Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Eleaf Tance Max Pod Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Eleaf Tance Max Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Eleaf Tance Max Pod kit is the latest Pod Kit from popular vape manufacturer Eleaf. They are most popular for their pico series of mods and making small mods and stuff but their pod offerings so far have been disappointing outside of the elven which was very underrated. The tance max is a simple oval shaped style AIO Pod with refillable pods and a built in 1100mah battery and button press to fire. It’s available in 6 colors White, Black, Geometry, Seashell, Trick, and SeaBlue. Looking around online it’s priced at around 20-25 bucks for the kit mostly pre-order and out of China but a couple of sites have them in stock.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Size: 31.2 x 20.36 x 101mm
  • E-juice Capacity: 4ml
  • Battery Capacity: Built-in 1100mAh
  • Output Wattage: 15W Max
  • Resistance Range: 0.3ohm-3.0ohm
  • Charge Type: TYPE-C Charging
  • Three Color Battery Indicator Light
  • Green(100%-60%), Blue(59%-20%),Red(<=19%)
  • Innovative rotary refilling for easy operation
  • Available in 6 colors: Trick, Geometry, SeaShell, White, SeaBlue, Black
Coil Options
  • GS Air M 0.6ohm head (KA1 Mesh)
  • GS Air S 1.6ohm head (SS316)
Included in box:
  • 1 Tance Max Battery
  • 1 Tance Max Cartridge
  • 1 GS Air M 0.6ohm Head
  • 1 GS Air S 1.6ohm Head
  • 1 TYPE-C Cable
  • 1 User Manual
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The tance max i a oval style AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares, but those are sold separately and the coils are replaceable and you can reuse the pod like a Breeze 2 or Nord. Design wise it’s very similar to a smok nord. It’s a good size all things considered. There is also adjustable air which is a cool option to have via metal ring on the coil adapter like the breeze 2 or spryte. It has a large capacity of 4ml (also a 2ml EU version for TPD compliant). The battery is listed at 1100mah and it’s a non-adjustable output device. It features built in USB charging (USB C Type) but I couldn’t find any charge rate listed. I tested this 2 times with an inline USB meter and for the charge rate it charges at .93A max so 1A charge rate. It charges full in about 1 hour and 25 minutes. Battery size wise i got 1120-1125mahmah so no complaints there. Pretty damn good ratings on eleaf’s part for sure, but they should have listed a charge rate. It does have passthrough vaping as well like most (charges while passthrough no pausing) so u can hit it while it’s charging. No Drip tip, the mouthpiece is part of the pod itself.

The Eleaf Tance Max is very nicely built, and a little on the heavy side. Paint wise i have the Trick which is a matte black body with red graffiti panels on both sides that has a glossy finish. Not a fan of the panels personally but shows no signs of wearing either. No complaints or wearing on the paint, and some of the other colors look much nicer IMO like the white one. The pods attach to the battery via a magnet and are easy to get in and out and fit really well so good job there and fit it nicely with no wiggle or play. To remove the pod just pull it out. To replace the coils they just unscrew out of the bottom of the pod and it comes with a metal adapter for the coil head like a breeze 2 or spryte. The filling is pretty basic. It’s like the rubber plug style but instead of a plug you just slide the door. I really like that and think it’s a great idea for filling. It’s one of my favorite fill methods along with the innokin EQ pods.

Usage is pretty easy. It has 1 button which is a fire button. Click fire 5 times to turn on or off. You can tap the fire button to see the battery charge as well. The battery LED is inside the fire button and is Green(100%-60%), Blue(59%-20%),Red(<=19%). I wish it was a little better spaced out though but not terrible. The pod is fully exposed which is nice, and while it’s tinted it’s not horribly tinted so seeing your juice level is mostly ok, still would be much easier with a clear pod and I’ll keep saying that in every review until I'm blue in the face or companies start listening.

Coil Performance and details
The Eleaf tance Max Pod Kit comes with 1 Pod but 2 coils which is great. All kits should always include 2 coils/pods. There are 2 coil options for this kit and 1 of each is included which is a 1.6 ohm SS316 MTL coil and a .6 ohm DTL KA-1 mesh coil. I used all 50/50 and 60/40 nic salt juices 20-25 mg nicotine. I’ll start by going over the .6 ohm coil. Flavor is hard to judge on it because all it did was spit back at me with lots of flooding. Everytime I cleared it out it would come right back. I wouldn’t complain if it was a little here and there but the flooding on this coil was terrible. I vaped about 6ml of juice in it before I gave up and was tired of dealing with that. Now to the 1.6 ohm MTL SS316 coil. Flavor was just passable. Not good enough to be a tier 1 or 2, but not bad either. Just vapable really. This one isn’t really MTL either but some may consider it a loose MTL vape while some a really restricted DTL vape. Kind of in that gray area. Sadly It lasted me only about 2ml (half a pod) so not good life. They didn’t send any extras to try either. Overall both coils were pretty bad in their own way

Pros:
  • color options (6 total)
  • Large 4 ml capacity
  • Good build quality on battery
  • nice panels
  • good size for easy portability
  • good ratings for battery size
  • charges fast enough (about 1 hour and 25 mins)
  • pods are easy to remove and install as are coils
  • reusable pod (just replace coil)
  • easy to fill
  • Passthrough Vaping
  • led is easy to see for battery meter
  • excellent battery life
  • comes with 2 coils
  • adjustable airflow
Cons:
  • Pods tinted
  • Coils are bad
  • charge rate not listed
  • battery meter should be more spaced out and maybe a 4th step
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and this one I have to lean towards the no pretty heavily. The battery itself is fine like most pods, but it’s let down by poor coils as usual so it has to be a fail in my book. Lots of good systems with bad coils out there sadly. The tance max was basically eleaf making their version of a nord/breeze 2 hybrid and while the thought process was good, sadly they missed out what made those 2 systems good which are the coils. Hopefully they can improve their coils for the next one. I won’t be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below, feel free to check that out if you are in the market for anything.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from eleaf

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors