Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Famovape Yup RDA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Famovape Yup RDA, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Yup RDA is the newest RDA from new company Famovape. They appeared in 2017 and so far to date have released 1 mod, 1 RDA, and 1 sub ohm tank as far as i can see. The Yup RDA is a dual coil RDA featuring a “Y” designed postless deck and a top airflow, pretty similar to the dead rabbit from hellvape. It’s available in 5 colors, SS, Black, Rainbow, Gold, and Blue. I did some price checks and it’s around 25 bucks online.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 24mm rda with large build space
  • 304 stainless steel shell
  • Air flow directly go through the coil
  • Unique Y-shaped deck
  • Four build post
  • Single Terminal Per Post and 3.5mm Each Terminal
  • Gold plated post
  • Single and dual coil available
  • Side Mounted Flathead Screws
  • PEEK Insulator
  • 5mm Deep juice Well
  • Adjustable top side diagonal airflow
  • Knurled grip to adjust the airflow with ease
  • Squonking pin included
  • Standard 510 Pin with Gold Plated Contact
  • 810 Resin Drip Tip.
Included in box:
  • 1 x Famovape Yup RDA
  • 1 x 810 Delrin Drip Tip
  • 1 x Bottom Feed Pin
  • 1 x 510 Adapter
  • 1 x Spare Parts Pack
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RDA I was reminded of the dead rabbit. It’s pretty similar which stirred up some drama which i won’t address or get into. The deck has a postless style but raised up and at an angle which they call a Y deck. The airflow is pretty much top but gets angled down a bit, the airflow reminded me of the 502 RDA from jai haze. Overall i wasn’t really impressed or turned off from the start

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s made primarily for dual coils, however you can install a single coil if you wanted to. It’s a postless deck with the posts raised up and shaped like a Y, this means you really don’t need to pre-cut leads and the angled posts make it easy to cut the excess off after installing which is nice. They use good quality flathead screws and have plenty of extra ones included although a set of hex would have been nice. In short it’s a postless deck that’s a little easier to build on then others.

Wicking is pretty easy as well, just drop it down the sides into the juice well which is pretty much non existent and will only have a juice well when your top cap is on since the air holes are really high

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a Dual coil RDA only as intended. I ran 4 builds in this. The 2 above, one larger fancy coil build then those, and one more simple round wire (22 Gauge 3mm ID 8 wraps). All Builds 3mm-3.5mm ID. There is room to go bigger as well, much bigger, could easily fit a 4mm ID and maybe even a 5mm ID but the air isn’t there to support large coils so I felt 3mm was a nice sweet spot. Height wise, there wasn’t a massive difference in how high or low you placed it. As long as you don’t go crazy high it’s fine to use right at the deck or a little above it. Overall flavor is just average. A little better then i got for the dead rabbit but nothing to write home about and not nearly as good as the top RDAs on the market. Still it gets the job done. If you like the dead rabbit more than i did, you’ll like this one better.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a side airflow RDA with 2 rows of air slots. AFC is really tight to adjust however. If you want to adjust it it’s easier to pop out the cap and reseat it. Lubing it up makes it a little easier but the oring is a little tight there. It’s a straight cut off airflow, i felt staging would have been a better idea. It comes with a standard 810 friction fit black delrin tip. The colored ones come with a matching resin however. They also include a 510 adapter. The tip fits great and isn’t too loose or too tight. o-ring “TFV8” style tips also work in it perfectly.

The quality is good as well. No complaints outside of the tight air adjust. The deck and post screws are all nice. The 510 pin is gold plated as is the BF 510 pin that is included as well. The top cap has notches that lock into the deck which is nice making it easy to screw on and off the mod and line up your airflow correctly. It’s a 24mm diameter so should not overhang on any mod really. The juice well is lacking but with the top cap on, there is plenty of room for juice due to the high airflow. There is a ton of spare o-rings and spare post screws. I also experienced no issue with whistling or loud airflow either. It’s a pretty quiet RDA with nice smooth airflow. Branding is a little in your face for my liking. It has a large hand giving the peace sign or “dueces” on one side but at least it’s the same color so it doesn't stand out as much. Not a big deal but not a big fan of it myself.

Pros:
  • Good Build Quality
  • 810 drip tip (delrin or resin depending on color) and 510 adapter
  • Good quality post screws (flat head grub screws)
  • price point (around 25 bucks)
  • standard 24k gold plated 510 pin and squonk pin included
  • nice postless deck
  • easy to build on deck
  • good protection for over-dripping or over squonking
  • color options
Cons:
  • flavor is just average
  • airflow is hard to adjust
  • lack of a real juice well
  • a set of hex screws would have been nice
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one i’m going to leave at 50/50. The flavor left a lot to be desired but it wasn’t bad enough that i would tell people to avoid it. It’s essentially a slight better version of the dead rabbit RDA. If you really love the DR you’ll like this better, If you don’t like the DR, you won’t like this one either. It didn’t impress me enough to add to my sheet so i won’t be adding it. It’s not bad, just average with good overdrip/oversquonk protection

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from famovape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors