Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Famovape Fat Baby Mesh Tank Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Famovape Fat Baby Mesh Sub Ohm Tank. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Fat Baby Mesh Tank is a new sub ohm tank from new company Famovape. Famovape is a company that started up in 2017 and have released 3 products in total all in 2018. Earlier in the year they had a mod called the bit box 218, in spring they released the yup RDA which i’ve reviewed recently and now in May they released their first sub ohm tank with the Fat Baby Mesh. It’s available in 4 colors, SS, black, Rainbow, and gold and they sell on their website for 24.99 to 31.50 depending on color choice, but I also found them online for 24.99 regardless of color.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • 25mm Diameter
  • Push to Open Top Fill System Fill Port
  • 4.7ml Capacity with Standard Glass
  • 6 ml Capacity with Bubble Glass
  • Fat Baby Coil Family
  • Quadruple Adjustable 4 mm by 2mm Airslots
  • 9mm 810 Resin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • Stainless Steel and Glass Construction
Included in box:
  • 1 Fat Baby Tank
  • 1 Fat Baby Coil (0.15Ω Mesh)
  • 1 Bubble Replacement Glass Tube (6ml)
  • 2 O-rings
  • 1 User Manual
Coil Options (coils are kanthal)
  • M15 Mesh coil 0.15 ohm (50-80 Watts)
Picture Album
album

Looks and Design
The Famovape Fat Baby Mesh is a pretty nice looking tank. I got the black one and personally looking at the stock pics I think it’s the worse of the bunch due to the red lettering. Would look nice with a red or black mod but kinda clashes with other colors. The other 3 options look much nicer with the rainbow, gold, and SS. It has a lot of design to it and the word push where you need to slide back the top to fill. All the colors have a small gold ring right above the AFC as well. It’s a pretty standard tank though outside of the designs on it and looks nice in all the colors really except for the black IMO. The dragon scale resin tips though give it a nice look as well and are becoming a standard for many sub ohm tanks

Features and Functions
The Famovape Fat Baby Mesh tank uses a standard 810 drip tip so you can also use your own if you’d like, but with the matching dragon scale resin one’s they include, I’d stick with the included one personally. All the threading on this tank is excellent. It’s a very nicely built tank with good quality. The coil system is a screw in type into the base much like most sub ohm tanks on the market. You need the tank to be empty to swap coils. Airflow is 4 smaller holes equally spaced apart on the bottom instead of the normal 2 larger holes we see on most tanks. It’s plenty of air, easily made for DTL vaping. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust despite having no knurling on it and it’s on a stopper. It’s nice and smooth. Filling is easy as well, you just slide back the top cap and expose the 1 large fill hole. A design made popular in eleaf tanks starting with the melo 300 IIRC. The hole is a good size and easy to fill with any bottle type or just pouring juice into the tank but it’s better to just use a bottle with a top or a dripper. You have to pour carefully if you just want to pour juice in. This one does not come with a RBA deck and i don’t see one available either. The tank comes with 2 glass sections. A standard 4.7ml one and a 6ml bubble tank. The addition of the bubble tank is pretty nice and i love having both options.

Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? There is only the 1 coil option for this tank and that is the M15 coil. It’s a mesh kanthal coil at .15 ohms rated for 50-80 watts. Personally i found them bets in the 60-70 watt range depending on your mod so pretty well rated. I wouldn’t push them to 80 personally though but it’s not grossly overrated like some so no complaints. Coil life was good as well netting me about 90-110 mls of juice per coil. 100ml is really what i look for personally i think it’s a decent number to aim for. My main problem with these coils though is they just lack flavor. I’ve had a ton of tanks and a large time vaping this one was done side by side with the m-tank and mesh pro and cascade baby SE all with mesh coils and all in the same watt range pretty much (60-70) and the flavor on this tank just doesn’t stack up. It’s decent, average not bad but nothing to write home about.

Overall Impressions
Overall I think the tank itself is ok. It’s nothing crazy or special or different. Looks like something ijoy, elaf, smok, etc would make. Not going to stand out by any means. It’s built well and priced pretty good but the coil performance is a big downer for me as a sub ohm tank will live and die with it’s coil performance. None of them do anything different or special then the rest and we get a lot of similar tanks on the market just flooding it. So it’s really about who makes the most flavorful and longest lasting coils at this point. And these don’t hold up. One more quick think to mention their site says on one spot that it comes with 3 coils, that’s incorrect. It’s only 2. 1 preinstalled and 1 spare.

Pros
  • Build Quality
  • Looks
  • Fill port
  • No Leaks
  • Color Options (4 total)
  • Standard 810 resin matching tip
  • AFC adjustable easily
  • thread quality
  • Coil Life
  • price point (around 25 USD)
  • 4.7ml standard capacity is good
  • included 6ml bubble glass is great
Cons
  • no RBA deck available
  • only 1 coil option
  • coil flavor is just decent
  • doesn’t do anything to stand out from the crowd
  • not a fan of the red markings on the black color
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this tank or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but i’m going to have to lean a little towards the no. it’s not a bad tank by any means but it’s not a great one either. It’s a crowded market with sub ohm tanks and mesh coils these days and i just feel there are too many better options out there to choose this one.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Famovape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors