Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Freemax Mesh Pro Sub Ohm Tank Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Freemax Mesh Pro Sub Ohm Tank. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Freemax Mesh Pro is the latest sub ohm tank from long time tank manufacturer Freemax. They aren’t as popular as other manufacturers, but they do have a long history of making some excellent tanks. Probably the premier sub ohm tank maker currently. In 2017 they knocked it out of the park with the fireluke, fireluke pro, fireluke mesh, and firelord tanks. Now in 2018 they released the updated version of the Fireluke Pro and Fireluke with the Mesh Pro. It’s available in 6 colors all of them resin. Black, Orange, Purple, Pink, Green, and Blue. (they updated their red which was really pink to be named pink now which is nice) and I think they are all pretty accurately labeled now color wise. I see elementvape has them for 23.95 which is a good price.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • 25mm Diameter
  • 6mL Maximum Juice Capacity
  • Optional 5mL & 4mL Juice Capacity - Slimmer Profile
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction with Resin
  • Mesh Pro Coil System
  • Convenient Push-Slide Top Fill Design
  • Dual Bottom Adjustable Airflow Control
  • 18mm Wide Bore 810 Drip Tip
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 Mesh Pro Sub-Ohm Tank
  • 1 Kanthal Single Mesh 0.15ohm Coil
  • 1 Kanthal Double Mesh 0.2ohm Coil
  • 1 Replacement Pyrex Glass
  • 1 Set of Replacement O-Rings
  • 1 User Manual
Coil Options (coils are kanthal unless otherwise stated) and uses same Firelock Coils as the Original Fireluke Tank and fireluke pro
  • 0.15 ohm Sextuple Coil (60-140 Watts)
  • 0.15 ohm Duodenary (80-180 Watts)
  • 0.15 ohm DVC Coil (60-120 Watts)
  • 0.25 ohm DVC Coil (50-100 Watts)
  • Single Mesh 0.15ohm Coil - Rated for 40-70W
  • Double Mesh 0.2ohm Coil - Rated for 60-90W
  • Triple Mesh 0.15ohm Coil - Rated for 80-110W
  • SS316L Single Mesh 0.12 Coil - Rated for 400°F - 550°F
  • Firelock RBA head (sold separate)
Picture Album
album

Looks and Design
The Freemax Mesh Pro Tank is a Beautiful Tank. I’ve had all the tanks in their fireluke line and they are all stunning in their own way, sadly they dropped the the carbon fibre options which I think looked great. It’s a pretty large and feels really well built. There is no branding visible on the tank at all. All 6 color options come with a matching Resin 810 Drip tip which is nice. Overall though I find it to be a nice looking tank that follows the same design concepts as many sub ohm tanks.

Features and Functions
The Freemax Mesh Pro tank uses a standard 810 drip tip so you can also use your own if you’d like, but with the matching resin one’s they include, I’d stick with the included one personally. I think this is the best change from the original fireluke which used a proprietary drip tip but the change was made prior to this one with the fireluke pro. All the threading on this tank is excellent. It’s a very nicely built tank with good quality. The coil system is a screw in type into the base much like most sub ohm tanks on the market. You need the tank to be empty to swap coils. Airflow is 2 large holes equally spaced apart on the bottom. It’s plenty of air, easily made for DTL vaping. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust despite having no knurling on it and it’s on a stopper. It’s nice and smooth. Filling is easy as well, unlike the previous freemax tanks this was the 1 big change made. They got rid of the screw off fill and replaced it with a slide back fill. There is a small red dot on the metal frame part of the top cap to let you know that is where to push to slide it back. It’s a single hole and the hole is quite large and easy to fill with any bottle type but i wouldn’t pour into it. They also have a small air outlet hole as well which is a nice design

Fireluke Pro vs Fireluke vs Mesh Pro
Since Freemax makes 3 tanks that are pretty similar and use the same coils i assume people will ask which one they should i get I figured i’d do a quick point out of the differences so people can decide for themselves when compared with each other.

• Mesh Pro - standard 810 tip, no RBA included, comes with mesh coils, 6ml and 5ml bubble tanks included, 4ml optional. Slide back fill. 6 Resin colors only

• Fireluke Pro - Standard 810 tip, no RBA included, comes with standard coils. 4ml capacity only no bubble tank. Screw off fill. 6 resin colors and 6 carbon fibre colors

• Fireluke - Proprotary tip, RBA is included, comes with standard coils, 5ml and 4ml bubble glass included, screw off fill. 6 resin colors and 2 Metal colors (black and SS)

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? I’ve used plenty of these style of coils since i reviewed the past 2 tanks that took them as well. For the standard ones you can refer to those reviews. For this review i’m going to focus on the 4 new ones. They include the single mesh and double mesh, but also make a triple mesh and a SS mesh coil. Those are the 4 i used for the review. I decided since there are so many to try I was going to run 120ml through all of them. 120ml is a good amount for good coil life and if i used them until they completely died this review would probably be another month from now. All 4 coils lasted 120ml easily and were still pretty much like new and didn’t show any signs of dying. I pulled one out you can see in the pic above (was pulled from the triple mesh coil) and it’s not really mesh but more of a honeycomb.

So i’ll start with the order i used them in. I started with the double mesh (included in package) i found it to be accurately rated. It was best to me in the 80-85 watt range and had really good flavor. Then i went to the Triple mesh (not included in package) which again i found it to be accurately rated as well being best in the 95-105 watt range. This is where the tank really shined for me. The performance flavorwise was excellent and worth the bump up in wattage. Then it was onto the single mesh which performed good but not as good as the double and triple mesh. still the flavor was above average and good in the 60-65 watt range and close to the fireluke mesh tank coils. Lastly the SS316 coils. I vaped them mostly in TC mode which worked quite well on a few mods using 100 watts for the power (temp depends on the mod however) but for example the aspire puxos was great at 430F with no other adjustments needed on the mod. This will depend heavily on your mod itself. If you wanted to vape in power mode with them it’s around 65-70 watts. It performed good similar to the single mesh.

Overall The double and triple mesh are where this tank really shined and in my experience was the most flavorful sub ohm tank coils i’ve had to date. The SS mesh is good for temp control and the best TC compatible premade coil i’ve come across along with the one for the fireluke mesh and the single mesh is still good and better than alot of tanks coils on the market, just not as good as the other options here but offer a lower watt requirement then the double and triple mesh which may suit some people’s needs. I also gave one to a buddy of mine to double my results for coil life. He used the 2 included coils (double and single mesh), preferred the double mesh and didn’t measure MLs used but got over 2500k puffs per coil. I’ve had lots of freemax coils and in general they last long and rarely have a dud coil and give good flavor so their track record is great for coils in general.

Overall Impressions
Overall I really love this tank, it’s up there with the best of them for sure. Freemax has been kinda dominating the sub ohm tank market IMO (as far as good products not sales) and this is no exception to the rule. The Original fireluke was one of my 3 favorite tanks of 2017 and the fireluke pro which i didn’t get until 2018 but was excellent as well. All 3 use the same coils and i described the differences above to help people choose what suits their needs best. I love the included bubble glasses but would have liked to see the RBA deck included, but you can likely find it for sale somewhere separate. I liked the new slide back as well but personally i prefer the screw off top style. I can see some people having an issue with the slide back opening but it’s stiff enough i didn’t have any issues with it personally

Pros
  • Build Quality
  • Looks
  • easy to fill
  • No Leaks
  • Color Options (6 total)
  • Standard 810 matching tip
  • AFC adjustable easily on mod
  • thread quality
  • Coil performance
  • Coil Life
  • coil options (8 in total)
  • price point (under 25 bucks)
  • Optional RBA deck
  • 6ml and 5ml bubble glass included
  • double mesh and triple mesh really shine and new TC compatible SS316 mesh option
Cons
  • lack of included RBA like original
  • i prefer the screw off fill over the slide back fill personally
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this tank or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but i’m going to have to lean pretty heavy towards the yes. It’s one of the best sub ohm tanks on the market for flavor and the coil life is great as well. Hard to find any cons with the tank at all. I had to be pretty picky. If you are in the market for a new sub ohm tank it’s worth the look for sure. It’s not much different then the original fireluke and fireluke pro and some may prefer the other ones but i listed out the differences to help you decide. Element vape has them for 23.95 currently with 4 colors in stock.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Freemax

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love mine ..
072a2b44e7620739cebc11d562c61c59.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk