Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Geekvape Medusa RDTA review and wick tutorial

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Anthony, I know you have enough experience now to know how much cotton to start out with, but is there any type of "rule of thumb" for us newbies to get an idea of how much to cut off before trying to stuff the coil?

Michael

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Anthony, I know you have enough experience now to know how much cotton to start out with, but is there any type of "rule of thumb" for us newbies to get an idea of how much to cut off before trying to stuff the coil?

Michael
i just eyeball it where the cotton looks about the same size as the coil and try to fit it through and if it doesn't go in good i take a little off until it's the right amount. also start with more cause you can pull off easily to make it smaller. it should fit through easily but not have any space visable between the cotton and the coil. wiggle back and forth and make sure it's not pulling the coil when you do or it's overstuffed.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks! I kinda had an idea that might work.

It'll be next month but I intend to get me a new Medusa to pair with my new G2. Of all the reviews I've read and your videos, this looks like my best option.

Michael

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks! I kinda had an idea that might work.

It'll be next month but I intend to get me a new Medusa to pair with my new G2. Of all the reviews I've read and your videos, this looks like my best option.

Michael
glad i could help :) i'm sure you'll love the medusa and everything goes good with a G2

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you seen the "Medusa Reborn"? They added the separate Goon style drip tip, and I really like the new deck. Plus, it looks like they deepened the juice well by half a ml.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Have you seen the "Medusa Reborn"? They added the separate Goon style drip tip, and I really like the new deck. Plus, it looks like they deepened the juice well by half a ml.
Yes i'll be getting that as soon as it's out. Love the original medusa and this one looks even better somehow

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm hoping for a sale before long at something approaching half price. I'm still gonna grab the original hopefully the first of the month.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm hoping for a sale before long at something approaching half price. I'm still gonna grab the original hopefully the first of the month.
I think it's on sale for like 20 bucks already lol

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I didn't know that. I need to get out more! :D

On a side note, have you tried 1000ml.me for your budget juice reviews? I haven't tried it myself, but I saw MannyScoot and Mikhail Naumav talking about how good it was on one of the threads. $75 a liter! If it's good, it's definitely a bargain. :)

They have a sample pack-30ml of each of their 10 flavors for $35 I think. I've thought about trying it but I make all my own juice and I need some building stuff and some more atomizers.

You probably already know about it, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

https://1000ml.me/30ml-10-flavor-sample-pack

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I didn't know that. I need to get out more! :D

On a side note, have you tried 1000ml.me for your budget juice reviews? I haven't tried it myself, but I saw MannyScoot and Mikhail Naumav talking about how good it was on one of the threads. $75 a liter! If it's good, it's definitely a bargain. :)

They have a sample pack-30ml of each of their 10 flavors for $35 I think. I've thought about trying it but I make all my own juice and I need some building stuff and some more atomizers.

You probably already know about it, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

https://1000ml.me/30ml-10-flavor-sample-pack
Yeah I got the sample pack. Wasn't too impressed. A few were ok but nothing I'd want a 1 liter bottle of lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I heard that! ;) Ok, well I just wanted to mention it. Those guys were raving about it, but taste is so subjective, the only way to know for sure is try it. Since I DIY, it's a non-issue for me.:)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I heard that! ;) Ok, well I just wanted to mention it. Those guys were raving about it, but taste is so subjective, the only way to know for sure is try it. Since I DIY, it's a non-issue for me.:)
Its very light on the flavor. The fruit ones were decent.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great review mate
Looking forward to trying this got it with the Geekvape mech pro kit although have to say my top section feels a little lose ...like it's free moving rather than offering resistence between the lock and unlock positions? Did you notice this maybe I need to change the oring or something

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Great review mate
Looking forward to trying this got it with the Geekvape mech pro kit although have to say my top section feels a little lose ...like it's free moving rather than offering resistence between the lock and unlock positions? Did you notice this maybe I need to change the oring or something
The top or middle part?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The top bit you swivel that locks and unlocks

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Oh by the way I did bloody laugh at the 10 second mark I do stuff like that don't even realise you do it

That's having kids for you!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The top bit you swivel that locks and unlocks
so the middle part? yeah it's not threaded so it free spins but the oring is good so it's not loose. I really like the deisgn of it
Oh by the way I did bloody laugh at the 10 second mark I do stuff like that don't even realise you do it

That's having kids for you!

LMAO what did i do?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
so the middle part? yeah it's not threaded so it free spins but the oring is good so it's not loose. I really like the deisgn of it

LMAO what did i do?

Cool ok I'll check on that when I wick her up and add juice

It's the <blop> Noise when taking the drip tip out

VU Sponsors