Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Eleaf Rotor Tank Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Eleaf Rotor Sub Ohm Tank. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: this is marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Eleaf Rotor Sub Ohm Tank is the latest sub ohm tank from longtime vape manufacturer Eleaf. Eleaf is part of the joyetech family so has been around a long time, and is the best brand out of the joyetech family overall and typically makes pretty average stuff. The Rotor is a pretty basic tank these days and uses mesh coils and is compatible with their past HW line but introduces a new coil. The subohm tank market is kind of dominated these days by freemax and horizontech and uwell so we’ll see if this one can stack up. It’s available in 4 colors Black, SS, Blue, and Dazzling (aka Rainbow). Looking around online I see it around 30 USD mostly for pre-order but in stock on a couple of sites.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Diameter (atomizer base): 26mm
  • Diameter (5.5ml glass tube): 28mm
  • Height: 56mm
  • Weight: 66g
  • E-liquid capacity: 5.5ml / 2ml
  • Colors: Black, Silver, Blue, Dazzling
Included in box:
  • 1 ROTOR Atomizer (5.5ml version)
  • 1 HW-T 0.2ohm Head (Preinstalled)
  • 1 User Manual
  • 1 HW-T2 0.2ohm Head
  • Spare Parts
Coil Options
  • HW-T Rotor Mesh Coil .2 ohm rated 40-90 watts KA-1
  • HW-T2 Rotor Mesh Coil .2ohm rated 35-75W KA-1
  • Compatible with other eleaf HW coil heads
Picture Album
album

Looks and Design
The Eleaf Rotor Sub Ohm Tank is a pretty standard looking sub ohm tank. If you used any tank in the past 2-3 years it won’t be much of a surprise. It comes with bubble glass only for the standard version with a 5.5ml capacity. I have the Black one and it looks decent. Overall though this type of tank is pretty popular these days so nothing stands out really about it. They offer it in 4 colors so decent color variety. Would have been nice if they used a resin tip over the black delrin one or included one of each though.

Features and Functions
The Eleaf Rotor Sub Ohm Tank uses a Standard 810 Deltin o-ringed fit drip tip so you can use most of your own as long as they have o-rings. The drip tip does fit good as well. All the threading on this tank is good. It’s a very nicely built tank with good quality. The coil system is a standard screw in system like most. Works good so no complaints there. Airflow is 2 large holes equally spaced apart on the bottom. It’s plenty of air, easily made for DTL vaping. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust and it’s on a stopper. Filling is easy as well, it uses a slide back to expose the 1 large fill hole. It worked great with no issues for me and is very easy to fill. The one difference with the rotor to other tanks is that there is a “child lock” so you have to push a button on the side in order to slide it back. I like it since I’ve seen some complain about slide tanks opening up in their pocket so ti protects against that even though I’ve personally never had that issue. My only complaint is it has the rubber flapper on it so you need a fine tooth bottle, you can’t just pour it in or use a twist top bottle. Just like the most recent wismec tank. I got the standard version so it came with 2 bubble glasses only for a nice 5.5ml capacity. It’s listed at 26mm diameter at the base but 28mm at the bubble glass. They also offer a TPD version with a 2ml slim glass.

Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? There are 2 included coil options no RBA head. It uses the standard eleaf HW coils as many of their tanks so many of the coils have existed for a long time and probably many people reading this have used one before. According to the specs it will include 1 of each new coil which are the HW-T and HW-T2 however my sample version only came with the HW-T and then a HW-M coil which is an older coil I’ve used before in past reviews. So I’ll be focusing on the new coil only which is the HW-T. The new coils have the “T” label for Turbine as they were inspired by the turbine engine but let's make it more simple here there is just a mini rotor hence the tank name in the middle of the coil or in layman's terms, a fan blade which is supposed to improve the flavor. Does it work though? Not really. It’s an average coil flavorwise. It’s not bad by any means but not great. I’ve had better but also have had much worse. I found it best around 65 watts with the air half closed. I was able to get about 100ml of juice out of the coil as well so good coil life. Overall the new coils are pretty average.

Pros
  • Build Quality
  • Looks
  • No Leaks
  • Color Options (4 total)
  • AFC adjustable easily
  • thread quality
  • large capacity (5.5ml with each bubble tank)
  • good coil life
  • child lock on slide back so it can’t open in pocket
  • compatible with all HW coils
Cons
  • no RBA deck option
  • Fill is only easy with fine tooth bottle due to flap. Can’t pour in juice or use a twist top bottle
  • plain 810 delrin drip tip
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this tank or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, ad this one leans a little towards the no. Not because it’s bad, it’s a solid and average performer coil wise in a nicely built tank, it’s just still lacking flavorwise compared to others on the market in the same power range. If you already like HW coils it’s a good option to use them in but nothing i’d run out and buy over what I already have. Typical eleaf product. Average and solid. Not great but not bad either. I won’t be adding this to my sheet of recs linked below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Eleaf

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors