middle. Coil position didn’t play a big difference but i found it best in the middle like pictured above. But there isn’t too much of a difference either way really although higher seemed to work a little better than lower. Overall at it’s best i found it to be an average performer. It’s nowhere near a flavor monster, but it’s still pretty good especially for the benefits of the leak resistant design and very forgiving wicking. Just don’t overstuff it and you’ll be good.

Overall Impressions
Overall I was pretty impressed with the RTA. it’s got the good quality that is typical of geekvape products especially at their price point. It has all the options you want in tips with both the 810 and 510 although for it being a single coiler i feel the 510 is a better option. I love the easy to take off top cap as well. There really isn’t much to dislike out of this RTA unless you really want to chase flavor in which case it’s pretty average.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • looks good
  • Price Point (under 25 bucks)
  • 810 tip and 510 tip included plus 510 adapter
  • build deck and good quality post screws
  • Included Tools and extras
  • top fill design is great
  • airflow adjustment is easy and smooth
  • 4ml capacity is good for a single coil RTA
Cons:
  • Flavor is just average
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this will lean towards the yes. It fills a big niche as there isn’t many single coil top air channeled down RTAs on the market. While it may not be the best flavor around it’s very leak resistant design and very forgiving wicking makes it a great option for someone wanting a single coil who has trouble with other RTAs leaking. At the price point of under 25 dollars it’s a good option for anyone who isn’t out chasing “the best flavor out there”. I’ll be adding this to my sheet.

Feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

I want to thank you guys for reading. This is Anthony Vapes, just keeping it honest as always, hopefully you all can say you’re doing the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Big thanks again to efun.top for sending me this RTA for review it can be purchased here https://www.efun.top/geekvape-zeus-rta.html for 24.99 (have to be logged in to see that price.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Good read. Have to say I'm getting good flavor from mine. Agree not stellar, but good enough. AF is the best of any tank I've tried. Nano still my favorite. Thanks Anthony.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Good read. Have to say I'm getting good flavor from mine. Agree not stellar, but good enough. AF is the best of any tank I've tried. Nano still my favorite. Thanks Anthony.
Yup I agree. It's good enough for the extra benefits just not anything great

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Astray

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I couldn't get the flavor out with this tank. Hell, even my Sapor 22 RTA has better flavor than this.Have tried building it using staple staggered and alien, none give a good flavor. Try different wicking method (combed out or without) Still not getting good flavor.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I couldn't get the flavor out with this tank. Hell, even my Sapor 22 RTA has better flavor than this.Have tried building it using staple staggered and alien, none give a good flavor. Try different wicking method (combed out or without) Still not getting good flavor.
Did you try using the provided 510 drip tip or shutting down the air flow some?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
it's not a flavor monster. it's an ok for flavor RTA that's easy to build/wick and leak resistant. If you want a flavor monster RTA there are much better options. check out my best of 2017 list

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There’s a large thread over at ECF with peeps talking about & posting pics of coil height etc. for best flavor.

Astray

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did you try using the provided 510 drip tip or shutting down the air flow some?
I did, I always close the airflow halfway on my RTAs.

Wicking it is very tricky. Sometimes I got good flavor, the other, i got nothing. So now i'm using my Serpent SMM more often

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Took me many builds and oh so many wicks to dial in my beloved Nanos. Only took a day with the Zeus and never did get the flavor dialed in on SMM. Not every rta is for everyone. Give the Zeus a few more builds and wicks and if you aren't loving it keep it for a backup.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I did, I always close the airflow halfway on my RTAs.

Wicking it is very tricky. Sometimes I got good flavor, the other, i got nothing. So now i'm using my Serpent SMM more often
Go to Geekvape’s website & look at the picture of where their coil height is placed. Someone on the forum confirmed they did try that coil position & the flavor was optimized.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I clip my legs using the deck base as my guide and it's working great for me at that height regardless of coil diameter. Tried going higher once and flavor loss was pretty significant.

VU Sponsors