Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Eleaf Elven Pod Kit Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Eleaf Elven Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Eleaf Elven Pod is the latest Pod Kit from popular vape manufacturer Eleaf. They been around a long time in vaping and are one of the brands from Joyetech so really don’t need much of an introduction. They had a decent 2018 so far with a few nice power mode mods but nothing that stands out as really good or really bad. Just kind of a decent year. The Elven is a flat stick style AIO Pod system like a JUUL or infinix with refillable pods and a built in 360mah battery and is inhale to fire. It’s available in 5 colors Black, Gold, Silver, Red, and Blue. Looking around online i see it pretty cheap under 15 USD on a few china sites and 22.50 on breazy in the US and pod prices are as low as under 2 per pod but it’s mostly still pre-order on most sites.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Size: 20 x 10 x 100mm
  • Battery Capacity: Built-in 360mAh
  • Material: Aluminum Alloy + Plastic
  • Power Range: 5W-15W
  • E-juice Capacity: 1.6ml
  • Coil Resistance: 1.6ohm
  • Output Mode: Direct Output Mode
  • Charging Port: Micro USB
  • Different Airflows in one pod
  • Ultra Small, Lightweight and Portable
  • Easy Side fill
  • Taste the Flavors
  • No Buttons. Just Inhale
  • Easily Visible E-Liquid Level
  • Intuitive Battery Indicator
  • Multiple Production
Included in box:
  • 1 x Eleaf Elven Battery
  • 2 x Eleaf Elven Cartridges
  • 1 x QC USB Cable
  • 1 x User Manual
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Eleaf Elven is a stick or pen style AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares. It’s a pretty small size overall comparable to a JUUL in sizing and shape or a smok Infinix. There is Semi adjustable air on this device which is cool as most have no options for that. You have 2 options for the air and it depends which way you install the pod. On the body one side has an extra hole so if you put the pod in with it’s airhole on that same side (the airhole is the same side as the fill hole) you get a little more air. It’s a MTL vape to a loose MTL vape depending which way you put it in. It’s not super tight but also not as loose as some other pods. It has a decent capacity of 1.6 ml. The battery is listed at 360mah so pretty good size based on the size of the device itself but still a bit smaller than most. The pods are 1.6 ohm so really low power compared to some pods that have lower resistance coils so it does last a decent amount of time. No complaints there. It features built in USB charging where they list a limit of 1A charging. I tested this 4 times with 2 different inline USB meters and for the charge rate it maxed around .72-.76A so not full 1 A charging but close enough for the rating. No complaints there. Same goes for the battery where it was between 330 and 364 mah so good rating there as well. It charges in about 35 minutes. Nothing way overstated form what they list it as which is all i’m looking for. It does have passthrough vaping as well which is great. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the pod itself. The Elven is very nicely build and feels solid but still lightweight. It’s a thin metal body with no rattle and the coloring is really nice kind of a matte black on mine.

The Pod itself is easy to fill. It comes with an empty pod and the coils are built into the pod like the Renova Zero or Mi pod. The pods attach to the battery via a clip in system and are easy to get in and out and fit really well so good job there. To fill them it uses a standard rubber plug you remove to fill and the fill hole is large enough to use with a fine tip bottle easily. The rubber plug even for me and my non fingernails was easy to remove as it hangs a bit off the side of the pod for grip. The pods have 1 option which is a 1.6 ohm coil.

Usage is pretty easy. It’s a simple inhale to fire device. It does not have a single button. They don’t list if it’s fixed or direct output so i assume it’s direct output but you won’t notice a drop off in vape quality until it’s near dead really. There is a tiny but easy to see LED on the mod while vaping. It’s on the bottom of the top part so really easy to see while using to see your battery level. It’s on when firing and is green when 60% or more, Blue when 20% to 59%, and red when under 20%. Very well done there. There is also a cut out window and the pods are very lightly tinted so it’s easy to see the juice level. Overall a really nice simple device.

Coil Performance and details
The Eleav Elven Pod Kit comes with 2 pod which is great. All kits should always include 2 pods, so happy they did as a lot of them seem not to. There is only 1 pod option which is a 1.6 ohm coil. The pods are also lightly tinted so it’s easy to juice your juice level and there is a cutout in the battery as well. Very well done there as many pod systems don’t get this right. Performance wise though i used both coils in the kit. I used all 50/50 and 60/40 nic salt juices 20-30 mg nicotine. Flavorwise the performance was pretty good for a pod system. Not the best i had which would be like a tier one this one would be more like a tier 2 which is still really good. No complaints on the flavor at all and it’s more than acceptable. Coil life was also very good very good. I got between 16-18 ml per coil which is above the 10ml i usually look for in a pod system and right in line with the best of them. Overall i consider the pod performance very good both flavorwise and life wise

Pros:
  • color options (5 total)
  • good enough 1.6ml capacity pods
  • good build quality on battery
  • nice simple looks
  • small size for easy portability
  • inhale to fire worked good with no misfires
  • Passthrough Vaping
  • accurate ratings for battery size and charge rate
  • good flavor for a pod system
  • pods are easy to remove and install
  • juice level is easy to see
  • good battery meter that is easy to see
  • good coil life
  • good charge rate (35 minute charge time)
  • comes with 2 pods
  • filling pods is easy
  • good enough battery life for the size
Cons:
  • Couldn’t really find any
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one leans pretty heavy towards the yes for me. The elven gets a lot of things right that other pod systems don’t. It’s easy to use, simple, easy to fill, small, portable, charges fast, good battery meter. Really no complaints. It doesn't mean it’s the greatest thing ever mind you, It just works and is a good device to get people off smoking or to get people to switch from a much more expensive JUUL. it’s cheap, pods are cheap and the coil life and performance are good. Eleaf really knocked this one out of the park. I will be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Eleaf

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors