Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Dovpo Blotto RTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Dovpo Blotto RTA. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Dopvo Blotto RTA is the latest RTA from little known company Dovpo. I haven’t reviewed a ton of their products, but I did love their M VV mod a few years back, and their topside and topside dual squonk mods were also pretty good so overall solid company from my limited experience as of late. I also recently reviewed their D-salt pod kit and M VV II mod recently. This is my 1st rebuildable form them though as far as I can remember. The Blotto is a dual or single coil RTA for DTL vaping and is 25mm at the base with a postless deck and a 2 or 6ml capacity. It designed (well marketed) with popular youtube reviewer from down under the vaping bogan. It’s available in 3 colors Black, SS and Gunmetal and is available online around 30-40 bucks. Mostly out of china but i see vape royalty has it for 32 bucks in the US.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Collaboration with Sam Parsons of Vaping Bogan
  • 25mm diameter base
  • 6mL ULTEM Tank Capacity
  • Glass Reinforcement
  • 304 Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Threaded Top Fill System
  • Two Post Quad Terminal Build Deck
  • Top-Side Secured via Flathead Screws
  • PEEK Insulator
  • Single or Dual Coil Configuration
  • Sectioned Deck Based Airflow
  • 242° Dual Honeycomb Bored Airflows – 26 Holes Per Side
  • Threaded 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1-Qty Blotto RTA
  • 1-Qty Bubble Glass
  • 1-Qty ULTEM Bubble Glass
  • 1-Qty Accessory Bag
  • 1-Qty User Manual
  • 1-Qty Bottle Opener
  • Authenticity Code on Retail Box
Pictures Album:
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA I was pretty happy to see it. Hasn’t been a lot of rebuildables being made and even at ECC nobody was really making them. Only been like 5 or 6 RTAs made this year really which would normally be a slow month in vaping and not a 9 month output. Outside of that though I like the looks and always like postless decks so pretty happy overall to see a new RTA hit the market. I also liked the 2ml straight glass option or a nice 6ml with the bubble glass.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a basic Postless deck. The post holes are nice and large to accommodate any wire type you’d use in this really. The post screws are nice quality flat head grub screws and they include a spare set of 4. I wish they had a hex option which are my favorite but this is flat head only. Still I can't complain. Just a preference thing. The screws come in from the side in a way that flat wires like fused claptons won’t be bent when installing. Since it is postless you do need to precut your leads. Sadly this RTA doesn't come with a coil lead cutting tool which has become the standard and the manual doesn't list a length either. Personally I found 5mm leads to be ideal. The build area is pretty small. If you go single coil there is plenty of room as well to fit a 4mm ID coil however as a dual coil RTA 3mm ID coils are as close as you can get without touching. 2.5mm ID would be better to give some room. I wish there was more space for dual coil builds personally. Overall it’s an excellent deck that’s easy to build on and one of my personal favorite types of decks, but may not be ideal for new builders because postless decks aren’t always the easiest to build on since you have to pre-cut your leads and they didn’t include a tool for pre-cutting.

Wicking on this one is super easy. It wicks pretty well so you don’t need to go super thin on your wicks. Just a normal amount. It’s slightly raised deck so kind of “GTA styles” so just drop your cotton through the precut holes to the bottom.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a single coil RTA and a dual coil RTA. I ran 5 builds in it. 1 single coil 4mm ID round wire build, 1 single coil 4mm ID fancy build, 1 dual coil fancy 3mm ID build, 1 dual coil fancy 2.5mm ID build, and 1 dual coil 3mm ID round wire build. As a dual coil RTA I found it overall lacking flavorwise compared to many of the good ones on the market now and even some older ones. It does perform ok for round wire builds though if you use round wire but even then it’s bested by many others already. Where I found it worked best is with a big fancy single coil build. Again still not as good as the 2017 RTA options or even the aromamizer lite of 2019, but still better than many of the 2018 single coil RTAs. it may not be the best, but it is one of the top options you can find now. So overall it’s lacking as a dual coiler but ok for round wire users, but really best as a single coiler with a big fancy single coil in it, I do like that it is versatile though.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a Bottom Airflow RTA with 26 small sized round holes on each side that goes into a bottom airflow and side airflow in a “ramp” style. It’s a restricted DTL vape fully open. The AFC however despite having a lot of grip is my 1 quality complaint about this RTA. It was always really hard to adjust to start off and at this point is completely jammed and won’t turn for me at all. Thankfully it’s stuck fully open but still. It should have been easy to adjust and not so tight.

The top fill is your standard screw off top cap to expose the 2 large fill holes. It’s not a full unscrew though, it’s one of those quarter turn ones to pop it off which I love. Well done there and easy to open and close. The fill holes are a great size and can be filled with any type of bottle or you can just pour it in from a glass bottle. There is also a good amount of accessories that come with it, It sadly only comes with 1 drip tip though which is a clear frosted 810 tip with a metal wrapping. It looks nice but I wish they would have included a 2nd tip and a 510 adapter. It fits good though and pretty much any 81- tip should fit well in this RTA. It also comes with 3 tanks a standard 2ml glass and a 6ml bubble glass, and a 6ml ultem colored bubble glass. I like the 3 tank options. They only include 3 spare o-rings which was odd. Usually you get a whole bunch but in this case just 1 for the top of the glass, 1 for the bottom and 1 for the drip tip. A couple more o-rings would be nice, 4 spare post screws as well and a tri-tool. Would have been nice if they threw in a couple of coils and some cotton as well but not a big deal and a coil lead cutting tool would have been nice as well. They also included a skull shaped beer bottle opener cause bogan lol. Bottle opener isn’t great though the mouth part you use to open the bottle is a little too thin but i mean it works. As someone who has used all sorts of makeshift openers like lighters and dip cans and keys and other bottlecaps I can’t complain too much about a free bottle opener.

The quality on the Dovpo Blotto RTA is good. My only complaint again is the AFC. All the threading is really nice and smooth, there is texture everywhere it should be. Easy to take apart as well and the coloring looks nice. It’s a 25mm diameter RTA so it should fit easily on most mods. The 6ml capacity is really good with the bubble tank but the 2ml straight tank is a little on the small side. There is no JFC and it doesn't need one. I had no leaking or flooding issues and it handled chain vaping really good as well. Branding is nice and simple. Just the skull logo printed on the chamber inside visible through the glass.

Pros:
  • Good Build Quality
  • good quality flat head grub post screws
  • large fill holes
  • Excellent threading
  • nice easy to build and wick postless deck
  • 2ml and 2 6ml capacity options included
  • Versatile enough that it can be used as a dual or single coil RTA
  • no whistle on any setting
  • Simple quarter turn screw off top fill design
  • great texture everywhere it’s needed
  • standard 810 tip and included one is nice
  • Flavor is good as a single coil RTA
Cons:
  • Postless decks aren't really beginner friendly
  • including a set of coils and some cotton would have been nice
  • Coil lead cutting tool would have been nice
  • Only 1 drip tip included
  • only flat head screws, no 2nd option
  • AFC is way too hard to adjust on mine to the point where it’s stuck
  • Flavor is lacking as a dual coil RTA
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and this one I have to put at 50/50. It’s not a bad RTA by any means but really is better off being used as a single coiler and i have at least a dozen if not 2 dozen ones sitting on a shelf that perform better than it already and most people who own a dual coil RTA made in the past 2 years probably have one as well. I also don’t like the AFC being near impossible to adjust on mine. With that said, it does make a good performing single coiler while it may not be the best, it is going to be one of the top 5 or so still available today in that regard and you don’t really need to turn down the air, it’s already quite resitected fully open. So overall I mean I wouldn’t avoid but I wouldn’t rush out and tell people to buy it either hence the 50/50. I won’t be adding this to my sheet of recommendations you can see linked down below. Feel free to check that out if you are in the market for anything new.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Dovpo

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors