Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Geekvape Blade Mod Tech Review. Dual 2x700 mod

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Geekvape Blade Dual 2x700 Mod. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Geekvape Blade is the latest mod from long time manufacturer Geekvape and is a 2X700 mod (takes 21700 and 20700 batteries) that comes with an adapter for 18650 batteries. What I like best about the adapter is instead of a cover to put on the batteries, it’s actually a battery trey you slide into the mod to reduce the size of the battery tray. Great Idea for sure. It’s available in 4 colors, Matte Black, Starry Night, Poppy, and Crystal Sand (rainbow)

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • 235W powerful and light TC MOD
  • Compatible with wide variety of battery
  • 0.015s fast firing speed
  • Friendly user interface
  • Centered 510 thread
  • Advanced aircraft grade material
  • Tri-button design for easy operation
  • Power/TC/TCR/VPC/BYPASS modes
  • Size: 93 x 52 x 38mm
  • Battery Type: 2*18650(with adapter)/20700/21700 Battery (Not included)
  • Power Range: 5-235W
  • Material: Aircraft-grade PPS
  • Resistance Range: 0.05-3.0ohm
  • Working Modes: Power/TC/TCR/VPC/BYPASS
  • Thread: 510 thread
  • Package: Gifts Box
Included in box:
  • 1pc Blade MOD
  • 1pc 18650 Battery Adapter
  • 1pc User Manual
  • 1pc USB Cable
Picture Album (includes spreadsheet and chart)
https://imgur.com/a/KbG2K

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this mod, i was pretty impressed with the looks and weight. It’s really small and has a nice design to it. I got the starry night one and I like the coloring on it, but for those who don’t there is a matte black version as well and a few other options. It’s also really light for the size mod. They claim it’s made out of Aircraft Grade PPS, so I had to look up what that is, and it’s Polyphenylene Sulfide, which is a really strong type of plastics commonly used in automotive and industrial applications. I won’t get into detail but you can read more on it here The bottom has a rounded front (as does the top) so tilting it forward makes it wobble a bit. Kind of a recurring theme for me lately but it’s not as bad as the mojo. I made a gif
oTagLCO.gif

showing that. It’s also kinda easy to tip over but you’ll notice this mostly if you have a heavy atomizer on it and take out the batteries and place it down without batteries to counterbalance the weight of the tank. It’ll tip itself over. Outside of that though, I was pretty impressed with it from the start.

Watt Mode Performance (chart and spreadsheet in picture album)
Let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing, but since it’s a dual 2x700 mod I used the ijoy 5 leg 20700 Batteries instead of my normal sony VTC5A i use for 18650 mods. Testing resistances were done at .11 , .15, .2, and .49 ohms. wattage points were max (235), 200, 150, 100, 75, 50, and 25. At .11 ohms it maxed out at 232 watts and 46 amps. For the rest of the testing it was low 1 to 5 watts with the lower the wattages the more accurate it was. It was 1 watt high at 25. At .15 it maxed out at 240 watts. The rest of the tests it was never off by more than 4. For the .2 test it maxed out at 241 watts. At 200 setting it was 6 watts high, but everything else never off by more than 2. For the .49 testing it maxed out at 175 watts and 9.257 volts. The rest of the testing it was never off by more than 1 watt except for the 150 test where it was 6 high. The volts shows there is a boost circuit in this mod which is a big plus to me for a dual battery mod

Overall I was pretty impressed with the performance of this mod. At 100 or less it was usually within a watt or 2, at 150+ it was only 5-6 off at worst case. The high volt output is proof of a boost circuit which is a nice bonus. The most amps i got was 46 which is really good for a dual battery mod. The average is 40 overall but for dual 2x700 mods most are around 45ish but i’ve only had the pleasure of testing a handful of them (ijoy diamond, Vboy 222, RX2 27100, and geekvape blade) It can pretty much do it’s full watt range from .11 to .2 at minimum which is nice and it is accurately rated since it does do 241 watts. The watt curve is awesome as well and works like a full curve instead of set points where it does X watts for Y amount of time. The curve you see on the screen is what the mod produces

Simplified TL:DR Performance summary
Mod performance is excellent. Accurately rated. Accuracy is really good, most of the time dead on or within a watt or 2 of the setting at 100 or less. 150 or more can be up to 5-6 watts off. High amp limit of 46, max watts 241, Max volts 9.257 so there is a boost circuit. Watt curve mode is awesome as well.

Temperature Control Performance
Using SS316 wire with the TCR mode and TCR set to 92 (SS default is 105 so i went with TCR mode instead) , I tested 6 builds a single round spaced, a dual round spaced, and 2 fancy single coils and 2 fancy dual coil builds. There is power adjustment on this mod in temp control mode for the full watt range. However I found adjusting the watts does nothing noticeable for ramp up. Even with it set at 200 the screen itself would only read our 40-50ish most of the time to start the vape. Reminds me a lot of the issue with the drag and voopoo mods in regards to that. With smaller builds it’s not an issue but even with my single coil build that needs about 60 watts, the ramp up was far too slow (.2 ohm resistance). Only smaller builds will have a decent ramp up. As far as performance goes, it’s pretty anemic. I had to push it up to 550F to get any sort of a decent vape on my builds and even then it felt like it throttled too much and was always a weak vape. Overall It’s a fail for me in temp mode.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Other Usage Notes
The mod has a battlestar like shape to it and is very comfortable to hold. I love that it weighs so little. It’s also not overly large considering it can take 21700 batteries. It’s not much bigger than a lot of dual battery mods. It can handle 25mm atomizers without overhang due to the rounded front. It can't handle a 30mm. There is no button rattle on this mod at all, it’s really solid feeling. It features a nice size screen on the front like the aegis and gbox 200. The fire button is a round shaped button with texture on it like the mojo and switcher buttons and nice and clicky. There is a green LED around the fire button that lights up when you press it. The 510 appears to be pretty good. I didn’t take it apart but i used 10 atomizers on it and none gave me any issues and I did pull at it quite a bit as well. Far from scientific but still.

Usage is simple. 5 clicks to turn it on or off. 3 clicks to enter menu, up and down to cycle modes. Press fire to change settings within the mode (it’ll scroll down) and hold fire to accept. Fire and up or Fire and down adjusts the screen brightness and holding up and down locks the settings. Overall very easy to use.

Pros:
  • Power performance
  • Watt curve mode
  • accurately rated
  • Build Quality
  • lightweight but durable
  • Nice looks and coloring
  • color options
  • handles 25mm atomizers
  • Takes 21700, 20700, and 18650 batteries.
  • easy to use
  • price point (under 50 bucks)
  • fills a much needed niche of a good dual 2x700 mod
  • nice large bright screen
  • no button rattle, solid built
  • boost circuit
  • included 18650 adapter trey
Cons:
  • Easy to tip over
  • Poor temp control
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not? I don’t do the hard yes or no thing, but as a temp control mod it’s an easy no. For power however i’m gonna lean pretty heavy towards the yes, Many people have been waiting for a good 2x700 mod and this is one of them for sure. I’ll be adding it to my sheet as a power mode mod.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

It can be purchased here for 48.50 https://www.healthcabin.net/geekvape-blade-235w-box-mod-p/17399.html

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from healthcabin.net

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It’s also kinda easy to tip over but you’ll notice this mostly if you have a heavy atomizer on it and take out the batteries and place it down without batteries to counterbalance the weight of the tank. It’ll tip itself over.

LMAO, this happened to me, thought I had just placed the mod on an uneven surface but reading this made me realize it just was never gonna stay upright without batteries and a tank on top. Now I am treating mine like a weeble wobble after seeing your gif :giggle:

Happy to see it performs in power mode and I agree, I love the VPC mode, it is probably the only one I use more often than not.

Great review bro and thanks as always for the tech specs, I can't get enough!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
LMAO, this happened to me, thought I had just placed the mod on an uneven surface but reading this made me realize it just was never gonna stay upright without batteries and a tank on top. Now I am treating mine like a weeble wobble after seeing your gif :giggle:

Happy to see it performs in power mode and I agree, I love the VPC mode, it is probably the only one I use more often than not.

Great review bro and thanks as always for the tech specs, I can't get enough!
thanks man! and yeah the tipping is funny as hell. u should see the mojo gif i made in that review

VU Sponsors